Problem With Ppk Nf Mod

broke the mounts

No replies to this topic

#1 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:57 PM

I believe my NF is cursed. So far, everything that's happened to it have been easy fixes. But now, I believe I have found a "Buy new Nitefinder" problem. The cyclinder mount holes located on the top rear and bottom front of the cylinder have had the rear section of them sheared and broken off*. The holes in the brackets were oblong before this happened, obviously showing wear. The reason why I believe they broke was because I no longer had any support for the slamming of the piston against the front of the cylinder besides those two plastic pieces. It was fine until I reglued the front of the cylinder back because before it would move with the piston due to a duct tape hold. After the glue set, I tried it out and noticed move movement than usual. I do recommend anyone who uses a NF more than a sidearm or backup and has removed the front of the case to check for any excess wear on the cyclinder mounting brackets. Anyone who can come up with a good solution to this besides replacement of the cylinder, please share your wisdom with me. If pictures are needed, please notify and I will boot up my other computer and post some digitals. I feel weird asking for "fix this" help, but that's what we're do here, help eachother, right?

*Front was sheared, rear broke completely.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users