Flash Concept - Lcd Manager

Paintball Style

6 replies to this topic

#1 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:00 AM

This is similar to the paintball devices you see every now and then. I originally planned to build one of these myself as i had all the resources at hand, including the knowledge with electricians as family, but i dumped the project because i realised i really lacked the local nerfing means.

I've made this animation on Tidge's request, because he is going to implement this onto his latest uber homemade, so it was more in his interest than mine. Excuse the roughness of the animation, i made it in around an hour. Painful stuff.

Access here.

I don't know entirely what he wants to gain from this topic, but i guess you should all discuss the possibilty of the implementation of my design, as opposed to his more mechanical sided one, and the benefits [and wanker-factor] of having this attached to your gun.

Go forth. Discuss!
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#2 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:03 AM

Very... ambishous...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#3 Grumschnitz

Grumschnitz

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:25 AM

Ambitious to say the least. The concept is thouroughly awesome, however I really must query its actual usefullness in a real nerfing situation. Perhaps someone with a tad more experience than me could venture an opinion?
Deus ex Anthropos

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:19 AM

The LCD screen being only part of the ambitiousness. First you'd have to make a Nerf gun to justify this sort of diagnostic readout. Seems like it would be automatic with a sensitive regulator on the pressure release, as well as having a perfect clip system. Then you'd have to wire and program all that shit. It just seems like too much work for what would be just as effective with an analog pressure gauge, watchful eyes on how many darts you have left, and a wet finger held aloft. ;)
"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:29 AM

Points taken entirely, but I think what I and Tidge are both hoping for is the evolution of nerf homemades and the way in which we use them. Something I rushed out of the animation was that the screen would also calculate the number of shots remaining and the averaged range that the user could possibly obtain at the current psi.

e.g. 3 Shots - 14 PSI Each - 53.5 ft.

But, I will be entirely honest, when I first contemplated the idea mid last year, the only reason I wanted to build it was to replicate the OICW and other hi-tech combat gear, experience the functionality, and to impress. Basically, it's all to impress. A lot of this shit is bling, it can all be done mechanically im sure, but, the consolidated viewing of these is much easier. Compare this to the image of the Nintendo DS that someone created with one screen/gauge for health, another for level, and so on and so forth. Its just the collective display of data.

Wiring and programming shouldn't be overly challenging, Tidge says he has an awesome program for the scripting side, as well as both of us having mates more than willing to pitch in with the wiring and physical aspects of the project.

Yeah. Stuff.

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:34 AM

I've got a better idea. Spend the time you plan on spending making this thing, and Nerf instead. That way you save an assload of time and also realize that it's completely unwarranted to have an LCD screen on any kind of gun. A. You're talking about a serious purchase B. Unless you guys know something about microprocessing, you're pretty much SOL cause you're going to need the computing devices to make something like that work C. It's a dumb idea.

Really, Nerf sometime all you'll get the point.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:43 AM

Whatever you say wet blanket.

For those who care, this is Tidge's new project, not mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users