Help With Nf Mod

Crayola Barrel

14 replies to this topic

#1 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:50 AM

Hi guys, I wanted to crayola barrel my nite finder and i found this mod http://denoffoam.tripod.com/id49.html. The directions were a little bit unclear to me and I just wanted to double check. So after you drill a hole in that little cap next to the plunger casing, it says glue the crayola barrel. But in this picture, http://denoffoam.tripod.com/id33.html, you can still see a little white piece inside the cap. So does that mean when you make your crayola you should leave on the part where the drawing tip is, and stick that part into the hole? My next question was how I can keep my crayola barrel straight, now that the stock piece is taken out. Should I just wrap it with some kind of tape? And my last question was is there any way to quiet down my nite finder? It's super loud, and it feels like every time I shoot it something's going to break. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#2 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:54 AM

i've tried the crayola marker barrel, and i've found that a brass barrel or nested brass works better ( imho ) i think the brass looks better.

Edited by Richomundo, 28 March 2005 - 12:54 AM.

#3 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:13 AM

But I don't really have access to brass...that's why I started a topic about crayola barrels...

#4 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:43 AM

Just take the stock barrel and cut 1" from the bottom. Then sand it out and glue the crayola in there. Then put everything back together.In the second picture the white peice is the crayola. On denoffoam there is another nite finder mod that makes it quieter.

I just swichted to stefans and cpvc. You won't beleive how much more power mine gets.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#5 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:29 AM

The loudness is caused by spring impact-therefore, you could glue foam to the BACK of the plunger head to dampen the spring.
Morons With Guns own you.

#6 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:13 PM

Or..you could keep the loud sound so that it retains its kick-ass-ness.
Indiana '11

#7 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

Yes, keep the drawing tip of the crayola barrel on. It should fit better into the cap. I don't have access to brass barrels either, so this is my cup o' tea. That foam-plunger silencer seems to work well. My friend did it with his NF, and I like how it sounds. Now if I can get it right...

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 28 March 2005 - 01:31 PM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#8 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:38 PM

Yes, keep the drawing tip of the crayola barrel on.

I don't have access to brass barrels either,

No, cut the tip off and sand the ridges on the inside down. Also "I don't have access to brass" is not an excuse. There are plenty of other barrel materials like pvc,cpvc and petg.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#9 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

I, just did the mod and mine is just inaccurate. I think the nite finder looks better with the crayola anyway.
Been a while.
#bro

#10 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:50 PM

God damn you guys, I warned him on the HQ. That's what is stupid about posting on NH and NHQ...My exact post:

"Don't do that mod! Don't! I did it recently, and it adds a little more power (just because the barrel shakes arround) and decreases accuracy. After asking Falcon why it happened, he told me that one of his clan mates wrote that mod, and that it is horrible. He told me to simply put everything back the way they were. I'm suprised he didn't take it down. Try to find some barrel material, but if you can't, the stock barrel on the NF is perfectly fine as long as you do everything else. I hope I helped.

DaViS"
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#11 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

Question 1: The little cap closest to the plunger casing, does it matter if I flip it inside out?? The part originally facing the rear end of the gun has a little nest where I can easily wrap my crayola tip with tape and fit it in. Do you think I can do that or do I have to keep the cap facing the right way?

Question 2: To silence my gun, you guys suggested to place foam near the back of the plunger head. Could you please show me a little bit clearer where? I'm still a little confused.

Thanks a bunch.

#12 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:04 PM

Davis, well now my barrel doesn't shake and it goes alot farther, today, i put on a cpvc mod and i tried to make it look like an mp5, I think it's worth the 10 min to do it.
Been a while.
#bro

#13 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:51 PM

Davis, well now my barrel doesn't shake and it goes alot farther, today, i put on a cpvc mod and i tried to make it look like an mp5, I think it's worth the 10 min to do it.

Exactly, smart one. CPVC is what you should do! I don't reccomend the Crayola barrel for the poor acuracy. I do reccomend CPVC, as my NF is now CPVC barreled.

DaViS
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#14 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:09 PM

When he says to put foam on the plunger head, he means the disk like thing at the end of the plunger shaft. When firing the gun, the plunger head slams against the back of the barrel. This is what produces that loud sound when firing. If you put foam on the front of the plunger head,(the part that hits the barrel) the impact noise will be dampened.

Edited by Greek Assassin, 29 March 2005 - 11:10 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#15 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:21 PM

Question 1: The little cap closest to the plunger casing, does it matter if I flip it inside out?? The part originally facing the rear end of the gun has a little nest where I can easily wrap my crayola tip with tape and fit it in.  Do you think I can do that or do I have to keep the cap facing the right way?

you're talking about the little circular thing the size of a quarter? yeah when i did my first mod to the nite finder i accidentally flipped that thing around, and i lost all my power, so i suggest keeping it the same way... it was like it was even worse than unmodded. If you wanted to, you could put a big hole in it, and keep the 2 rings. but don't take it out because that round piece is necessary to stop the plunger action.

Edited by Richomundo, 30 March 2005 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users