Photo

What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

which guns do you use?

69 replies to this topic

#1 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:09 PM

I searched and found no results and I was wondering what guns do all of you guys use in an actual war? I use my NF-at2k integration with a quad barreled at2k as a back up. So what do you guys like to use?

#2 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:17 PM

Really, It depends on the war, and the mood i'm in. In an indoor war, Id use my rf2o with my nf as a backup. outdoor, It's whatever I'm in the mood to do, but maybe my sm1500 (soon as I fix the damn thing)with a nested brass 2k as my backup, and my brassed nf for last resort.

(p.s. nf/2k integrations RULE!)
Black Masks & Gasoline

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:21 PM

I'm a big fan of the classic duo. Crossbow and lnl. I'm not all that big on side arms because I think it can make you sloppy. I'd rather play really percise rather then abuse the fact that I have an extra shot. I carry one occasionally, but not that often.

I have two crossbows, one with no barrel mod and one with a pvc barrel. The "Legacy bow" I use when I'm just trying to enjoy myself. It's more fun because it actually mimics a nerf gun rather then an air rifle. Not to mention the handicap can really improve your game. The other one I use when I'm trying to stay competitive. It's definetely the better gun shooting wise. Fun to wield, a decent shot and can really do some damage.

None of my lnl's have barrel replacements. Only usually use them during pistol rounds, and they pretty much serve me well. Pistol rounds are nice because I can get within shooting range with them and still be able to dodge a shot from another more heavily modified gun. Having these just aids me in the fact that I'd rather outplay my opponent then outgun him.

The more powerful weapons I have are a cpvc nitefinder, which ironically shoots better then the legacy bow, and a brassed quad barrel 2k, which is easily the nicest and most precise weapon I own. I can clean up pretty well with it, but it's cheap. It is nice if I'm having a rough day, or not feeling real well, I can rely a little more on the shot and save some energy. What's nice about both of these guns is that if I play at my normal level and more worry about outplaying the opponent then outgunning, it's pretty much flawless. Which is why I don't like it.

Nerf yourselves,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:27 PM

It aint for me, But I definately respect your old-school style. I should try it just to improve my game! :cry:
Black Masks & Gasoline

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:04 PM

Hey, good thread. It's been done once or twice but I'm sure the results will be different for many people.

My standard load is a PETG AT3k with no sidearm.

My alternate load is akimbo EaB and SSII with no holster.

I'm hoping to get one of my xbows ready for Armageddon this year so I can give that a try. I might pair a NF or SSII with it if I can rig a decent holster for a change. If not, no biggie, that's what teams are for.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

Although I've unfortunately never been involved in a nerf war, the gun that has pleased me the most in regards to mobility, accuracy, and ROF was my AT3k. So I'd probably have an AT3k with my SSII as a sidearm- with bands I'm getting 60' including a bit of skip from each side, and that works for me.

Sorry if you didn't want theoretical combinations in the thread, let me know if I was wrong to post it.

~ompa

#7 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

ompa, thats just fine. Oh, and I forgot. When im felling like I want to put the hurt on I the most powerful gun I own call the thing. Its a titan with a NF on it, and it has the internals on a at2k integrated on to it. Keep them coming!

#8 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

When I'm nerfing (and I don't have to share my guns), I'll use:

Normally:
RF20 primary, Tek 10 secondary, Tek 6 sidearm, SSPB backup
or
Hornet primary, AT2K secondary, Tek 10 secondary, no sidearms, no backups.

If I'm going in light:
no primary, Tek 10 secondary, tek 6 sidearm
or
RF20 primary, no secondary, no sidearm, Twin Tek backup

If I just want to blow the shit out of everything:
Rf20 primary, Hornet primary, Tek 10 secondary, AT2K secondary, Tek 6 sidearm, no backups.
or
Razorbeast primary, Tek 10 secondary, Tek 6 sidearm, Twin Tek backup.

(all this doesn't hamper my movement much, since I don't move that fast to begin with.)

if I have to share my guns, well, I'm unhappy.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#9 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:39 PM

I'd have to say my single barreled At2k and 'Banded Sharpshooter 2. That thing never gets old. ^_^
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#10 Sohei

Sohei

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:17 PM

I've only duked it out with my uncle, but I always use my Maverick.
You see a sword
and smell murder.

I see a sword
and see the extension of a soul.

You see a sword
I see a code.

You see a sword
I see a spirit.

#11 parmaster320

parmaster320

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:02 PM

Like ompa I've never been in a real outdoor war before. I just have crazy indoor wars in my friend's basement, but they can get pretty intense. If I was going to a war I'd probably take my single-barreled sm1500, with my banded NF as a sidearm (I use the sticky darts that come with the Buzzbee guns), and my crayola'd SSPB as a back-up.

