March 26 War

10 replies to this topic

#1 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:57 PM

Our original intent was to hold the war on March 20, however the weather didn't plan on being on our side.

I imagine the headcount and March 26 line-up shouldn't be much different, with Hersh, Atti, Talio, the LGLF, LCM and others coming this Saturday.

Here's directions from the LGLF homepage (thanks Langley).

---

DIRECTIONS TO TINDALL PARK, MIDDLETOWN, NJ

From North:

Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 117 (Routes 35 and 36, Keyport/Hazlet). Pay toll and follow signs for Route 35 South. Take Route 35 South for approximately 5 miles (when the highway splits and you start to see a Mobil Gas Station, a Dunkin’ Donuts, and a garden supplies store on your left instead of northbound traffic, you are close). Take the jughandle for Twinbrooks Ave., your first after the highway split, and proceed onto Highway 35 North.
Stay in your right lane on Rt. 35 North and take the next jughandle, for Tindall Rd. (Middletown/New Monmouth). Veer to your right after the jughandle (if you crossed Rt. 35, you’re going the wrong way) and continue down Tindall Road. Tindall Park will be to your left, directly across from Middletown High School North. The driveway is in a U-shape, and we will be meeting by the mini-golf/playground in the center of the U.

From South:

Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 109 (County Route 520, Red Bank/Lincroft). After existing, go straight through the traffic light (Route 520) onto Half Mile Road. Proceed down Half Mile Road and make a right at the end of the road, West Front Street. Proceed down West Front Street, making a left at your next traffic light (Hubbard Ave.) You will see a school on your right, and you will make a right at the next traffic light (Navesink River Road). Follow Navesink River Road to your next traffic light, where you will make a left onto Rt. 35 Northbound.
Follow Rt. 35 for about three or four miles. When the highway expands from two to three lanes (a Wachovia bank and Spirits Unlimited liquor store will be on your right, along with a large scary clown), shift into your right lane and take the jughandle for Tindall Road (Middletown/New Monmouth). Veer to your right (if you crossed Rt. 35, you’re going the wrong way) and continue down Tindall Road. Tindall Park will be to your left, directly across from Middletown High School North. The driveway is in a U-shape, and we will be meeting by the mini-golf playground in the center of the U.

Food/Attractions/etc:

Food: For McDonalds/Pizza Hut: Make right out of Tindall Park and follow to Rt. 35. Make a right onto Rt. 35 and McDonalds and Pizza Hut will be right next to each other, less than a half a mile on your right.
For Burger King: Make right out of Tindall Park and follow to Rt. 35. Make a left onto Rt. 35 and Burger King will be less than one-tenth of a mile on your right.
For Valentino’s/Middletown Pizza: Make left out of Tindall Park and make a right at your next traffic light (Leonardville Road). Middletown Pizza will be one-quarter of a mile to your right and Valentino’s is just a bit further on your left. (Valentino’s is better, trust me).

Parents:

Parents driving players might be interesting in walking through Red Bank’s shopping district. Follow directions above for Burger King to Rt. 35 North, but stay on the highway for about three miles. You will cross a bridge into Red Bank. Proceed straight onto Bridge Ave. after first traffic light. Make a left at your next traffic light onto West Front Street. On Broad St. and Monmouth Ave. in Red Bank, there are many stores, restaurants, and other places to browse.

Directions to Sandy Hook (Gateway National Park): Sandy Hook is a 10 mile nationally protected stretch of beaches that is about half an hour away from Tindall Park (assuming moderate weekend beach traffic). Make a left out of Tindall Park onto Tindall Road. At the next traffic light, make a right onto Leonardville Road and follow it about 7-8 miles to its end (Highway 36 East). Yield onto Highway 36 East and follow it for another 7-8 miles. When you get to the drawbridge, get into your right lane; the exit for Sandy Hook is just after the bridge. Be prepared to pay $10 for your vehicle to enter if it is during the day and try to avoid Gunnison Beach unless you are interested in seeing the human body in all of its natural beauty.

---

See you all later in the week,
Matt
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#2 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

You guys might not be seeing me since i came down with this nasty virus thats realy fucking me up right now.... so im playin it by ear but idk ill get you guys later in the week.

#3 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I got work from 1-5 that day... Looks like I might not be able to make it.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:03 PM

Extremely low chance of me showing. Too much driving, have fun though.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

No can do, last day my gf will be in town. You know how that goes.
I hate you.

#6 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:42 AM

Scrimmage up in Metuchen, sorry guys.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:41 AM

Bro's wedding. Can't make it.

The war on the 20th was pretty fun though, you should've been there.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

Hahahaha. Okay. No war.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:48 PM

Sorry Homey, come to DCNO.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

Sorry Homey, come to DCNO.

Thats the plan. Hersh you wanna rock some DC ass with me?

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:16 PM

I hope, cause I just multibarreled a 1500 I got from Hasbro this morning and it shoots hershes zero's like a mofo and they only need to be blown down.

Come on Hersh, you know you can do it.

Talio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users