My Mounted Machine Gun

Pretty damn nifty

26 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:59 AM

Here's some nifty guns I finished recently.

Posted Image

This is the 3B I got finished with last night. I cut him down, taking off all the crap on the top and bottom. I also added some old cut up shotgun shells on the side for ammo holders. He's my artillery carbine and I've named him "The Governor."

Posted Image

I know everyone has seen a modded SSII, but I took a strip of copper, covered in electrical tape and duct taped it to the side to make a clip. It will secure the gun anywhere you can fit the clip. Eliminates the use of a gauky holster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was a Star Wars water pistol. Named him "Kilroy." I sawed off the end where the water nozzle is and melted a plastic stopper over the water tank. Just pop a round on the plastic tube inside and pump a quick 25 times. It generally fires accurately 50-60 feet. I also took the plastic sight out of an old Bow N' Arrow and took a fine tipped pen and drew in the crosshair for the scope. I added the Nerf sticker on the side for the heck of it.

Last... but certainly not least...

My artillery piece.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I took some copper tubing and bent it around the end of the barrel to make a bipod and taped it on. It doesn't look the greatest cosmetically, but the bipod is in the developmental stages. Next, I mounted the modified RZB to an old tripod that I found at the flea market for $4. It gives us a stable firing base and allows for quick, easy, and accurate firing. I sprayed some WD-40 down in the mechanism that turns the belt for smoothe operation. I also made a device that virtually eliminates all jamming and skipping. I took some copper tubing and ran it underneath the gun and bent it out in a "L" shape. I used zip ties to secure the copper tubing. Next, I put some rubber and wooden rollers on it to keep the belt feeding properly. 99% of the time if it jams, it is because the belt is too heavy. This device keeps some of the weight of the belt off the gun. I also took it apart and oiled it down and stretch the main spring, so I get about 45+ feet with it. We have two 100 round belts that we use. I had some old .50 caliber ammo cans that I picked up at the army surplus for $5 and we keep them in that. It not only looks like a real machine gun, but it is an easy way to store your ammo. It's a great field piece to set up as an offensive weapon or set it up for base defense. I've even put in in the back of my buddy's truck and made a "gun ship" out of his truck. Haha.

People have pointed out that it is somewhat of a burden of the battlefield since it is large and is mounted, however, I understand that. I was able to attach a sling so I could tote it around off the tripod. My mobility was not affected whatsoever.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me. Hope you guys enjoyed these guns.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#2 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

Have you ever actually used your turret in a war to know if its effective? And 45 ft. isn't very good range, even for a more defense oriented weapon. You would be limited to base defense in CTF or something like that.

Also, what kind of range does your BBB get.
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:27 AM

Yes, we've used it in battle and yes, it's very effective as far as defense in concerned. The range of 45 feet is average, sometimes on a good day we'll get a more closer to 50. Range hasn't caused any problems as of yet. As afore mentioned, we have 200 rounds worth of ammo belt hooked to it, so it's ideal for defense. My BBB carbine fully modified gets accurately 110 feet with a stock airjet dart. With a Stefan, it'll push 120 or so.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#4 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

Both of those ideas look mighty fine. I really like the "boomstick" concept of the BBB. I suppose the machine gun would work well for defense. If used in an indoor-war, it would really kick, nice job.

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 08 April 2005 - 11:14 AM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#5 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

How much for the razorbeast? :D ;) sereiously though, if you want to sell it ( I dont know why you would0 I would buy. that is absolutely awesome!

#6 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:39 PM

I should buy up Razorbeasts, mod them, and re-sell them. Haha. :D
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#7 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

I wanted to do the same thing to my BBB but then it looked to hard to cock the gun? Do you find this problem with your gun? Awsome job by-the-way!
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#8 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

Thank you, Blink. :) Nope, my 3b is not hard to cock at all.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#9 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

Wow, those all look really nice! The copper clip on the side of the SSII is a very good idea. I might have to try that with a few of my guns. What barrel do you use on the bbb to get 120 ft? And that razorbeast is fucking awesome. How fast does that shoot? And 45 ft isn't too bad for something with 100 shots. That would definately rule in an indoor war. Good job on all of those.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#10 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

Thank you, Blink. :) Nope, my 3b is not hard to cock at all.

