They're Getting Worse.

But why?

12 replies to this topic

#1 chores55

chores55

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:34 PM

In the past few years I've noticed a lot of changes in the quality of our blasters. It makes me wonder if on some guns we're just wasting money. For instance: after the airtech line came out the guns have been really capped up. the air tech line seemed to be a turning point for nerf.

After the mods came out for the ats and they becme better liked, the N-strike line comes. All te guns friggin messed up! All except the Titan. but at point-blank range it'll paralize you so it's banned from most wars.(especially indoor wars. The brady's would have broken all the vases with it!)

When Nerf heard that all the guns suck to the community they started doing remakes of other lines for the n-strike. Now the have a nf and sspb instead of the sting ray or some thing. I don't know what it's called.

And now the mareric has come to stores across the nation. An along with that excitement is disapointment. Most can only get 40' [modded]. So what about the next line? Will it be worse? If any people in a high position at nerf are out there What the hell are you thinking?!? ;)

Chores55
5 year olds use squirt guns, but nooooo, we NERF!

"We got both kinds; country and western."~ The Blues Brothers

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:47 PM

What the hell? It's a pistol for christ sakes! What do you want crossbow ranges? You get six shots, pretty much semi auto for nerf standards at 40 feet, what the hell is the problem?

Please stop bitching and work on making the guns not suck. Unless you plan on contributing to the crappy situation, don't complain.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:09 PM

I'd like to remind you that these are children's toys that we nerdly types are modifying for increased performance.

They were never intended to deliver welts, nor break things. We modify them, despite what the product warnings say to the contrary. We are fully aware of this and take full responsibility for our actions if we hurt someone/ ourselves.

If you feel you are wasting your money, and want more power, go to paintball or airsoft.

I personally love the challenge of taking sucky blasters and maximizing their performance. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be nerfing with my kids.

And for some reason, I could give a rip about the Maverick. Maybe it's because of all the hype. I still like my air powered blasters.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 chores55

chores55

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:24 PM

I don't think the guns suck! Heck mine gets like 67'! All that I mean is look at the forums called lemons and maveric mod and you'll see people who I'm speaking for. nerf guns are on the decline but that's just my opinion.

ps I shun airsofters and paint ballers from my clan! ;)
5 year olds use squirt guns, but nooooo, we NERF!

"We got both kinds; country and western."~ The Blues Brothers

#5 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:43 PM

Your last comment doesn't even make sense, didn't you just say it gets like 40f ft.?
And why are you commenting about discriminating against paintballers and airsofters?
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#6 parmaster320

parmaster320

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:49 PM

Hey chores, how come every time you mention your modded Maverick, you always have a different range on it? First it was 75', then 70', and now it's down to 67'. I don't understand; plus you mention how Mavericks only get 40'. What makes yours so great that you can almost double that range?

#7 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:17 PM

What the hell?  It's a pistol for christ sakes!  What do you want crossbow ranges?  You get six shots, pretty much semi auto for nerf standards at 40 feet, what the hell is the problem?

Please stop bitching and work on making the guns not suck.  Unless you plan on contributing to the crappy situation, don't complain.

And you also get a slide that breaks if you cock it with any sort of speed, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the only point of having a semiauto blaster.

And as for contributing: do you want him to go work at Hasbro and design them? He isn't saying mods suck, he's saying the potential of the newer blasters is lower, and it's true.

Edited by okto, 03 March 2005 - 07:15 PM.

#8 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:43 PM

He isn't saying mods suck, he's saying the potential of the newer blasters is lower, and it's true.

And I think Talio is saying that everyone knows, there's nothing we can do about it--aside from continuing with what we've been doing for years--,and there's no use bitching about it.

In fact, go ahead and look at what's been available over the years. Sure the crossbow and the EAB were good guns, as well as a few of the other early blasters, but the Max Force and Cyber Strike lines were mostly crap. Usable guns didn't really start coming out again untill the Supermax line. The only thing that made the much older guns better was the greater air volume used because the Nerf Arrow was the ammo type of the day. Even now, we've got modable pistols everywhere, the maxx shot is still available in some places, the Airtech is either still available in it's origonal incarnation or being rereleased at stores near you, and the N-strike line isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I think there are probably a few good guns left before the Nerf line of toys bites the dust, and by then everyone will have a boltsniper anyway.

Edited by Langley, 03 March 2005 - 07:11 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#9 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:47 PM

The titan, of the most recent line has gotten the farthest ranges of any nerf gun.
The nitefinder, pretty recent, is the best pisol in a long time, judging by footage and size and comfort.
The mavrick, the newest gun, has the fastes RoF(exclueding autos) in a while.

Getting worst, or better?

I think the cyber-line-thing was the worst line so far, in terms of most crappy guns per line.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:51 PM

Also, what the hell are you complaining about in the Hornet? If my 6th barrel didn't have this misterious leak, which was probably my fault, I'd be using it as a possible primary. And that's saying alot considering I have an AT3k.

~ompa

#11 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:14 PM

I know (most of the time) Saying you got a lemon is just a nOOb's excuse for their poor modding skillz, but I do think I got a lemon hornet. No joke.I got about 15-20ft stock, 20-23foot restrictors moved, then 25-30 BRASSED. I eventually took the brass out to use on other guns as I saw it wasnt even worth it with this gun. And I normally have pretty good modding capability.

(EDIT: and also, no offence, Im still sorta newbish myself, but I doubt youv been on the nerfing scene "for the past few years".)

Edited by last_man_standin_, 03 March 2005 - 09:05 PM.

Black Masks & Gasoline

#12 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

70 out of a maverick? Im interested to know how you modded it...nothing nuclear or radioactive, I hope? He probobally put frosted flakes in the barrel, and since Tony the Tiger supercharged them...Well, those ranges are only to be expected.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no other way.

Chores, dont exaggerate. take my word on it. You cant get 85 feet out of tech targets, and you cant get 70 with a maverick. Save yourself the frustration of people bitching towards you, some advice.

THIRST
ko

#13 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:31 PM

To add to what Thirst said:
Chores, get a tape measure. No more estimating. Also make sure the blaster is level when you shoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users