Homemades Picture Thread

Photos of Homemade Nerf Guns

1306 replies to this topic

#1276 EocDragon

EocDragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

I've finished a couple of projects since Haven went down and figured I'd post them:

Kf6RAcGh.jpg

This one I've actually had for a few months now, but I recently got the chance to take it out to a war a few weeks ago. Back around Apoc I adapted Ryan and Kane's Pullscrt design to pump-action in an attempt to create a viable 3D printed springer. The design worked, but I was unhappy with a lot of the design choices, so I sat down and redesigned just about every part and this was the result. It's powered by a full [k26] and a good 7" of draw and it shoots nice and hard. 

nHELY8lh.jpg

One of the biggest changes was how I designed the bushing. I found that a solid bushing was imprecise and tended to leak air around the barrel. My new design has both and outer and an inner o-ring to seal the bushing to the body and the barrel. I still want to play a little with the tolerances, but the result is a bushing that provides a decent air seal without any adhesives. 

v7YKCpxh.jpg

The other major design change is the trigger, which is printed in one piece instead of two. I found that this allows the trigger to slot in better straight off the plate. Eventually I plan to design a "cap" that will fit over the end for a more comfortable pull. I also use a more slimmed-down plunger head with an x-ring seal. The x-ring has performed well for me so far, though it's hard to tell just how much extra range I'm really getting with it. 

My RAPAH design would have only been possible with the technical help of NerfoMania, but I don't want to have to rely on him every time I want to build a new homemade, so I've been practicing with these:

a8nwmooh.jpg

This RABAH design uses most of the same parts as the RAPAH design, but with a free-flowing bolt-action prime rather than a pump-action prime. I started by emulating an Aeromech-style pullback and ended up making some design changes for safety reasons. I used a [k25] for priming reasons and they have about 7" of draw, which might be a little too much.

15VA7cHh.jpg

They prime by pulling the bolt back, which in turn pushes on a back plate to pull back the plunger rod. The bolt then returns forward on its own with the help of a return spring, which helps to reduce the chance of face-diddle and looks damn cool if I do say so myself. The prime is a little awkward but will be somewhat familiar to anyone who has used a snapbow or plusbow extensively. I've built two of these things so far and I'm relatively happy with the design; in the future, I plan on designing some kind of bracket to mount a handle or grip to and some way to mount a scope on it for the lulz. They take about 3-4 hours to build once all the parts are printed, which is a fantastic turn-around time for a homemade.

#1277 F1Nerf

F1Nerf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

This is my Snapbow Mk. 5. It has 7" of draw, full compression from the [k26] spring, a foregrip, & wooden parts (stock, clothespin, & handle). The barrel is 16" long, and is attached to an 11.5" hopper clip, good for 9 of my darts. I also have an RSCB for old-school wars, with the same clip size & the same barrel.20151124_115441_zpsnhepcutw.jpg

F1Nerf

#1278 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

eslt_zpsydx18fmg.jpg

Top: ESLT with better stock and intake, and cantilever wye brace

Bottom: Yet-to-be-named floating piston bullpup to dominate the ESLT above it

With a skirt seal and a [k25] at 95% compression, my ears tell me this is rocking around the christmas tree at 220 or so FPS. Beauty is , remove two screws and you can replace the spring with a [k26] and up that FPS by 10-20, as opposed to completely gutting the ESLT to make even minor adjustments.

EDIT: Ya'll like acronyms, let's call it the PCR or PCSR: "Pumpaction Compression-spring Redirect" blaster

20151227_151429_zpsb8djyo03.jpg

With her makeup on. Don't worry, the next one will not use duct tape. One or two minor EDIT: Like twenty changes are being made as we speak for better comfort and ease of use.

Edited by Aeromech, 20 January 2016 - 01:15 AM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#1279 F1Nerf

F1Nerf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

This is my Pumpsnap 3.0 that I made several days ago. It has 7 inches of draw, full compression from the [k26] spring, a clear body (obviously), wood handles (which have been further rounded since I took the picture), and a near perfect seal.Pumpsnap_zpsr2ih3ioo.jpg

F1Nerf

#1280 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

20160124_020340_zps2gfs9rwo.jpg

Pullback

20160124_020425_zpskqhjqv09.jpg

Parasite

20160124_141702_zpsto6blw0q.jpg

Pullback WITH Parasite

Writeup/Abstract here: http://nerfhaven.com...ting-technique/

Watch my shitty videos

#1281 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

This is the weirdest thing ever.

