Photo

Best Feeling In Nerf

22 replies to this topic

#1 Whatitis

Whatitis

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

I was just wondering, what do you think is the best feeling in nerf, capping a guy from 70 feet away, ambushing with an automatic or outsmarting the enemy with a diversion? Although I've only been able to truly do it twice, I think losing someone really sends them to their lowest point. What are your ideas?
What?! No! I sell propane!

#2 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:08 PM

Best part of nerf is easily pulling off an amazing dodge... by far. The feeling you get when some dude's rushing you with and you pull a jumping somersault or some crap like that over the dart.

The greatest one I can remember from my own personal experience was when I was picking guys off in a seige type war from one of those wooden playsets and a guy had a 4-barreled xbow and jumped up on the railing to shoot me from about 2 ft. away. I turned around just in time and kicked the front of his gun, making iit fire straight in the air and he fell off the ralning too, then I just pegged him in the head <_< It was sweet.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#3 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:32 PM

I love it when I am hding and the kid is just walking and then BAM! I shoot them square in the cest and the turn around and walk away dissapointed that they didnt even get to get a shot off. Also rushing up with a fast shooting gun is great to.
New Breed

#4 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:57 AM

I agree with something like that.
the most enjoyable moment in nerf for me is when I get a clean shot at someone at a decent distance, early in the game when they havent even discharged a single shot

#5 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:28 AM

The most exciting time I ever had in a nerf war was my Birthday last year. I had bought all my friends nightfinders, and to make it fair, I was using one too. We were down the block, playing CTF, and I was attacking their base which was my friends treehouse. Two Members of the opposite team came out of the slide and started shooting at me. I dove into a roll and dodged one stefan,then jumped into another roll twords the both of them. The other one got off a shot but I was still about twenty feet away and he missed. I started sprinting twords the both of them and shot one right in the forehead with a stefan, and he was out, then I rolled behind a bush, dodging another shot. Righ about then one of my teammates snuck up on the guy while I was distracting him with a firefight, and shot him in the back. He grabbed the flag and ran back to our base, without anone even trying to stop us.For some reason I was so happy, that had to be the best feeling in nerf. <_<
Black Masks & Gasoline

#6 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:55 AM

A really awesome dodge.....or a headshot from and insane distance.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#7 nerfcrusader

nerfcrusader

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

It wasn't even the best thing ive done. But, my friend, my brother and I were in our first nerf war in my basement. I peeked out of my "loser" spot and shot my friend right in the forehead, thats when I knew, hey, this is a pretty fetchin' sweet game. That was definately my best moment.

Edited by nerfcrusader, 05 March 2005 - 09:47 AM.

Drummer and songwriter of Governor

#8 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

Well, I'm not an experienced nerf player, but I play a crapload of paintball and airsoft and have since high-school. My shining moment was at the big paintball scenario game DDay (about 3k people each year), and it was my job to get the attention of an entire enemy platoon, and then run like crazy through the forest so they would chase me through a gauntlet of hidden special forces. I did it, and the whole time enemy paint was flying through the air around me, hitting trees, skipping along the ground. I eventually found a little cliff that made a makeshift bunker for me and jumped behind it, checked myself for paint, and I had amazingly made it through without getting tagged. They called me "rabbit" after that.

#9 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

I was haveing a 1 on 1 war with my cousin and he shot with a bna and i did a roll on the ground and I dodged it a leaped up with a pistol and shot him square in the chest from 30 feet away.

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

I have played in only 50-100 small wars, but my best moment, probably, was in my friend's basement. We were having a two on two war, and I had "Piggy" on my team. I had a Laser Fang with a Crayola barrel and one of our opponents was peeking between three or four pillows and there was about a three second window to shoot. I jumped up, didn't even aim and nailed him right between the eyes (with a stock dart, of course). He fell back and then "Piggy" finished him off.
SexD Warves

#11 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

I would say that just getting out and nerfing probably the best feeling that I have. Perhaps you guys don't realize, but as you get older, you don't have as much time to nerf as you used to. When I was like 15/16 the LCM nerfed 3 times a month during school, and more than that in the summer. Now, I cherish the 5-6 Nerf Wars I can get to in a given year. I should really start a Nerf Club at VT or something.

