Definatly Something...

Uhh... My first no doutb

9 replies to this topic

#1 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

Well, At first I just wanted to make a homemade. I've never really liked anything that has been built before with a spring and plunger so, I made one with a small bike pump and tire valve. This gun I just tried to make functional then umm... Pretty... Anyways...

Here's the full gun-
http://i61.photobuck...per/fullgun.jpg

Here's the breech-
http://i61.photobuck...iper/breech.jpg

Here's the valve that's also the trigger that acually works very well-
http://i61.photobuck...igger-valve.jpg

Here's a pic of you facing down the barrel-
http://i61.photobuck...wersniper/P.jpg

Here's me holding it by the handle, ya, that's the handle-
http://i61.photobuck...twithhandle.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook then, there you go...

Range- flat+20pumps= around 115'. Angled+20pumps= around 145' ish-.
Acurate- Up to 130' (you can pump it more than 20 times)
Efective- It doesn't seem to loose any significant power until about 110' so... I guess 110'.

I mostly use 20pumps, but it can range from 14pumps-100pumps. At 100pumps, the dart get's ripped to shreads!

Edited by Powersniper{}, 07 August 2006 - 09:16 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#2 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

Ooooohhhh, oooooohhhhhhh. I have that valve, you got it out of a soa max fusion defender super soaker or something similar. They are spring loaded and open instantly. They are almost as good as a sprinkler valve. That is a nice gun over all. I know that grip isn't too uncomfortable because the Defender super soaker has one just like it. You should put a schrader valve on there also. That way if you buy a co2 bike tire inflator. You can fill it almost instantly, because 100 pumps takes an insanley long amount of time. 20 takes a lot of time also.

#3 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

Acually I can pump it 20 times in like 3 sec., the valve is from the triple shot super soaker, and the grip is acually quite comfy. it's hard to see but it's padded.
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

So, uh, any change you're willing to document this valve so we could perhaps figure out how to homemake one? : o))
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

Umm, what you meant by that was tell more about the valve, then sure.

The valve that I used are the ones you find in certain super soakers. I got mine from a triple shot that I got from target and cost me $10.
For those who don't know what the gun looks like-
http://www.hasbro.co...roduct_id=16032

It's a ball valve that's on a rocker system (basicaly on a spring that ups it almost instantly). It holds air incredably well and is always easy to open and close no matter how much preasure is behind it.

Uhh... If there's anyother questions that I havn't covered, umm... I'll anwser them.
David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#6 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:37 PM

Ummm 100 pumps? What is the air tank made out of? I like the barret m82 flash hider-thing.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#7 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

I've only pumpped it 100 times once, and I got worried it was gun blow up. But thankfuly it didn't. It's made of inch PVC, apoxy, and PVC cement. I'm glad someone noticed the barrel head. I was bored and waiting the PVC cement and apoxy to dry so I made it out a' balsa wood and spray painted it.

Oh ya, if you pump it more then 60 times, it shreads the dart unless you put in more than one (in which case all the darts go around 120'). But I also shoot marbels outa' this thing and they go a hell of a lot farther then a dart tag dart.

Umm. If there's something I can do to make the guns apperence/efficentcy better, I would love to hear suggestions. thanks

Edited by Powersniper{}, 08 August 2006 - 06:06 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#8 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

I suggest lowering the pumps, and adding some more comfortablity, like a better handle and maybe a solid case on the outside.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#9 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

that thing is super cool!!!!!
could you make someting like a picture with paint so show how that trigger works? because i don't get it so good.

greats

#10 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

Well, I could take like an hour out of my life to explain how the valve works with a crappy ass drawing I did on paint (which I really suck at, I use power point). But it's a ball valve that is pretty loose so it can open and close very easily with no leaks. It's attached to a spring and the spring is attached to a triangular peice that is on like a little track with a screw to guied it. So when you pull the triangular peice back, it snaps the ball valve open, then you let it go and it snaps it closed.

Sorry if it's confusing. If someone wants pics of it I'll post a couple up.

Also I'm currently extending the barrel.

Edited by Powersniper{}, 09 August 2006 - 01:21 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users