College!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:20 PM

I have been accepted to Stevens Institute of Technology! (I applied early decision, so I know I'm going there) Located in Hoboken, NJ, I no longer have an excuse to miss wars. Also, anyone from CT who wants to attend a NJ war, I can house you, come next fall. I plan to major in engineering physics.
I should get a good bunch of money, especially considering I was recently the only person in my school to qualify for the nationals of the American Math Contest.
Either way, expect to see me at NJ wars more often.
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:24 PM

Good to hear...we'll be sure to throw something together for you next fall. In the meantime if you want to make a road trip, see the active March war topic, and there is always Apoc.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:41 PM

Jlego, 'grats. I was like 5 points from qualifying for the AIME (thing after AMC) from the AMC 10 this year. I think I scored a 115.
Tyranny Response Team

#4 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:53 PM

...I no longer have an excuse to miss wars...I plan to major in engineering physics....

You will realize the humour of those words in time.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#5 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:58 PM

As do all engineering majors.... I plan to major in electrical engineering. What is your engineering degree, Zero?

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#6 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:55 PM

As do all engineering majors.... I plan to major in electrical engineering. What is your engineering degree, Zero?

~Vintage

You think Engineering is tough, try fulfilling all the requirements for an engineering degree AND a political science degree.

#7 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:29 AM

At the same time? That's insane if you are. But then I also know a guy who is fulfilling four different bachelor degrees in a total of six years.
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:17 AM

No, you want to hear insane? Get a job.

Sorry, I'm doing alot of computer engineering in school which requires me to know both Mechanical and Electrical engineering, only to pull it all together in 4 classes to make it relevant to computers. If you're having trouble with it, give up. Work is 40 times harder then college and if you don't have any free time it's your own fault.

Seriously, try work 40 hours and then pulling an 11 credit school schedule at the same time. All that and I can still manage my time to Nerf on the weekends. You guys gotta realize the only thing you're really in school to do is prove you can learn really fast and to form an effective thought. Other then that, it's all fluff. Not saying you shouldn't get your degree in engineering and you won't learn some useful stuff, but don't sweat it, college is a fucking breeze compared to actually having to live and keep the bills paid. Trust it from a guy who just started. It's all uphill from here gents.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:46 AM

The Master has spoken.

/GONG!/
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:59 AM

As if there was any question that I'm an elitest bastard.

#11 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:25 PM

The Master has spoken. 

/GONG!/

But wait....then get married and have a couple of kids!

/SHATTER!/

Seriously...congratulations to jlego and all those who are not only aspiring to go to college, but doing something about it. For those who are in colleges right now and are getting all your support from home...study hard and do all you can, because like Tally said, once you're on your own, you've got no support. You work your tail off (studying, or at a job), give up most of your free time, and budget what little money you have left after living expenses for all the toys and crap you boast about on these boards (iPods, big screen TVs, etc.).

You guys gotta realize the only thing you're really in school to do is prove you can learn really fast and to form an effective thought...college is a fucking breeze compared to actually having to live and keep the bills paid...it's all uphill from here gents.

Talio has found the theory of growing up...you don't work hard, you don't eat.
You don't study hard and get good grades, you're out of college. Then you have to work hard anyway.

It's never too late to go to college. I'm working on finishing my undergrad degree...even working 70 hours a week, and raising a family. It can be done!

I'm happy I've gotten involved in a hobby that's full of educated degenerates. I feel right at home.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#12 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:37 PM

Piney you're an inspiration. I wish we saw more of your wit and greatness in some of the newer members but I think you are one of a kind. We love you here and I particularly have always been quite fond of you. :P

As for Jlego living in New Jersey soon, I'll treat you to some solid partying and Nerfing if you want a good Jersey hazing! Hehe. Just kidding. College and Nerf is a damn good mix though.

I'm sure we'll work out some good wars with you in attendance bud.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#13 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:47 PM

I graduated from VT with a Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering along with a minor in Electrical Engineering and Math. People thought I was crazy for geting an electrical minor. Needless to say there are not many classes that carry over between AE and EE. The Math minor is pretty much useless but after all the math required for engineering there were only like 2 more classes needed for the minor.

I'm getting ready to complete my Masters in Mechanical, so that should about round me out for the engineering fields......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users