Photo

Splitfire Problem

4 replies to this topic

#1 Whatitis

Whatitis

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:44 PM

My splitfire stopped firing out of the right barrel, but the left barrel still fires the normal distance. What happened to my right barrel?
What?! No! I sell propane!

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

Is there a tube leading to each barrel that the air goes through? If so, there could be a hole in one of the tubes. I don't know much about the Splitfire, that is all I can tell you. If this has already been fixed or answered, please accept my apology. This topic isn't too old, is it?
SexD Warves

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

Monkey, if you've never seen the inside of a SplitFire why are you posting in this thread? Please answer this for me, I'm really curious.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

Sounds like the seal valve has blown. The barrels are seperate self contained firing mechanisms, think of them as two at2k's straped together linked to one pump. The main difference between the at2k and the sf is that a 2k seals air pressure between the end of the pump and the exit end of the valve. In a Sf the valve has seal built into it where the air enters and exits. Since the valves are independent one can fail while the other continues to function.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

Monkey, if you've never seen the inside of a SplitFire why are you posting in this thread? Please answer this for me, I'm really curious.

Sorry, I just assumed that if it was a pump gun, it would have tubes leading to the barrels. Just trying to be helpful. No one answered him, so I thought I would at least try to help him.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users