IMG_3157.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

Yes, that is a constant force spring.

Not primed:

IMG_3160.JPG

Primed:

IMG_3161.JPG

Postmortem coming eventually. 

#1282 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

20160318_182502_zpsvqhnptgc.jpg

My attempt at making a new homemade style design based on an ESLT/PCSR style relocated submachinegun catch

20160318_182534_zpsp4qqv9zc.jpg

It is NON-FUNCTIONAL, but it is a failure in the name of progress so I'm cool with it. The Idea was to have an invertible catch (the triangular star-trek-logo-looking cutting board piece near the bottom-rear of the blaster) so the catch could be flipped around (inverted) and used on the other side if one side got worn down, as opposed to having to completely replace the trigger on something like a SNAP. This doesn't work because the slots on the PVC are pushed open by the restoring force of the mainspring when the catch pivots upward. If this was a pure PCSR, there would be no slots so the catch would actually likely work in that case. But, it is what it is and I learned something from it, mainly the actual energy these springs have in them.

Edited by Aeromech, 21 March 2016 - 11:48 AM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1283 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:05 PM

Been hoping post #200 would have been something cool, and I didn't fail. Finally got this build at a functional state over spring break. Been about a year in the making (mostly because no writeup for this exists):

Double_Rainbow_Heroshot.JPG

Standard Rainbow Pump: full [[[[[[k26]]]]]] and 7" draw length. Still not completely finished. Still have to sand parts down, countersink screws for comfort, build a stock plate, rework the trigger and catch, put a spring spacer in, and straighten out the bushing a bit. Still kicks like a fuckin' mule though. This was a very satisfying build on a very cool looking project.

Double_Rainbow_Handle.JPG

The handle is a 1 1/2" PVC Wye/Tee combination. Been using it on every functional homemade I've created. Surprisingly comfortable.

Double_Rainbow_W:_Speedloader.JPG

And who would I be if I didn't use a speedloader only on this thing? Some things never change. Maybe after this semester is over I will finally get around to making a hopper...

Double_Rainbow_W:_+Bow.JPG

Family photo with the NRev +Bow made by Louiec3 WAY back in the day. Both have similar performance too. Couldn't be happier.

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 17 July 2017 - 03:48 PM.

industrial designer

#1284 Foxyfluff Fox

Foxyfluff Fox

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

Mutation pic.jpg

Here is the Chernobyl Blaster. It is a 12 shot, Semi-auto, hopper fed, Hot swapable blaster. It has been built with modular nature in mind, as such the hopper and barrel can be swapped out with a larger diameter one that can utilize Rival ammo. Using the Rival ammo it can either fire single shot or a 5 round shotgun blast. 

Here are a few video links of the blaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0B27tNtilk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiBUsPHMCzg

Edited by Foxyfluff Fox, 03 May 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#1285 Foxyfluff Fox

Foxyfluff Fox

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

For all your earplug shotgun needs here are Quaddammit MKI and my arm cannon. Both use the same reloads can be switched between them with ease. 
Air tool quick disconnects are threaded onto 3/8 PVC tubes to form the reloads/barrel of these blasters. These blasters work best at indoor wars as their ranges are fairly short, but the wide spread of the ear plugs makes it very easy to hit the target once you are in range. 

IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2231.JPG
IMG_2232.JPG
2015-07-11 07.48.44.jpg

Again here is a video to see them in action. 

Enjoy.

#1286 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:49 PM

1_zpspgsfuq06.jpg

3_zpsgrtwd9af.jpg

4_zpsyhqpbuso.jpg

Aesthetics based on the American made M3A1 "Grease Gun" (and perhaps a little FAL too?)

Catch based on the Madsen SMG sear catch, first implemented in homemades by Ryan McNumbers/ MHA

Uses NO McMaster parts! BUT, the front superlative catch printed part can be  flipped to reveal a place to put a skirt seal (which I will probably do).

