Photo

Homeade Nerf Gear

22 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:51 PM

After having my friend shoot me in the head from 30 feet away, and 20 minutes after, being able to tell where he hit me from the welts, I felt the need for some body armor. Once I saw this topic on NHQ, and not here, I felt the need to post it. So, post your ideas on Nerf gear that coud be useful in battle in this thread.

My idea-Take some cloth, and put duct tape on one side. Tear up cardboard, and duct tape it to teh other side. The cloth can be a headband, belt, vest, whatever. It should take some of teh shock out of being hit.

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

Some form of eye wear is a necessity. I don't war without glasses or sunglasses on just as a precaution. For the most part, welts are a nature of the beast sometimes, but they shouldn't happen consistently. Evil gave me a welt on my forearm that was visible for over ten days. It hurt like hell when I got it, but I sucked it up and played for the rest of the day. It's all about pain tolerance I guess.

Perhaps you should consider not playing with that gun anymore if it's that powerful? The other suggestion that I could make is having a rule for no intentional head shots. That's an unwritten rule at NJ wars. Head shots happen, but not often, that's the way it should be. Another good idea might be the tap tule to avoid problems such as you mentioned. NJ nerfers play with a rule that if two people are very close in range, and one of them is unloaded, they can ask for a tap by the other person provided that the other person is loaded if they wish. Call it wussy, but it avoids a lot of problems and welts if you ask me. It also keeps people from getting pissed at each other.

I don't think Nerf and armor really go together. It doesn't help your public image at parks if you are walking around with body armor. Part of the reason why paintball has such a negative persona is that so muc h armor is typically needed. I guess this is one of those situations where "To each his own" applies. But is still ask, why?
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

If you are concerned about getting hit in the throat, you could wear a headband or even a piece of cardboard around your neck to protect your trachea. I don't know how much damage a Stefan could do, but just in case I would wear a headband around my neck. Holsters and ammo sacks are also a good idea. Oh, and maybe gloves so you don't break a finger or something. That hurts. And of course, like Shindig said, ALWAYS, ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION!
SexD Warves

#4 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:22 PM

No offense, but seriously, I get loaded up by Timmy's and Shockers every weekend, and I play with just a jersey and shorts. And thats paintball. Nerf isn't that bad, I used to play with SM5k's Sniper5000-style inside, and the worst I would get was a week long bruise. (We used to many weights in the stefan back then). Just suck it up, but I guess head gear (hat, headband, etc.) would be fine. But, if you want to wear armour, go buy some kevlar and go enlist in the marines or army, but if your playing Nerf, just get some sunglasses, hat/headband, and possibly a neck gaurd. But googles/glasses are a must. You don't need cardboard armour to play nerf, thats just sad.

EDIT: I realize that you CAN'T buy kevlar, but I am just using it in my example.

Edited by The Large Moose, 13 March 2005 - 07:23 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:36 PM

If you don't like getting hit wear layers of cloth and you won't feel it as much or you could put padding on your darts. Armor is going to make you look weird and you won't be able to tell if you got hit.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 nerfcrusader

nerfcrusader

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

Plus armor would make it harder to move around than without, and movement is a key to nerfing. But if your truly concerned, wear a paintball mask and use camo. Not only does camo hide you, it is also thick enough to take away some of the pain.
Drummer and songwriter of Governor

#7 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:31 PM

Sorry if I made it seem that I felt pain with nerf is bad. I really don't acre. I just thought that it would be cool to have a small place on your body that if it was shot, would not hurt and would not count.

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#8 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

I see what he's saying, and if you were good at it you could make some really cool gear. Didn't someone say something about plastic halo-style armor for nerfing? I think something like that would just be awesome.

#9 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:25 PM

EDIT: I realize that you CAN'T buy kevlar, but I am just using it in my example.

Umm, why not? They use it for making gloves 'n stuff...
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

Once I saw this topic on NHQ, and not here, I felt the need to post it.

Consider this (along with grenades) an example of topics best left on other sites.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#11 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 06:20 PM

Sorry fellas, but unless you have a metal tipped dart I don't see the need for "body armor." Play paintball for one day and you'll understand what I mean.

#12 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:31 PM

Umm, why not? They use it for making gloves 'n stuff...

I don't think thats true kevlar, beacuse if they sold kevlar to the public, think of how robberies would go, and stuff. I know because, I saw a show on it, and have reasearched it, and found that the companies that make kevlar won't even say how many sheets of kevlar will stop a bullet, but not be too heavy. If that got out, or kevlar in the mass, the world wouldn't be the same.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#13 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:48 PM

Marching snare drum heads are made of woven kevlar. A lot of aircraft parts are made of kevlar composites. You can buy it by the roll.....

#14 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

The world...It's coming to an end... Because Of Kevlar! ;)
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#15 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

I needed a better way to hold shells........

#16 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:28 PM

boltsniper, it would be cool if you made more magazines and just switced them but that would be unfair because you wouldn't have to reload after each shot.

Edited by navy seal, 15 March 2005 - 04:28 PM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#17 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

boltsniper, it would be cool if you made more magazines and just switced them but that would be unfair because you wouldn't have to reload after each shot.

Yeah it would. And one day I`ll probably do that.......if I can yoink another one of them springs.... But the magazine is big and bulky and I don`t know where I`d carry it.

#18 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

You could probably make an ammo pouch out of duct tape or with your "great" sewing skills, like this:
ammo pouch
I make hosters for my pistols out of duct tape, wire and cardboard. Also what other guns do you use with your clip fed gun?

EDIT;Your ammo holder would be great for the new buzz-bee shotgun when they sell the extra shells.

Edited by navy seal, 15 March 2005 - 05:01 PM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#19 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

my brother has a millitary grade body armor so if i ever need body armor i can just steal that and you cant feel a freaking thing its awesome(even at point blank)
"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#20 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:51 PM

Dood, I' m sorry but this is kindof an old post...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:17 PM

Well since this is Sinfils topic he will back me up with it being old seeing as I am in his clan. Maybe you should get a gas mask like Evan had at your last war. Not only would not feel the welts, but you wouldn't feel anything at the end of the day from dehydration.

About using cardbourd. It just makes the enemy for tempted to use a tack stefan.

US something like sheet metal. Maybe you could sew it into a pair of camos. Oh wait! I have 20 feet of velcro. YAY! I will be making a suit of armor soon.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#22 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

US something like sheet metal. Maybe you could sew it into a pair of camos. Oh wait! I have 20 feet of velcro. YAY! I will be making a suit of armor soon.

Huh?

Oh, right. So you can try and run, and then fall over due to the immense weight of 30lbs of steel stitched to your legs.

I really didn't want to post in this topic, since it's months upon months old; but wow.

Don't post crap like that again.

Nerf armour... Pfft.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#23 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

Thoughts of nerf armor = NO NERF EXPERIENCE

Seriously, though. Paintballs don't even hurt that much. I've been shot point blank by every imaginable nerf gun. They just don't hurt. Wanna deadin the pain? Don't play or wear like a sweatshirt. Jesus

NERF ALREADY!
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users