Homemades Picture Thread

Photos of Homemade Nerf Guns

1306 replies to this topic

#426 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

My first homebrew blaster, the Snap-41A.

Posted Image

A few odds and ends to add onto it (such as a magazine), but the core unit is done.
Fugly is a feature.

#427 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

Here's FANG prototype 3. I made this much in mid-March and said very little about it publicly. A number of you have already seen this. What is shown is not complete, however, this prototype has served its purpose very well and I will not develop it further.

I had originally intended to finish it so that the Firefly turret is advanced with each trigger pull, but I recently decided to redesign the gun substantially to reduce length and weight to improve maneuverability (among other things). The same basic layout will be used in FANG prototype 4 with shorter barrels, a smaller air reservoir, stronger construction, and a number of new features like a pump.

Posted Image

A high-resolution photo is available here.

Presently I do not intend for FANG 4 to have an automatically advanced turret as I'd like to focus more on my other ideas as well as compare good manually advanced turrets against automatically advanced onces in reliability, ease of operation, and RoF. Manually advanced turrets are easier to make and their RoF may be very acceptable for most Nerf wars.

Edited by Doom, 05 June 2010 - 09:06 AM.

#428 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Worked on my +bow. Planned on doing something about the spring/plunger rod setup but we didn't have the right springs. No big deal.

Posted Image

New stock plate (still eight inch, Zorn got to the quarter inch first, but made proper use of it). I machined pool noodle to be mad styles comfy.

Posted Image

Super colors!

Posted Image

Edited by Ice Nine, 05 June 2010 - 01:23 PM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#429 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Worked on my not-a-+bow.
Posted Image

Molded 1/8" PVC back plate mounted on pieces of 1/4" for support. Inspired by JLego's +bow and Hipponater's work on Beaver's +bow.
Posted Image

Screwed on an actual cheek plate.
Posted Image

Plasti-dip handle
Posted Image

Suboptimal!
Posted Image

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 05 June 2010 - 06:44 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#430 firesflame4

firesflame4

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

I know Split hated making this at the end, but I'm very happy with how this turned out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Talio @ Sep 7 2010, 5:35PM
If no one is interested no one is interested. Think of it like this...say you take your dick out in front of a girl and she's not interested in it. It doesn't help to smack her in the face again with it 7 days later.

#431 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

As fun as HAMP's are, they are a pain in the ass to transport, and mobility becomes an issue if you are not in a wide open space. I have an answer to this:
Posted Image

I call it the Mini Mega HAMP.
Only 2 feet long (back to barrel tip).
Shoot's 2-3 dart at a time.
20 shot hopper clip (it's as long as the HAMP).
Petg nested in red Pex.
Plunger tube is 3" PVC.
Homemade wye.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#432 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

A new style Tornadobow, and the write-up is here at the Revolution.

#433 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image

Youtube
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#434 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Helical Hopper Clip

Posted Image

To operate, you have to blow on the check valve coming off the clip. The clip is merely a segment of FlexPVC (buy here) attached to a coupler leading to a small length of clear PVC. As you blow into the check valve, darts feed into the small piece of clear PVC.

Posted Image

The only drawback is that it's possible to blow too many darts through the clip and out the barrel. I might try to fix this problem, or learn to deal with it and not blow too hard. It's incredibly easy to get darts to feed through this stuff.

Edited by Ryan201821, 14 June 2010 - 12:07 AM.

#435 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

That is both crazy and awesome at the same time Ryan. The check valve at the end is an awesome idea, and of course allows you to easily load a few darts at a time while you move, wiithout having to remove and end cap, turn a ball valve, or otherwise affect your ability to fire when you need to. How many darts (and at what length) are you getting to fit in the loops?

Since you say it is very easy to blow the darts through, would it be possible/practical to add another loop or two? What I'm thinking here is that if you can get enough darts in there to last a whole round (at least with semi-conservatiive shooting) there would be less reloading time - which I know isn't exactly your favorite aspect of hoppes/HAMPs. It would probably start to require a bit of support for the feeder as more flexpvc would start to add additional weight, but it might be worth the extra bulk. Just a thought.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#436 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

I thought I might add that flex pvc can be bought in lesser quantities for those who cannot afford at 50' roll here.

