Airtech 2000 Mod

airtech mod link

9 replies to this topic

#1 ickypootoy

ickypootoy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:56 AM

I am thinking about modding my airtech 2000. Does anyone have a link to a website with good mod instructions for the airtech 2000? :huh:
"GIR: Thats when the giant squirrel showed up.
Zim:GIR!
Host:Let her talk!Can't you see she is upset!Now, don't you mean dib showed up?
GIR:No. The squirrel showed up first. Then dib showed up. Then the squirrel ate dibs greasy head.And then the squirrel flewwwww away." - Invader Zim

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 08:51 PM

You could either follow the instructions on this site for the at3k - the mod is identical really - or you could try this mod which is kind of weak because it wastes 2 barrels.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 ickypootoy

ickypootoy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 03:43 PM

Thanx ;)
"GIR: Thats when the giant squirrel showed up.
Zim:GIR!
Host:Let her talk!Can't you see she is upset!Now, don't you mean dib showed up?
GIR:No. The squirrel showed up first. Then dib showed up. Then the squirrel ate dibs greasy head.And then the squirrel flewwwww away." - Invader Zim

#4 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:31 PM

It's time for some pluggage :D

Foam Fortress UPVC (basically the same as CPVC) Barrels

Edit: This is my second mod, w00t! :(

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 06:09 PM

Nice mod writeup!

Refreshing to see clear instructions and good pictures.

#6 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:28 PM

Just a big question... although it's probably been answered already...

What size of the CPVC is needed? Like... 9/16 is what I always hear for brass but is that ID or OD?
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:40 PM

This is the question with regards to mods really.

What it all boils down to is using whatever fits your darts with tightness appropriate to the gun. Based on the air delivery characteristics of the gun, decide if you want the darts to fit tightly, perfectly, loosely, or some combination of those. Only then should you pick a barrel type that meets your requirements.

For the AT2k, you probably want a fit somewhere between moderately tight and perfect. You definitely don't want a loose fit because the tank isn't all that big and you can't afford to waste any air volume. So take your darts and find out what material fits them properly. Whether it's CPVC, copper, 17/32" brass, 9/16" brass, PETG, whatever - it doesn't matter as long as you get the right fit for your FBR in this particular gun.

Hum. That was a bit of a rant, sorry. Brass is sold by OD but the ID can't be calculated unless you know the brand also. K&S brass is 1/64" wall thickness, Steelworks is 1/32". So for K&S subtract 1/32" and for Steelworks subtract 1/16" and you've got the ID. I always use K&S because it tends to have cleaner ends and is half the weight of Steelworks.

#8 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 03:42 PM

Nice mod writeup!

Refreshing to see clear instructions and good pictures.

Thanks man, I'm just trying to push some good content out there :angry:

Icky, good luck with the mod, let us know what barrels you choose, and what your results are.

#9 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 07:37 PM

Or, you could do my mod, which is located at my site! My mod is basically a mixture of mods that were sent to me by various people in the NIC. So, I combined them.

Anyway, I had good results with it. Here it is.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#10 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 07:59 PM

mrgrinch_nm, what ranges do you get from that?I never like single barreling guns like that since i can get smaller guns that have better range.My supermaxx 500 get over 100 feet, and my airtech 2000 gets 80-95 feet mulit-barreled with brass.One other thing-the airtech 2000 DOES NOT suffer accuracy and distance out of the box since it is the stupid barrel assembly that leaks.The only use I ever found for single barreling a gun was with my pc-at2k integration, and that was only to get a good fit inside. :angry:
Morons With Guns own you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users