Photo

Thinkgeek Gun- Something Familiar About This...

6 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

http://www.thinkgeek...dies/toys/753d/
Posted Image

Shoots marshmallows. Didn't we used to have a guy around here toting marshmallows as the nerf ammo of the future? I guess this gun more or less proves it wasn't a completely rediculous idea. Also makes me rethink my stance on weather or not the ball blaster is moddable....

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:57 PM

I saw that too, recently. It was because of their april fools thing, I was browsing the site and saw it, along with a pretty nice repeating rubber band gun. The range and accuracy are debatable condsidering the ammunition; still, a great gun in theory.

Edited by PissBacon, 06 April 2005 - 10:58 PM.

#3 parmaster320

parmaster320

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:03 PM

I saw this gun a few weeks ago at an Urban Outfitters at Woodfield mall near Chicago. The problem was the store was heavily overpriced and the gun was like $28. It did look pretty cool though.

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:53 PM

yeah, i've seen them around too. one random catalogue that shows up at my hizzouse had it for like 10 bucks, then i went to the mall and saw it at spencer's for 25ish...one of these days i'm going to get one, sometimes i can't help myself.

Edited by baghead, 07 April 2005 - 11:53 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#5 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:12 AM

I remember those posts. That guy was using marshmallows to shoot his dog but he had to stop because his dog kept eating the ammo and got so sick they had to go to the vet. It was a pretty funny story.

#6 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:44 PM

This beats your lousy marshmallow shooter.

And so does this this.
:)

Cool find though. I think foam is a better ammunition than a mix between sugar and air. I also think that parents would rather buy their children foam guns than sugar guns because they don't want them to get hyper, but children would probaby want sugar guns more. That is, if they actually knew that marshmallows are mainly sugar and air, but most kids don't know that :).

Sporkboy, that's a kind of funny story. Poor dog though...
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#7 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Langley, I just bought the gun. It is pretty cool. You can buy marshmallows from them or just buy Kraft Minis instead, they recommend them. It fires the fake ones about 25-30 feet holding the gun level. I'll be trying it out at the show next week when I get it. Come check it out.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users