Is it because your barrel is so loose that you're having a problem with blowing darts out of the barrel? Would a small ring of lesser diameter brass (like a 1/2" stub of 17/32" stuck in a PETG barrel) possibly solve this problem? I know hamps will fire fine with a tight barrel, they just fire much better with a loose barrel (my hamp had a spinger fit for quite a while).
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#437 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

That is both crazy and awesome at the same time Ryan. The check valve at the end is an awesome idea, and of course allows you to easily load a few darts at a time while you move, wiithout having to remove and end cap, turn a ball valve, or otherwise affect your ability to fire when you need to. How many darts (and at what length) are you getting to fit in the loops?

Since you say it is very easy to blow the darts through, would it be possible/practical to add another loop or two? What I'm thinking here is that if you can get enough darts in there to last a whole round (at least with semi-conservatiive shooting) there would be less reloading time - which I know isn't exactly your favorite aspect of hoppes/HAMPs. It would probably start to require a bit of support for the feeder as more flexpvc would start to add additional weight, but it might be worth the extra bulk. Just a thought.

The clip is roughly 7-8' long from eye-balling it. I haven't actually measured the clip at all, but I can get roughly 60-70 darts in the clip. I want to experiment with this stuff a bit more and figure out the maximum length I can effectively use before my lungs can't get darts to feed anymore. From seeing how easy it was to feed darts through this smaller segment, makes me think I can at least double it.

Wes:

FlexPVC also sells their product by the foot; I just linked to 50' rolls.
As for the problem, yes that is the reason. I have to do more testing with it to see how easy it is to blow darts out the barrel. I've only tested and fired this a few times. If it ends up being a problem, I might just try using some magnets to fix my problem.

Edited by Ryan201821, 15 June 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#438 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

The clip is roughly 7-8' long from eye-balling it. I haven't actually measured the clip at all, but I can get roughly 60-70 darts in the clip.

Wow, that is already an impressive number of darts. Loops are deceptive, it doesn't look nearly that long in the pic. If you doubled that (120-140 darts), I think you could easily spend a whole round without reloading. I hereby declare that you are always on my team if you are wielding a blaster with this form of clip... :D
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#439 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

I know your using a hamp, but is there any really significant range decrease (like 20-30 feet) by using such an absurdly large hopper clip? Either way, that thing looks like it can kick major ass in any war,
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

#440 ricochet

ricochet

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

Heres just a quick glance at my upcoming homemade.
Posted Image
Slide Forward
Posted Image
Slide Back
Posted Image
Magazine

In summary, it is a slide action, magazine fed (5 darts), side arm. It is still awaiting a paint job and bondo in some areas.

#441 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Helical Hopper Clip

To operate, you have to blow on the check valve coming off the clip. The clip is merely a segment of FlexPVC (buy here) attached to a coupler leading to a small length of clear PVC. As you blow into the check valve, darts feed into the small piece of clear PVC.

The only drawback is that it's possible to blow too many darts through the clip and out the barrel. I might try to fix this problem, or learn to deal with it and not blow too hard. It's incredibly easy to get darts to feed through this stuff.

Ryan, try buying some vinyl tubing, put talc on the inside to remove the sticky-ness, and cut section, plugging one end with a rubber stopper. You can make a pretty flexible magazine/hopper out of that. I took about 2 feet of vinyl tubing and was able to make a hopper that I can bend and zip tie back onto my HAMP. Shit's awesome.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#442 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#443 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ricochet, did you design that after Boltsniper's sidearm?

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=6888&hl=

#444 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Ryan, that is one good looking plusbow. Very clean.

Not being sarcastic either.

#445 ricochet

ricochet

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Part of it yes, same bolt system is used, the rest is my own design.

#446 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

I really like your inprovements, mind showing more about how you did the magazine for it?

#447 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Proof that an adequate +bow can be made with a dremel and a drill.

Also, weird magnet attachment system for the speed loader.

#448 ricochet

ricochet

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

I really like your inprovements, mind showing more about how you did the magazine for it?

In due time, once I finish the paint job I will post a topic on it. I'll be sure to include internal pics as well.

#449 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:03 AM

Fail use of two hard drive magnets. You could have made a rig for holding your guns a la Mass Effect 2.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#450 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

Snap-bows!

My favorite is the pistol one just because.

Posted Image

Two of them have anti cheek diddle handles. You can slide the tee forward after pulling it back.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users