Rf20 Regulators

help please.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:58 PM

I have the shells of an AT1K, !T2K, AT2K, and a TTG. Since I haven't really dabbled into teh field of creatig homeade NERF weaponry, and have a love for full auto's, I thought that I would make a clip-fed RF20 regulated homeade.

I got the regulators off of my friend's RF20. But I have a problem. I haven't cut the vinyl yet, and have plenty more tubing, buthow do you make teh airtank and regulators work together. I want to ditch the inflating bladder and make a ©PVC airtank, but is that possible? I want to make it soon, and need help with teh airtank. Any suggestions?

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:00 PM

Its possible to switch the bladder with PVC, except..why? No point, at all. Just get 1 or 2 extra bladders, rig em together, and you've got tons of extra shots, without it being heavy, big, and have less shot psi of the airtank.

THIRST
ko

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:37 PM

I think your real challange would be to make a homemade constant air system. I've been thinking about it alot, but really don't have much of an idea. I'd check out the soaker boards and find out if they figured it out.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:50 PM

Its possible to switch the bladder with PVC, except..why?

*snip*

THIRST

My frined lost the containment case thing, so all I have is the bladder. I'll have to hollow out the innards to make it fit and not explode. I need an alternate airtank, or a bunch of really big diameter PVC. Thanks, though. I'll try the supersoaker boards, Talio.

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#5 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

Another prob. is make sure ALL the pieces fit.
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#6 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts
  • State:Texas
  • u/btrettel on Reddit

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:35 PM

I'd check out the soaker boards and find out if they figured it out.

Thanks for the suggestion, though I'd just read a few articles, recent posts and the links in them.

Buying Latex Rubber Tubing will teach you more than reading a few articles. After reading a bit on LRT, I'd just skip right to part where you buy it and then make a few experiments. LRT is essentially the same stuff in the CPS water guns and RF20. I was the first in years to buy this stuff for water guns, and I learned about all I know about it just from messing around.

If you've got more questions, I'd suggest joining our forum or emailing me (I need more for another Mailbag feature). Also be sure to read our rules. Some say we are strict, though in my opinion, when we go as far to provide you with a spell check I do expect you to spell correctly!

#7 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:47 PM

I got the regulators off of my friend's RF20.

*snip*

buthow do you make teh airtank and regulators work together.

*snip*

~Sinfil

I assume by "regulators" you are referring to the valve used for the selective fire of the RF20, because besides that, there are no "regulators" on the gun.

as for a PVC airtank, well,

the bladder was used to provide constant pressure to the firing mechanism, if you were to use a pvc, or other solid-walled airtank, You'd have the pressure start strong and drop off quickly.

however, if you used something like regulated Co2, you'd be better off.

These might suit your needs if you decide to go to Co2

as for clip feeding your RF20, unless you're doing a standard turret mod, it'll be next to impossible to clip feed it.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users