polycarb

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

My +bow with integrated 3k.
Posted Image
A closeup on the 3k.
Posted Image

I have templates.  This is still a work in progress.
I posted this over at NerfHQ too.

#453 Vengeful Waffle

Vengeful Waffle

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

My +bow, Made by Draconis, Sideplates by louiec3. It's been through a year of nerf, and oodles of wars.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I'm a runner, and I like to run.

[18:46] <+Famine> With the cock ring coming out the back of it?

#454 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

#62-65

Posted Image

Posted Image

#455 ModSquad

ModSquad

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

Not really a gun but, here it is.
I present to you the SCATTER SHELL.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Roger Ten Niner, we got a rainbow four klicks out. I'm casting the rod."
"Roger Squad Leader. Sending in back up."
"Roger Ten Niner. We have a confirmed bite. I repeat, a confirmed bite"
"Good job boys, lets real it in and go home"

#456 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

Mad plusbow parts. If you look closely you can see that there is something different for a few guns in this batch.... Muahaha.

#457 Airsoftguy777

Airsoftguy777

Do not buy/sell with this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image

Mad plusbow parts. If you look closely you can see that there is something different for a few guns in this batch.... Muahaha.

Do I spy different handles? Those look comfortable as hell.
Nerf in Texas? Join us. <a href="http://texasnerf.lefora.com/" target="_blank">http://texasnerf.lefora.com/</a>

#458 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

Posted ImageMad plusbow parts. If you look closely you can see that there is something different for a few guns in this batch.... Muahaha.

Do I spy different handles? Those look comfortable as hell.

And the single-piece +bow side plate in right front and a more heavily curved trigger, which have frankly been done before, but the front middle piece seems to have rails (although dangerously close to the edge for 1/8" thick polycarb imo, and I have more than some experience with trying very similar things) which makes me think pump action +bow. We'll see how it goes I s'pose. I'll edit in the 4 new homemades from this weekend soon enough I guess. I'll just put them in a new post, since this is already onto the next page.

Edited by Split, 29 June 2010 - 10:03 PM.

Teehee.

#459 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

And the single-piece +bow side plate in right front and a more heavily curved trigger, which have frankly been done before, but the front middle piece seems to have rails (although dangerously close to the edge for 1/8" thick polycarb imo, and I have more than some experience with trying very similar things) which makes me think pump action +bow. We'll see how it goes I s'pose. I'll edit in the 4 new homemades from this weekend soon enough I guess.

Yeah I'm going to have to change the rails in the next version, that one is way to close to the edge. It is the top actually so it won't be too hard. And yes it is pump action. I don't know where you are getting a curved trigger from, but that is a good idea. Thanks. Haha. If you have any more suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

#460 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

Lathes are awesome.

Made myself the most comfortable foregrip ever, and it uses 1/2" PVC connectors rather than airsoft rails.
Posted Image
Posted Image

OH MAH GOD WHAT COULD IT BE?
Posted Image

P.s. fuck CAD and printing templates. Ruler+compass+scanner (maybe a dash of calipers and protractor) is way faster/easier.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 23 June 2010 - 03:01 AM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#461 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Proof that an adequate +bow can be made with a dremel and a drill.

Also, weird magnet attachment system for the speed loader.

Dude, that's great. Where'd you get the polycarb?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#462 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

Dude, that's great. Where'd you get the polycarb?

Go to your hardware store and look for Lexan.

ZOMG I FINALLY ENCODED A VIDEO ... hoorary for manual muxing because no competent free video editor works with whatever proprietary shit my camera encodes in...

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 23 June 2010 - 03:57 AM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#463 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

Zorn would lathe a dildo for his guns.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#464 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

I forfeit.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

RTP is RIP.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#465 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hey lucian, I'll buy that scrap off you for shipping, :D.

Accompanied by the internal setup of a failed +bow/PAS hybrid

Posted Image

Edited by CaliforniaPants, 24 June 2010 - 10:09 PM.

trans as shit because fuck you

#466 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Making its debut at SPANO tomorrow:

Posted Image

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 21 February 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#467 melbourneSTORM4eva

melbourneSTORM4eva

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

Homemade Nite Finder Plunger tube and Plunger rod head.

Posted Image

This one is too messy.

I'm working on a better one now, but double the size...*Wink Wink*

-MS4E
Looking for a 2k tank & pump, to ship to Australia please.

