Photos of Homemade Nerf Guns

1306 replies to this topic

#1151 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image
Been testing the design for Robo, handle was printed on the lowest possible quality. This iteration is really cool, I must say!

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#1152 stoph

stoph

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

On the subject of 3D printing, this is a custom camera housing I designed for a little 808#16 keychain camera. Has an allowance for a large external battery (think its a PS3 controller battery) and a lens hood that will hold a 120-degree lens. Measures 60mm x 40mm x 20mm (L x W x H). Is printing as we speak, will share the results soon!

Posted Image

#1153 rokushoo

rokushoo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

RSCB blowguns.
Posted Image
This one can hold 7 tagger darts.
Posted Image
The writing on it is Japanese for mantis.
Posted Image
This one has a flip clip and can hold 13 tagger darts.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Both blowguns are just over 4ft long.
Ranges are 70-75ft flat.

Edited by rokushoo, 01 November 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#1154 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

This is my Reverse-Inverse bullpup homemade based off of MIG's Multple Oregasm and andtheherois's oltiple moregasm.
The body is 1.25" PVC that double as the plunger tube.
It has a 1" PVC priming piece with a 1" modified rainbow catch.
I am using a u-cup as the seal which is almost perfect and a [k26].
The length with the barrel (barrel doesn't matter though) is 27.5". I messed up with some measurements and that is why it is so long. My next version of this will be shorter and have a nicer pump grip.
Posted Image
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#1155 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

RainbowPump.

Posted Image

SnapBow, as a loaner.

Posted Image

And lastly, a prototype that I will be war-testing this weekend.

Posted Image
Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#1156 T da B

T da B

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Finally finished my first homemade! It is a modified and shortened RainbowPump that shoots insanely hard. Here are some of the differences between mine and Ryan's original design:
  • 2'' shorter pump and plunger tube
  • 8 1/2'' [k26]
  • 1/4'' thick trigger
  • HDPE handle
  • Modified rear stock (no string stop)
Isn't she a beauty?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Read the full writeup here.
Make it funky.

#1157 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Posted Image
This is my first homemade. It has NoM's plunger head, tube, seal, and catch design. I just minimized everything to make it simple. It has a portion of [k26] that needs to be longer but oh well. I thought It was good for a first homemade. It doesn't shoot very hard or far.
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

#1158 Alchemus

Alchemus

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yay my first homemade(sorta). Whatever. It's a H.A.M.P. Rather than using yarn I used some of that foam you use to insulate pipe with.
I call it THE FESTIVE HAMP
Posted Image
Now I would like for you to participate in the most important provision. Number 452, the 5 hour story telling party.

#1159 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

Parts will be sold on a nerfhaven near you!
Posted Image
Before any calibrations:
Posted Image

Please message me if you have something particular in mind that you want me to print.

#1160 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't think I ever got around to posting this, but here is the VenoMaxx V2 I finsihed for ACNerfshop back in September. I'll be getting back to work on both advancing the VenoMaxx 5000 design below and making a prototype of the VenoMaxx 500 (a homemade blaster based on the SuperMaxx 500).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1161 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Printed out more parts and other things for the printer. I have a couple airsoft foregrips that slide on Nerf rails printing as I type. If you want anything pictured or something in mind, PM me.
Posted Image
I just need to print the legs for the lego man.
Posted Image
Minecraft creeper printing.(Yes, that Solidoodle logo is printed)
Posted Image

Edited by snickers, 15 December 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#1162 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

My rainbowpump:
Posted Image
Thanks to quertyman for the writeup and answering all of my questions!

My rainbowpistol:
Posted Image
Writeup may be coming soon...(unless that offends anybody)

EDIT: I can commission these if someone really wants one. PM me

Edited by Sam-underscore, 15 December 2013 - 09:39 PM.

You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#1163 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

Getting there......
Posted Image

#1164 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Posted Image

5K tanks are finally happening, for those of you who asked for them long, long ago. If you've asked me for one in the past, the price I quoted at the time is still valid. For any new orders, they will be $80 + shipping, because they're looking to be a royal pain in the ass to make.

Posted Image

That's 3' of 2" diameter round stock. I've got enough 5K tank stock to make far more tanks than have been ordered, but I don't have the time to make all of them before I go back to school.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#1165 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

This is my second standard snap: Posted Image

Here is a close up on the handle and trigger: Unfortunately I put some scratches on the wood. I had mounted the handle too close, but I didn't want to drill two new holes, so instead I put the felt pads.
Posted Image

Internals: Posted Image
When I opened it up it seemed like Orange Mod Works silicon grease was eating my ramp.

