Photo

Help On Xbow

4 replies to this topic

#1 faine

faine

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:29 PM

which size and caliber spring do i buy from ace hardware to replace the stock spring? (in the xbow of course)

Edited by faine, 23 February 2005 - 06:30 PM.

#2 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:51 PM

The one that fits. Seriously, did you not think to take the stock spring and compare it to the ones there?

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

I wouldn't put in a larger spring because the stress points behind the plunger are really weak. Try giving it a spring stretch, cook it if you need to. If that doesn't do it for you, get some mini Bungies. And remember, there's nothing like good old making it up, thats what most of us do, so don't expect to have every detailed drawn out for you. Practice makes perfect.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 faine

faine

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:18 PM

i know that i get the one that fits. and talio i have put bungees on it and it still sucks evryone says the xbow is the greatest loser and in there mods they say they did a spring replacement. all i need to know is what spring they got. if you got one online please post the url + the previous info. i havent asked this yet because i thought i could figure it out. but i forfitt and am consulting the experts.

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:30 PM

I wouldn't put in a larger spring because the stress points behind the plunger are really weak.  Try giving it a spring stretch, cook it if you need to.  If that doesn't do it for you, get some mini Bungies.  And remember, there's nothing like good old making it up, thats what most of us do, so don't expect to have every detailed drawn out for you.  Practice makes perfect.

Talio.

amen.

Faine, as a writer an thorough disillusioner of many x-bow mod seekers - i found out after i wrote my mod that there is no good replacement spring for the x-bow that you can find in any standard hardware store. I've never found one in 3 years of looking both in real- and cyber-space. don't replace the spring - don't even think about it. if you are getting shitty performance, the only thing i can point you to that Talio hasn't mentioned is barrel/dart size. The x-bow needs a long barrel, with a relatively constricting piece on the gun end. look at my mod on this site for a great barrel. I have nerfed with no one with a better x-bow barrel system than mine*

done.

*neonerfer's x-bow rocks mine anyday, but his barrel system is the same. He also uses a very strong bungee - which i would recommend to anyone. bungees are good.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users