Youtube

#468 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

I've been away for a while due to shool and finals and well, life. Anyway, I am now back in full function and as of late have been on something of a homemade tear. Here's what I mean:

Posted Image
Did a little work on My L+L CS.
It now sports one of Split's alternate plunger heads, a wood handle, sanded polycarbonate frame, longer portion of a [k26], and a front iron sight to compliment the back one, which has been modified a tad too. It has an airtight seal using the o-ring method thought up by CaliforniaPants. She is extremely comfortable to hold, semi diffcicult to prime, and fucks shit up when it comes to ranges.
Other pics:

Posted Image
catch mechanism

Posted Image
front iron sight

Next up is old fathful; my +bow. It has undergone many changes and tweaks; the latest of which are:

Posted Image
alternate plunger head

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
homemade foregrip

The foregrip is not glamorous or pretty by any means but I like it. it adds stability to the gun in my opinion. She'll soon have a wood handle and stock peice.

Edited by Whisper101, 28 June 2010 - 12:29 PM.

#469 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

-ABOVE POST CONTINUED-
Now for the newbie:

Posted Image
She's a +bow wiht modified side plates to allow for a free sliding PVC half round fore grip. Why? Well that would be telling! She is still a WIP but here are some more pics:

Posted Image
wood handle

Posted Image
and stock

Posted Image
closeup of the slide

Now for the latest additions to the collection:
Posted Image
a nice pair of L+Ls

Posted Image
L+L 1 (on the left in the group shot above)

Posted Image
And L+L 2 (on the right)

Posted Image
catch

Posted Image
iron sight

Posted Image
padded plunger head

The two L+Ls are virtually the same save a few small differences. #1 is made primarily of grey tinted polycarbonate while #2 is primarily clear. Also, #1 has a bit more sanding on the handle area, making it a bit more comfortable. They are both for sale...

Sorry for the sub par pics...

#470 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael Cera Approved!

Edited by Gears, 28 June 2010 - 07:21 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#471 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

Just finished up two more contract Plusbows. These are the best I've made yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lucian's:

Posted Image

misfitz':

Posted Image

Hopper clips are da shitz.

Edited by Lt. Stefan, 02 July 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#472 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

I finally finished modding my Snap Crossbow(originally made by Loueic3). Before, it was next to impossible to take apart and maintain, but now I took care of that and gave it a sexy e-tape "paintjob".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That vent hole is there on purpose so that it can fire bb stefans and slugs without them spiraling out of control. Plus it sounds cool when it shoots now.

Edited by Mehku, 30 June 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#473 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

Made an L+L CS.

Posted Image

I varied a little from the original design and I just want to point out those changes.

It has a curved handle, which is extremely comfortable by the way, as well as curved side plates. It makes it look a lot smoother IMO.

Posted Image

The handle is also reinforced with a standoff by the finger rest. It makes it much more solid. Those two modifications are also on the plusbows I make.

Instead of rubber bands, I used part # 94135K17.

Posted Image

Also the trigger design and catch plate were changed to allow for a square plunger rod and also to make them fit easier with the other parts.

Last but not least, the plunger tube. I was tired of spending $4 per plunger head for a skirt seal so I tried to find an alternative. I succeeded.

Posted Image

This is part # 9307K81. It is called a rubber grommet and I find it better than a skirt seal for a couple of reasons.

A pack of 25 of those is $8.44 whereas the skirt seal is $4.38 each. Obviously you would only use the grommets if you were building more than two guns, but the cost benefit is very good.

Also they seal just as well if not better. It has two sealing surfaces and can easily be adjusted by tightening the washer holding it down. The whole head is really simple too. I used a 1" washer, a grommet, and a 1.25" washer held together with a 3/4" screw.

Posted Image

It has minimal friction as well and the little groove there can be filled with lube so it slides easier. Finally, it takes up less space than the ring seal which gives you about another 3/8 to 1/2" of plunger travel. Obviously they can be used on +Bows as well.

Posted Image

Since they come in a larger variety of sizes than the skirt things, they can be used on virtually any gun too. I'll be experimenting with different sizes as I use them on more guns.

P.S. It is for sale by the way.

#474 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

The RX-78 Bow
Posted Image
On obviously gundam inspired paintjob that was finished a couple months ago. The +bow itself was built a year ago with only a cordless drill, a dremel, and a jigsaw held upsidedown between my legs.

Not enough people use the integration holes, so I decided to change that.
Posted Image
Homemade sheet metal brackets hold each gun on, with a pair of screwdrivers to make it ghetto-fabulous. It also makes it easy to remove mid round if you want to rock just one gun of the pair.
Posted Image
I've got a few guns set up to use this way, but the Lightning Blitz is by far my favorite.

trans as shit because fuck you

#475 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Introducing Char's Red +bow, its 3 times faster and shoots 3 times farther than a normal +bow! Kidding aside, I love the Paintjob.
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users