What have you done to get 120' out of it? Mine with PVC gets like 85' with mega's. I plan to brass it, but I want to hear what you did, because it is one of my favorite guns, and I would like to push its limits.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#11 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed my work, Formerly Sane.

Moose... I've now brassed the barrel and absolutely stretched the hell out of the spring. I put some WD-40 in there as well to assure smoothe operating. It hits out at around 120 with my Stefans.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#12 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:30 PM

Are these angled or flat ranges? And stretching the spring actually weakens it over time you might not want to do that.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#13 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:47 PM

Dude, I will freaking cry if you don't attach a motor to the crank shaft and a momentary switch for the trigger.

Minigun fun, anyone?

Edited by Arcanis, 08 April 2005 - 06:47 PM.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#14 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

Springs do not concern me, friends. I have a source for springs so if one breaks or is defuct, I can just reinstall another one.

The range for the BBB is with about a 40 degree angle.

As far as attaching a motor... I've done that in the past with Razorbeasts. I ended up break off the handle and screwing it up permanently. I might screw around with the RZB and that damn broken Power Wheels motor I have somewhere...

Edited by Starbuck, 08 April 2005 - 07:10 PM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#15 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

A power wheels motor will definately work. Those things have uber tourqe and power. The cars them selves don't go that fast because of the massive down gearing they have on them. I wish I still had the power wheels I suped up. Took away the gear box, put on some sprockets and a chain, put inner tube on the wheels for more traction, and used a lawn tractor battery. Amazing. It went about 25 mph tops.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#16 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

That razorbeast is for basedefense, not losing, so 50 feet is perfectly fine.
Morons With Guns own you.

#17 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

That razorbeast is for basedefense, not losing, so 50 feet is perfectly fine.

My thought exactly. Most of the time, you will have people rushing you at close range. The RZB is a master of close quarters combat.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#18 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

What you should do is get one of those display boards that people use for school projects, cut it into a

I I_I I
I___I
and mount in on the front of the gun for protection from sharpshooters. The gun would rest in the U shaped cut in the middle of the board.

Edited by Greek Assassin, 08 April 2005 - 10:15 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#19 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

WOW! That's really like a gatling gun. It solves the main problem with the razorbeast which is accuracy by using the bipod and the range by stretching the spring, at least temporarily.

I bow to you starbucks(NO,NC starbuck?)

#20 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

Indeed, Viper. Tis I, Starbuck from the days of NO and NC. :nugget:

Greek Assassin... I found an old Army net in the base that I've made provisions for. I put two dowel rods on the tripod and stretched the net between them. I tried cardboard, but it exposes your torso. The net protects your entire upper body. I'll post the pics of it tomorrow.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#21 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:12 AM

Power Wheels? Cool concept, but aren't they like $150+?
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#22 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:47 AM

I like the razorbeast, but with your ammo in a metal case and on a relatively inflexible chain, it looks like it would be difficult if you had to turn. Have you considered a second attachment below the support one you have that just holds the case so you can turn easily (like on a military SAW)?

#23 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:15 AM

Believe it or not the chain doesn't cause any mobility problems. We can still turn it just fine. If you keep the ammo box directly beside of it and about three inches away from the tripod, it's perfect. The only problem is when we try to tilt it up. We can get to about 45 degrees, but anything over that is impossible because the chain then freaks out. This, however, is not a giant problem because we rarely would one want to fire over 45 degrees.

Still working with the motor. I'll have info on it later.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#24 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:55 AM

Sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but are you the same Starbuck from NerfCenter...?
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#25 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:20 AM

Dude he already that he is.
AWESOME guns by the way. How far does your BBB shoot flat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users