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

#1166 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

So I did some stuff in the last few days.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Started on the first 5K tank. My lathe threw and ruined the back cap when I was working on the last step of it, so I decided to quit for the night and haven't had a chance to work on it since.

Posted Image

I got to set up a brand new Haas TM-1P today at the community college that I worked at for the past few summers and christened it with a maximizer bar for NoM, since I managed to leave his in my dorm room when I left for break. It still needs to be cleaned up a bit on the wire wheel, but it turned out pretty nice.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#1167 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I know I'm bring this back but I was working on this when Double Rainbows were still popular. This is my Double Rainbow PAC. LDPE handle and barrel/Plungertube spacers, 1.5' bow arms on each side, Tee+45 elbow stock, 7.5" of draw, 1/2" PEX tube with nested wooden dowel rod plunger rod, Tee pumpgrip, Skirt seal. Hits suppa hard and is super smooth and easy draw due to the bow string being placed all the in the back of the blaster.

Posted Image
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#1168 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

Just a little something I threw together in SolidWorks because I'm waiting for the die casting quote for the 2K tanks...

This is an "afterburner" as people have been calling it. It's got the same size flywheels and spacing as a Stryfe, but with 280 sized motors (way more torque). The motors are custom-spec'd at 25,000 RPM and 12V, though I'd like to see about getting even faster ones. The idea is to have something that someone with absolutely no experience can attach to any N-strike blaster that has the quarter-turn muzzle for accessories. It's got a built in battery tray for 4 AA-sized cells (ideally trustfires or something with a ~3V nominal cell voltage).

It's designed to be 3D printed for now, but I'm going to try to take it further and have it manufactured overseas if there's enough interest, since it seems like the kind of thing that could be incredibly useful for HvZ and other wars that only allow stock darts and/or lightly modded blasters. The CAD is mostly complete, and is just missing the channels for routing the wires, a switch mount, and caps for the back ends of the motors. After I build a prototype of it, I'm going to make a different model that's optimized for injection molding and take it to a company that I found that does low-MOQ molding. I'll probably start a Kickstarter for it at that point, since I obviously can't fund it on my own, and I'd like it to reach as broad of an audience as possible.

Youtube

#1169 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Some stuff I've been working on.

New pumpbow (mine) to Left, and Dragonbow (Mangonerf's) to the right.
Posted Image

Better view of my new pumpbow. All internal cuts have been removed from this blaster, making it that less irritating to build. The stock has been lowered to accommodate for a mounting block. The catch plates, side plates, and trigger have been modified for the PB grip. The catch is omnidirectional using a technique I'll do a write up on soon.
Posted Image

Commission double rainbow for KBK
Posted Image

I'm stll doing commissions, albeit slowly.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#1170 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

Snap Carbine MK3.

Close up of the blaster
Posted Image

Write up coming soon!

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

#1171 Plopper

Plopper

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

And to think I said that there wont be anymore things I had to fix on my snapbow... There was..
Posted Image
I had to make a new plunger rod and handle for my snap, cuz the old rod and handle were fucked up and trash.Posted Image
Here is the new plunger rod compaired to the old one.
Posted Image
The Tee on the old PR was broken a while ago, I did the stupid thing and epoxied it to the rod and screwed it in. I tried to get the tee off, but failed, so I had to build a new one.
Posted Image
Also added some foam around this screw cuz whenever I gripped the blaster, the screw digs into my hand. Its A LOT more comfortable now.
Now it works like a fucking beast as always and has a 100% seal. Still works, Imod! Thanks again for it!
Also, time to make a snap of my own... ;)

Edited by Plopper, 09 March 2014 - 05:25 PM.

The picture says all. I am the wise man.

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

My Blog
-plopper

#1172 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

Been working on this for a few days. The prototype is finally done. Looks a bit ugly and the barrel may not be the ideal length, but I'll address it all on v1.1

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1173 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

Posted Image

I updated the LpL model so it's MUCH stronger now. The sideplates are a single piece of bent sheet metal that includes a brace at the front to take most of the load off of the front screws and distribute it more evenly through the plates. The rear block also takes advantage of the pockets in the plates and has a series of bosses that engage the pockets to improve the overall strength of the design. The sideplates are now .063" thick 5052-H32 aluminum, and will be either waterjet or plasma cut, and then bent on a brake.

I added two ribs in the catch pocket to lift the catch plate off of the surface and minimize the sliding friction. That should help reduce the trigger pull.

Youtube

#1174 He Who Mods

He Who Mods

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

My double snapbow, write-up here.

#1175 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My first homemade. In tactical pink. Red dot sight was an experiment, might throw a riser on there as well. Damn good air seal too.

Edited by Aeromech, 22 October 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users