Ok I Have An Idea

no idea if it would work.

3 replies to this topic

#1 nerfern3wb

nerfern3wb

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:51 PM

ok you all keep saying that the maveric has a godawful air seel between the barrel and plunbger chamber. I had the idea that you could attach (glue or whatever) an O-ring to either each of the dart chambers in the cylinder, or you could attach it to the plunger tube out put I don't know how the maveric works and don't have one so I can't try myself. but could someone try it if they thought it might work. if it wouldn't work why?

thank you for indulging me

#2 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

I'm pretty sure we already have. Unfortunately, the rotating mechanism in the gun is very weak. My freind tried to Put an O-ring on it, but there was so much friction, the rotating mechanism couldn't handle it. My freind ended up haviong to rotate the revolver automaticly.

Edited by FIDO, 23 March 2005 - 07:35 PM.

Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#3 nerfern3wb

nerfern3wb

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

hmmm..... at least I had the idea ;)

#4 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:31 AM

Yeah, it's super weak on the return. It's pretty much common knowledge, but it's important for my speech; the barrel rotates halfway when you pull the trigger, then the other half when you release. If there's too much friction, it hardly rotates that second part. I found this out when I painted my gun. I think if you put more spring behind it it would work though... I might give it a shot. Right now a friend of mine is working on a different mod for the same problem though, we may never perfect it, but you can try. We're thinking about putting a spring in the front of the barrel somehow so it pushes it back, because we've noticed that if you hold it back before each shot it gets way better range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users