#12 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

More often than not, I'm out in the field with my MaxShot, but I think I'm ready to go back to the crossbow and will probably buy one soon. Hopefully a new one will be better than my last crossbow. ^_^ When we do pistol wars, I duke it out with a Nite Finder more often than not.

I'm not a big fan of side arms. I'd much rather stick with one gun, since I'm an uncoordinated bastard. I'm rather thankful that the majority of the people I play with don't use side arms either, because then I'd have to rely on accuracy (that's not a good thing).
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#13 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:25 PM

I use an AT3k w/ a stock as my primary and I holster an NF, though I rarely use it.

If its a seige war where they dont want overly powerful airguns, I switch my primary over to a Max Shot, for it has served me well in the past. I still maintain the NF, though again, it rarely sees action outside of pistol wars.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#14 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:53 PM

I use an AT3k w/ a stock as my primary ... If it's a seige war where they dont want overly powerful airguns, I switch my primary over to a Max Shot

Your 3k gets better range than your Max Shot? I need your 3k mojo next time I'm modding...
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:08 PM

I just need to get a 3k...again...

Those few times I skirmish nowadays, it's been pretty much dads vs. kids (my brother-in-law and myself vs. 4-6 kids depending on the turnout), so we're pretty much down to using Nite Finders and Scouts while we get pelted by Titan missles, Hornets, an EaB and a MaxShot, as well as the customary NiteFinders, Tech Target guns, and First Shots.

Our mode of play has changed too...to a semi-indoor type environment (one of our boarding facilities; a long hallway with 10 individual doorways; kind of cat and mouse, if you will.)

When more mature (and pain-resistant) guests come over, I get to bring out my Sawtooth/ SM 1500/ SS2 combo. Two potent air-powered shots in a comfy shell. But that's soon to change...the shell that is. But I sure miss my AT 3000s. I've always favored air-powered over springers...perhaps it's because they're the first real Nerf blasters that I modified.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

I usually use dual pistols, one NF and one AT2K. The NF is painted, so it intimidates most people more than the AT2K. Sometimes I'll carry my LBB too.
SexD Warves

#17 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

I grab two nitefinders and call it a day. I have a lot to choose from though, a few max shots, a 1500, blast bazooka, an EAB, but over all the nitefinders are the most fun to use.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#18 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:06 PM

Usually I tote a Max Shot w/a Mav or an N-Strike with a MAV or an NF attached.

#19 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:56 PM

Wow, I actually enjoyed reading this thread.

ompa and I have yet to war (sadly enough) but I've been practicing with my old-school version sm1500, which I'll probably use solo or with a NiteFinder. If I can finally get my hands on an at3k, I might practice that one up, and I know that I'd like those 2 extra shots rather than an extra 10-15 feet, but I just like the look/feel of the sm1500.

Damnit, we need a war! But nobody cept us is stupid enough to live in Wisconsin...

AA

Talio, you rock.
Indiana '11

#20 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

Powerclips were my style until the tubes started leaking. ^_^

I use an at3k and nf, and I'm in the process of making an Sm1500 with the R.S.C.B. barrel system and a maverick being modded.
Morons With Guns own you.

#21 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:35 PM

I use dual At2ks with my maverick and pocket blaster as backups. The Dual At2ks work well because i can reload one while I can still shoot the other just in case.
New Breed

#22 chores55

chores55

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:42 PM

I have some small wars with 2 to 4 people in my basement and i agree that it gets intense but im itching for an outdoor war that im planning this march. I usually my trusty At2k along with a maveric or a night finder. sometimes my brother and I spend a day buying modding and blowing the crap out of each other. (Thats my kind of a weekend ^_^ ).
5 year olds use squirt guns, but nooooo, we NERF!

"We got both kinds; country and western."~ The Blues Brothers

#23 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:46 PM

In the past I've always used My Sneakshot/ at2k integration, or Lil' ABner, my RF20/SS2 integration, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. The sneakshot2k gives a good springer shot wuith a quick reload as well as a long-range backup shot. Lil' Abner gives me teh ability to run around spraying foam or sit back and pick people off. In the last war I was in both of those guns broke So I ended up using my 4-barreled PETG's at2k, which worked out well for me.

However, I got an xbow for xmas, and may bust that baby out in teh next war to see what I can do.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#24 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:27 AM

I am always changing what i use but for right now i'd say my maxshot revolver or an AT2K (CPVC or PETG). I hate using more than one gun because your hands get full (and keeping sidearms in my pockets doesn't work for me). I prefer to have one free hand at all times for reloading/picking up darts.
Sup?

#25 parmaster320

parmaster320

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:19 AM

(AirApache @ Feb 26 2005, 07:56 PM)

Damnit, we need a war! But nobody cept us is stupid enough to live in Wisconsin...

Hey AA I'm in Wisconsin too. I can't be but 10-15 miles from ompa. You guys aren't the only ones in this crazy cheese state.

Edited by parmaster320, 27 February 2005 - 01:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users