Grant it, kicking ass everybody's ass is nice, but that's seldom with me :( .
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:27 PM

I love being outnumbered and just routing the opponent. That's always rather thrilling. That and the irrational fear that one can wield after a particularly good battle or two. Making people flee is very amuing.

VACC

#13 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:11 PM

I love being outnumbered and just routing the opponent. That's always rather thrilling. That and the irrational fear that one can wield after a particularly good battle or two. Making people flee is very amuing.

VACC

Hell yea, Vacc. We've been pretty good at that haven't we?

My selection however... is a series of dodges. An amazing dodge is cool, but several in a row is far more tremendous; and demands respect from anyone who witnesses it.

Right Hersh? :( You love my dodges. All of them.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#14 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

Close-range headshots that stop people in there tracks due to the pain.
~Halfling

#15 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:45 PM

Sick bastard.
Indiana '11

#16 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

...That reminds me of when I got shot in the mouth and busted my lip...I have a scare from that...
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#17 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

My favorite was blocking two darts in a row with a foam sword.

Don't ask me how (I don't have ths lightest clue how I did it either, and I'll never be able to pull it off again...)

Needless to day, I smacked my two opponents quite promptly thereafter.

It was just like the Star Wars Episode I opening battle, with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan deflecting all those blaster bolts, then slicing through all the battle droids. Schweet...

But I must admit, hitting someone in the head in the first two minutes of a war, making them have to sit out the rest of the round, from 50+ feet, is always a kick...
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#18 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

Well I nerf indoors, and one time after I passed a room my friend crept out of the doorway and held his 2k at my head and was like "I got you now bitch." Then I pulled off some weird Jet Li move, spun around, deflected his arm so he shot to the left of me, and then pelted him straight in the chest. That felt great, and to this day I have never stopped making fun of him. :P
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#19 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:31 PM

Probably the best feeling is when an enemy is hidng behind something, and you take an estimated angled shot. Then, you see them pop up with a " :P " expression on their face. Fuuunn...

Edited by Arcanis, 05 March 2005 - 10:31 PM.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#20 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:11 AM

EVIL is right, I couldn't hit him with an RF20 from 4 ft away. That being said, two things make wars incredible to me. The first is getting a shot on someone you probaly never would. That especially means shooting them from a distance when they don't see you, or even better, hitting them as they are dodging. Secondly, my favorite are the flankings and sneak attacks. Who remembers my infamous APOC 1 incidnet with my powerclip on the bridge?

Actually, the real best part of Nerfing is the friggin fun we have. Find me another activity that you can have this much fun, outside of dodgeball, for I submit you cannot.
I hate you.

#21 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:44 AM

The thrill I really relish in is stealthing people, getting in the middle of their lines and just wreaking havoc. It's so rewarding. That, and pulling off some close call dodges by freakishly rearranging my body like some contortionist hopped up on speed in a John Woo flick.

The best feeling ever though, I would have to say, is just picking up a gun, and Nerfing with a few of your best buds. You can't beat that.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#22 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:59 AM

Best feeling? Chasing someone until they run out of ammo, letting them beg, and then capping them in the thigh for being stupid. It's pretty funny when it happens to yourself too.

My best memory is still standing off to the side watching Mike get sack diddled by 15 of Jeeves' RF20 darts all within 2 seconds. I swear I haven't laughed as hard as that since. I still think there might be some damage down there too.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#23 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

Long time no walkie-talkie, everybody.
Anyway, I had a pretty damn awesome moment yesterday. My property is pretty huge, with a bunch of rocks and stuff, so a few of my friends and I were playing large-scale CTF. The first moment was when I went all the way around my property, snuck behind and shot the guy the guy defending the flag (his bruised rectum is proof), then ran back to base. It took 5 minutes for them to realize the flag had been captured. =P
The second moment in the next round was far more awesome, though. I had the flag again and was running back to base. My friend on the opposing team was chasing me with a Luger NF (mine =/) He shot once, and somehow he missed me. All I had was my modified Super Soaker XP70 (my loser rifle), and I was holding the flag with one hand. I turned around and started strafing him so he couldn't shoot me. He threw down the Luger (I kicked him later for that) and whipped out his Splitfire. Right as he did, I capped him in the shoulder with my rifle.
A few seconds later his teammate came up behind me, shot me, and returned the flag to their base.
...Yeah.
But despite the ending, it just felt kinda cool nailing him while strafing and holding the gun with one hand.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users