What I sent to Hasbro

18 replies to this topic

#1 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

Hello all

I was thinking earlier today, viewing mods on various Nerf sites, and an idea came to me. Why not have Nerf make modular weapons? like making a mod they can market that can make a pistol into a rifle, dart shotgun into a bazooka, etc.

Here's what I sent....

To whom it may concern,

My name is (blah). I am admirer of the Nerf Blaster line of toys since the old Parker Brothers yellow ball blaster rifles were made in (blah) at the old Parker Brothers factory in (blah). I am not sure if you are aware, but there is an online community of Nerf Blaster enthusiasts. Some of these enthusiasts have took it upon themselves to modify Nerf Blasters, and a good portion of them are at least high school/college graduates (myself included). If you are wondering why you have an older croud, it's that Nerf Blasters make a good stress reliever in an office. Anyway, my point is that it would be great if you create a line of Nerf Blasters that have interchangable components. Components that are interchangable could be ammunition types (plunger/sonic darts), barrel sizes (pistol-to-rifle), loading style (manual single shot, rotating barrel like the Maverick, a clip/magazine/shells that can be manually loaded), firing rate (semi automatic like the Maverick, or full automatic like the HORNET AS-6 component of the Nerf N-Strike 3-in-1 blaster system). I know I am no propultion/fuladic dynamics engineer, but having this kind of setup would be very cool and unique. This kind of system would also reusability of future Nerf Blasters, if reverse compatability is factored in with future blaster models/systems. It will also prevent some dangerous modifications from occuring. I hope you take this idea under consideration and anticipate its implementation.

I should've posted it here first, asking for any suggestions, but I was in the zone in my head.

If anyone in here works for Hasbro or knows someone, can they pass this along?
Pretty please?

Edited by acumen101, 14 March 2005 - 12:14 PM.

________

#2 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

What the hell is fuladic dynamics????

^_^

#3 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

to be honest, I'm not sure. I know that its involved in rocket science and jet propulsion. as I stated in it, I was writing it when I was on a writing binge.
________

#4 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

Interchangeable ammunition/barrels was done with the SM5000

#5 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

I was googling recently and found a mod article on this site. It stated that the SM5k was ahead of it's time and pretty good. Why not bring the idea back?
________

#6 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

Lets see if they reply. hmmmmm
New Breed

#7 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:04 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread, really, but I just thought of it...

"The amount of fun a thing is is directly proportional to the size of its warning label"
________

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, I like to play around with arsenic all the time ^_^
SexD Warves

#9 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:49 AM

OMG! Whyd u tell them bout us???????? now thy r goin 2 make guns u cant mod and nerf will die!!!!1!!11!!!!! i cant bilive u

You do realize that not only do they know about us, we have a good relationship with them. Check the "Questions to ask Hasbro" thread.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#10 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:06 AM

man...I feel like a total loser now. ^_^ If you feel it nessacary, you can kill my membership.
________

#11 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:13 AM

A thought just occured to me. If a mod series does happen, why can't we modify the mods they put out?
________

#12 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:12 AM

Acumen101, don't feel like an idiot, your new, so I'll give you a few tips.

Don't double post. There is an "Edit" button attached to each of the posts you've made. Use that instead.

Use the "Search" function of this site. It will tell you if theres already a topic about something you search for.

Keep you grammar at a good level.

Have a good stay here,
~Halfling

#13 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:24 AM

man...I feel like a total loser now. ^_^ If you feel it nessacary, you can kill my membership.

You learned the hard way. I'm willing to forgive and forget so long as you don't do something like this again. Judging by your recent posts, I don't think you will. You're not the first to send an email to Hasbro, and certainly not the last. I'm just thanking God you didn't ask them to re-release the crossbow.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#14 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:15 PM

Shindig, thank you for your forgiveness. I will do my best to uphold the code of conduct.
________

#15 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:59 PM

I'm not sure what many of you guys are scared of asking hasbro these questions, though many are useless and stupid I'm quite certain people don't have much to lose by contacting them. Johnson research is the same way, they're usually very cooperative and at the worst, simply don't care about your questions. Oh, and stop this "thank you for your forgiveness" bullshit, it makes this place look like a cult. :alien:

Edited by Viper, 15 March 2005 - 01:00 PM.

#16 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

got a reply today from Hasbro. The usual "can't accept your unsolicited responce due to legal reasons". That's life.
________

#17 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

I could of told you that would happen...
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#18 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, or like we have well-mannered members. There's nothing wrong with what he said, as long as he means what he says and cleans up his posts.
SexD Warves

#19 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

What? I totally thought this WAS a cult?!

Stupid, now I don't feel special.
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users