Photo

Mod For Airtech 3000

18 replies to this topic

#1 Nightkitsune

Nightkitsune

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:26 PM

Hi, I am really nre to nerf. I am trying to figure out what plug the pump means, if anyone could post pictures I would be greatfull, thanks.

Edited by Nightkitsune, 23 March 2005 - 04:16 PM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:30 PM

There is something called an overpressure release valve in the pump on most stock pump guns. It releases air after the gun is pumped a certain amount of times, to avoid blowing the tank. So, plugging the pump is taking the pump itself out of the gun, finding the release valve, which is just a little hole in the end of the pump and plugging it up with hot glue. This is a common mod that increases the efficiency of pumping your gun, and is common on Air Tech 2000s, Air Tech 3000s, RF20s, Wildfires, etcetera. Pretty much any pump gun. These are not found in plunger guns, only guns with a pump.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 22 March 2005 - 04:31 PM.

SexD Warves

#3 Nightkitsune

Nightkitsune

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:33 PM

thanks, the pump tube right?

#4 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:36 PM

I would recomend not plugging the pump. I have three guns with busted airtanks, its just not worth it.

Also nerfmonkey your not suppose to plug the pump on a rapid fire 20 or wildfire.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#5 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Yeah its on the end here is a link. Its a sm750, but the valve is in the same place, second pic.

edit: dude, navy seal, busted tanks can be fixed and I'd say the range is worth it. Just dont overpump it.

Edited by duce, 22 March 2005 - 04:40 PM.

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#6 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:19 PM

busted tanks can be fixed and I'd say the range is worth it. Just dont overpump it.

If your going to use the gun and you know your not going to overpump it you shouldn't blow the tank, but if you loan guns to people don't plug the pump. Also the range isn't more than 5-10 ft more with a plugged pump.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#7 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:22 PM

busted tanks can be fixed and I'd say the range is worth it.  Just dont overpump it.

If your going to use the gun and you know your not going to overpump it you shouldn't blow the tank, but if you loan guns to people don't plug the pump. Also the range isn't more than 5-10 ft more with a plugged pump.

plugging the pump on an at2k hops the range an easy 30'
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#8 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:35 PM

busted tanks can be fixed and I'd say the range is worth it.  Just dont overpump it.

Heh... the huge "pop" I heard while my... uh, friend was pumping my SM1500 makes me sort of agree. But then again, that's why I don't lend guns out anymore.
Plugging the pump is definitely worth it, IMO. Just keep it away from stupid friends.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#9 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

How do you know how many pumps are needed for which guns? is there some way to test other than "lets see how many times we can pump our gun until it explodes"?

#10 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

How do you know how many pumps are needed for which guns? is there some way to test other than "lets see how many times we can pump our gun until it explodes"?

Now that I don't know. Personally I don't reccomend plugging pumps though. If the pump isn't plugged, you can't blow the tank. I loan my guns out, so I never plug pumps except on certain guns (see below next quote). It doesn't add much range, but the main thing is air per pump. With a plugged pump, you get more pump efficiency. A plugged AT2K takes 3 pumps to prime, but an unplugged one would take 5 or 6 to get the same pressure.

Also nerfmonkey your not suppose to plug the pump on a rapid fire 20 or wildfire.

Actually, you can plug the pump on them without risking blowing the bladder. The air-release valve is a little push-button thing in the case that holds the bladder. When the bladder is inflated too much, the button presses in against the plastic bladder case and releases air until it is un-pressed. When the bladder deflates a little bit, the button is not pressed against the bladder case. Plugging the pump on RF20's and WF's will increase pump efficiency without the risk of blowing the bladder.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 01 May 2005 - 09:53 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#11 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

Could someone post a couple of pictures showing where the valve is in the At2k? I sure can't find it, and I definately don't want to be plugging some other hole.

*EDIT* Oh! heh just kidding, i just saw a post by duce that helped me out. Thanks a bunch duce! *END EDIT*

Edited by Team_Slaya, 03 May 2005 - 09:56 PM.

#12 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:41 AM

You guys are pussies. Plug your pumps. It helps a lot. How do you know how many pumps? Search the forums. For most guns it'll be 5-6, with several exceptions. When it starts becoming difficult to pump, stop.

You'll soon realize that every single pump gun mod is the same:

1. Plug Pump / other holes
2. Replace barrels

If you're friends are legally retarded, then take something removable on your gun. With a sharpie write a big "5" or "10" or whatever it may be. That should solve most of your problems.

Edited by IronRhino, 04 May 2005 - 12:41 AM.

She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#13 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

In general, I try to avoid lending my guns, period. My group of friends is exceptionally good at breaking things. If I do lend one out, I make it a spring gun.
I always plug the release in a pump gun. Even if it doesn't result in much more distance, you spend less time pumping the gun, and more time firing the thing. For example, I plugged my 1500 and instead of pumping 5-6 times for around a 80-90' shot, I only have to give it 3 pumps. I find this is much more useful when I war. Speaking of which, I plan on having one after school since we have nice weather suddenly.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#14 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:16 PM

If just you're going to be using the gun, then for sure plug it. But if you'll be lending it out then do a partial plug. If done right you'll be able to get a lot more air in the tank then normal, without having to worry about over pumping it.
formerly frank8715

#15 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:58 AM

i would agree with most of the 'dont plug if you are going to lend them to friends' but for personal use i highly recomend it after plugging my SSM i was gettin average ranges of around 95' with a stock barrel which i might end up changing.
-------
COREY

#16 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

What happens if you only partially cover up the whole? Will it give you more air per pump without running the risk of blowing your tank?
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#17 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

I have an AT3k, and I have plugged up the pump. I do no more than 5 pumps and I have never had a problem. I don't think that partially covering the pump will do anything to help your gun at least not anything noticeable. The 3k is one of the sturdier AT's and I have done 6-7 pumps by accident ocassionally and never had a problem. As long as you keep track of whether you primed the damn thing, you shouldnt have a problm with killing it.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#18 foamsmith

foamsmith

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

What happens if you only partially cover up the whole? Will it give you more air per pump without running the risk of blowing your tank?

No. Same air per pump, but it will be longer until the over pressure release valve does it's thing.
formerly frank8715

#19 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

has anyone successfully single-barreled their At3k? I really want mine to be a single barrel, just for the heck of it ( i already did a 6 PETG barrel mod ). I almost have it, its just there seems to be a metal rod that connects the rotating barrel through a piece of plastic above the air tank. I can't get the barrel out to connect a new one directly to the air tank. Any suggestions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users