Originally based on the SNAP Carbine but uses a 3d printed ESLT style of catch nad reciever, but with parts designed to be used on smaller 3d printers, a 6 inch cube print volume can print this! Plus the receiver can be used on other blasters of similar type, maybe different PT lengths for various degrees of energy, so you can have multiple "uppers" that match to one "lower". Nobody's gonna do it, but it makes me happy to design modular things.

smg_zpsexvr8rlh.jpg

Shawty pistol/ SMG version.

Edited by Aeromech, 16 May 2016 - 10:54 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1287 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

Never really posted any of my work but here is everything that i have left, I sold most of it  

Rev shot 

Rev shot .jpg

Top one is a makeitgo M.O with a few changes such as using normal materials and it has been simplified. The bottom one is a scaled down multiple orgazem made to look like Xellahs v2 bullpup

bull pups .png  

A few snaps. From top to bottom there is a pump snap 3.0. tommygun style snap carbine and 2 snapbow mk5s 

Snaps .jpg

The top one is a rainbow pump made to look like dracs blood born. The wood is oak and apple wood that i milled out of a old tree in my backyard, you dont want to know how i stained it. The bottom one is a standard double rainbow 

rainbows .jpg

#1288 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:51 AM

pullback%20carbines_zpsjfujyg6b.jpg

Pullback Carbines

-5 inches of draw

-10" of [k25] in the carbine, 9.5" of [k26] in the pistol

-Omnidirectional catch on the pistol, with special anti-kinking design on the inside. That's right, no more B.S. false catching and spring binding against the catch rod. This baby catches every time.

-The suppressor looking things are adapters for brass single-barrels

-22 inch overall length on the carbine before barrels/adapters/hoppers

Edited by Aeromech, 22 June 2016 - 11:57 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1289 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

It's Looooooooooooong

bow3_009.jpg

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#1290 Justin Andrews

Justin Andrews

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Some pictures of my home made nerf Rival firing muskets in action.
The event is Cry Havoc, a UK historical LARP. (a sort of cross between Re-enactment and LARP)

The ugly chap kneeling down is me. ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• 13615034_1100451546667745_5913110416886191275_n.jpg
  • 13580486_10154114525475041_1253799137812042772_o.jpg
  • 13640747_10154114525555041_4286655725818635038_o.jpg

Edited by Justin Andrews, 10 July 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#1291 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

POPULAR

IMG_20160814_230445900.jpg

#1292 Dia De Los Nerf

Dia De Los Nerf

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:24 AM

Made this Monster-Ass Snap!!! Just for the shits and giggles!!!
image.jpg
It's right next to a snap bow for comparison.

#1293 BlasterforgePH

BlasterforgePH

• FNG-FB 
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

I06zBsx.jpgHFQSr8b.jpg5yRAlsP.jpgZkiDJKp.jpg

UPDATE:

Now using full length brass barrel

Now has stock pad

Edited by BlasterforgePH, 02 December 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#1294 EocDragon

EocDragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

POPULAR

These are basically homemades:

O1UtME8.jpg

So I've been collecting Berserkers for a while because they have that sweet, sweet 4B tank inside. Berserker shells are hot garbage though, so I never did anything with the dozen or so that I have, since I don't want to just chop the front off of the shell and call it a day and I also don't want to spend 6 hours dremeling the fuck out of some other, better shell for each one and every one.

I do have a 3D printer though, so rather than remake all of the files for my springer homemades that I lost when my hard drive crashed last year, I procrastinated and made these instead. They're essentially 3D printed shells specifically for the 2nd Gen Berserker tanks so that I can print them over them the course of a day and then drop the tank in with minimal effort. Everything is mechanically fastened so the whole thing comes apart to maintain the tank or replace broken parts if that happens. 

Ranges are unplugged 2nd Gen 4B ranges. I might eventually make a version for the 1st Gen tanks, but those Berserkers are less common (fun fact, did you know that there are 5 variants with the 2nd Gen tank to the one original variant with the 1st Gen?). For now they're pretty easy to make loaners for wars (it's harder for the kids to break unplugged air blasters).

#1295 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

This is the weirdest thing ever.

Yes, that is a constant force spring.

