I Have An Idea

M249 concept

4 replies to this topic

#1 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:16 PM

Im thinking of making a Nerf gun that has the function of the regular chain fed Nerf gun like the Ratchet Blast (correct me if i said it wrong), and the Chain Blaze but can use shells and eject them like Boltsnipers rifle using a desintergrator belt like the ones used in the M60.

If you dont get where in going heres a diagram of what i mean:

http://people.howstu...chine-gun10.htm

For the bolt action i am thinking of useing Co2 to propel the bolt back and fourth using a system shown here:

http://people.howstu...achine-gun8.htm

If any one can tell me any ideas or flaws that would stop my idea please tell me.
The matrix is real...

#2 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:20 PM

Rototrack not rachet blast. Sound like a good idea but you need to be able to regulate the air to each shot.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#3 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:26 PM

If your looking on the machine-gun8 link if I can clarify this a bit more I'm going use the Co2 to propel the dart out of the barrel but creating an air seal to push the bolt back when the Co2 reaches the hole shown at the machine-gun8 diagram there.

P.S No its not the rototrack it's that other nerf gun that uses a crank-handle to
shoot Nerf darts. I won't reply untill tomarrow, need to get some sleep.

Edited by underservice, 09 April 2005 - 11:47 PM.

The matrix is real...

#4 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:48 PM

A gas operated system really isn`t going to work in a low pressure system. In rifles oeprating pressure at the gas port are usually 50000psi and higher. Whether short or full stroke piston, or gas impingment the gas from the gas port exerts and impulse rather than a force on the bolt carrier and the resulting momentum of the bolt carrier moves it rearward. To use this method in a low pressure system the gas will need to exert a force on the operating rod of the bolt though the entire motion of the bolt. This means the gas port will have to be extremely close to the chamber. You may be able to get it to work with CO2 but the energy required to cycle the action will not leave much for dart propulsion and you will likely get shitty ranges.

Sorry to hammer on your idea. It is a good one to start with. I actually tried it when I was working on a semiauto a while back. I just don`t want you to put a lot of work into it and be disappoitend. I do like the chain fed idea. That will be pretty sweet if you can it to work.

#5 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the heads-up on that flaw on the gas-blowback idea :alien: . I was wondering, is there a disentergrating belt for the size of the shells you have?

Edited by underservice, 10 April 2005 - 09:22 AM.

The matrix is real...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users