Manta4000

new primary

7 replies to this topic

#1 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:22 PM

Well, the past months have been cold, snowy windy and just suck-ass in general. But with our fist 70 degree day having occurred, I now have begun to smell the upcoming season of nerf, and God do I love it. To get back into the mood, I decided that I would start off constructing a whole new primary for myself. It was sort of spur-o-the-moment and only took a couple of hours but I am pleased. What I wanted to do is combine superior range and accuracy with a great back up, of course with a healthy serving of ROF, oh and built in shield. Well enough of my babbling, here are is my creation. I call it the Manta4000.

Posted Image
top view

Posted Image
bottom view

Posted Image
back view

Posted Image
front view

Posted Image

Just for those of you who aren’t familiar with the Manta Ray, it has two separate shots that each shoot two darts, for a total of four darts. As you can seen I took a decent spring gun with poor range and good ROF (the Manta Ray) and strapped on two AT2Ks underneath the shell, hence the name 4k (2000 x 2= 4000, yeah). Before doing this, I greatly improved on the range of the manta ray. It started out shooting mega stefans about 20’. But after simply wrapping the plungers in electrical tape and add adding new barrels, it gets about 50-60 ft. The internals of the Manta Ray are ripe with the opportunities of modification. While there are two separate plungers with on connected plunger shaft, there is only one spring. Another could be added for more power. Also, the two separate plungers could easily be rigged to a single barrel for much more power. Expect some more improvements in the weeks to come.

Anyway, I had to cut down some of the Manta’s shell to fit the 2Ks but it worked out nicely and only raised the shell of the manta by about 1 inch. Overall, I am very satisfied about the results of the project. I expect to continue perfecting it with a different trigger system for the air techs ( I’m not a fan of key rings), and more mods for the manta ray.

Ranges: Manta ray ~57 ft
Airtech 2K ~93 ft

Thanks for your time and please leave some feedback and criticism.

Edited by duce, 10 April 2005 - 04:24 PM.

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:41 PM

Jesus, and I thought I had a lot of shots on my primary conglomoration.
I hate you.

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:22 PM

Nice job man. Besides sounding very effective, it looks pretty cool too.
~Halfling

#4 SwitchbladeatJM

SwitchbladeatJM

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

Man that looks awesome. I might have to try that sometime, or maybe I'll just try something completly different. Huh. :D I guess I'll do whatever I think fits me best. Nice mod though. B)
A member of a 6 man clan.......the C.C.A.N.

"Shibby" -Dude Where's My Car

#5 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:20 PM

Very kick-ass. I would be afraid of being chased by that thing in a war. I really need to come up with a collaboration of my own...It looks awesome! Now the Manta Ray can actually pack a punch. I give a lot more respect to the gun, nice work!
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#6 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

Very kick-ass. I would be afraid of being chased by that thing in a war. I really need to come up with a collaboration of my own...It looks awesome! Now the Manta Ray can actually pack a punch. I give a lot more respect to the gun, nice work!

EDIT: Very sorry for the double-post. Damn fidgety computer.

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 11 April 2005 - 12:56 PM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:04 PM

Again, deuce, very nice.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#8 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:37 PM

Do I have to say it? It's looks very nice and seems like it would kick ass. Awesome!

Edited by Sqiggs89, 11 April 2005 - 05:38 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users