A constant force spring? Like the ones used in tape measures and such? Nice!

It took me long enough, but I finally made my own +bow.

F7SX5T9IXUQAFY3.MEDIUM.jpg

I've wanted to make one for years, but it never really worked thanks to lack of proper tools and budget. But then we got a 3D printer at work and I got a mandate to figure out how to use it, so...

Still kind of a work-in-progress. I've got more features I'd like to work in, as well as a few parts that still need improvement (like the plunger rod breaking every so often).

And while we're at it:

F42Z9WKIZ6CU7Q1.MEDIUM.jpg

Oh hey there, Sneak Attacker. You're cute, but you're not exactly a homemade bla-

FPP3CQXIZ6CU7QN.MEDIUM.jpg

Wait, what is this?

FIFZ6HCIZ6CU7QX.MEDIUM.jpg

Uh...

FLZWTHSIZ6CU7RC.MEDIUM.jpg

What.

FW3F9CQIZ6CU7RL.MEDIUM.jpg

Are you serious?

(https://cdn.instruct...M9XIZ6CU7SU.stl)

Edited by Hardly Ideal, 24 February 2017 - 01:47 PM.

...are you sure this thing is on?

#1296 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

I didn't think this deserved a new thread yet since its just the first prototype so ill post it on here for now. This is a magfed homamde I have been tinkering with for a little wile. The project started out at a V2 revshot but turned into this. I think it deserves its own name since it shares very little with the revshot. 

Improvements/differences

- one peace grip/magwell

- o ring style breach with a plunger cup similar to a longshot 

- nylon dart gate with feed ramp 

- 1.45" ID plunger tube 

- fixed plunger tube ( opposed to the moving plunger tube/bolt sled the rev shot uses)

- plate catch simular to a +bow 

- .520" ID aluminum barrel 

- internal priming bars

-full [k26] + longshot ish  spring 

20170304_163817.jpg

20170304_183901.jpg

The next version(s) will have the following updates/ changes 

- Stock, trigger and mag release will be printed 

- Printed top rail 

- proper pump grip handle 

- single top slot for prime instead of the normal slot on each side

For anyone that may be interested templates, STL files and drawings for the lathed parts will be available as soon as im happy with the blaster and I know it all works properly 

#1297 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

I've done a couple videos documenting the silly things I do with blowguns.

New Hotness:

Old and busted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYm4DJPNnc

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 18 March 2017 - 04:02 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#1298 EocDragon

EocDragon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

3rd Gen RAH models:

thkexMU.jpg

A little over a year after losing the hard drive with all of my STLs I've finally recreated full part files for both my Pump-action and Bolt-action variants, along with a number of improvements. By mounting the handles externally rather than internally, I can remove the handle easily for maintenance or I can use a traditional PVC bushing, which would have been very difficult with the previous design. I've also made a number of smaller adjustments, going to 4 mounting screws from 2 for additional stability, shortening the trigger for a more comfortable pull, and using a number of lessons from the previous models to build in tolerances to make everything run more smoothly. The Pump-action variant is currently borrowing a slide from an older version until I get a hold of some more 1 1/2" thinwall.

#1299 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

I've had nearly any free time with design work in and out of classes, and a two month study abroad in Ireland, but this is finally done:

Hero_Shot.jpg

Machined PCSR: Created on the instruction and templates of Captain Slug here

Side_view.JPG

Realistically there is still a few more things to do until it's done (permanently securing the elbow into the blaster, making a hopper, improving pump grip, etc) but I couldn't wait to share. Ranges are decent but not stellar. Hopefully the things I still have to complete will improve that.

Trigger_Pulled.JPG

The handle and trigger are as smooth as butter after spending an afternoon beveling and buffing that edge. It is now as comfortable as a blaster with two large pieces of polycarbonate as a handle can be.

IMG_4935.JPG

All in all, not a horrible build at all once the templates were cut and drilled and tapped into. Will definitely be laser cutting them next time. 

Oh, and the trigger pull on this thing is superb. Hats off Slug.

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 17 July 2017 - 03:41 PM.

industrial designer

#1300 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

I'll post this here too, for people who don't read the caliburn thread:

unnamed3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users