Good times, noodle salad.

69 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:41 PM

Alright guys I'd like to Nerf March 20th.

I know that starts Hershes spring break, and that includes Evil as well. Don't know what Shinny's schedule looks like, but let me know whats up. I'm going to see if I can get a few of the younger guys around the state to come along.

As far as location, I'm thinking Tindall, Mill Creek, Winding or if we're really feeling ballsy, we can go up to the Horseman Deal park.

I'm going to post this over in HQ cause alot of the new guys in Jersey can't get in because of the lock out. So what are we feeling?

I'm going to run this Horsemen rules, so no guns that warrant eye protection. Yes, that means brassed 2k's and other super micro shooters are out of the question. Also, I list the Titan under my banned list for wars I run, Horseman rules or otherwise. The regulars are ok cause I know almost everyone is using PVC with Mega's. For the newer guys, general rule of thumb, if it's more powerful then Freds 1500, it's not going onto the field. Thats pretty much how I'll be judging it. Twins, leave that bitch cannon of your's at home and use an actual Nerf gun.

I'm not nearly going to run this as rigidly as other wars where I have come close to physical violence, it's going to be a relaxed ordeal and we'll play what works.

Any suggestions on location would be good, cause I pretty much don't care.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:43 PM

I'm home for the window of March 5 - March 11 because of travel. Have fun guys.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:46 PM

Awww, No brass 2k's? Damn... Ill have to see what my schedule is like.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

13th-19th is my spring break, but I have to check my bro's wedding schedule. If I can be sure I can make it for that weekend, I'll be happy to host at Tindall, and maybe even drag Left Nut and co. down for it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

I want everyone to be claer that this date is non negotiable. If there is two people there, we will be nerfing the 20th.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

I'll have to check with my buddy and see if we can make it.

As for blasters:

Are you saying absolutely no micro firing blasters, or just nothing super powerfull? I'm not sure if you remember my CPVC SplitFires or not, but would those be allowed? I would be fine with megas except the fact that the 5/8" fbr around here doesnt really fit our 1/2"pvc or sch-80 too well. I will have to go out and double check again, I can always PVC an AT2K.

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

Ok, I'll explain more.

Basically, if your gun requires eye wear to wield, it's out. I'll judge things on a gun to gun basis. Bring a pictol with you just in case.

You may use micro firing weapons, as long as it fits this criteria. I garantee you'll be fine with a pistol, most of the LCM use those anyway.

Talio.

#8 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

I'm an asshole, apologies.

Edited by Suave, 16 February 2005 - 11:51 PM.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:45 PM

And who would know better?

The idea is we're trying to keep things simple and casual. We'll have alot of first timers, I want to level the playing field a bit so we're more concerned with getting these guys to come back and enjoy themselves then doing well.

Besides, pistols are fun and if you need any more power, you're really not that good of a nerfer in the first place, so just come have a good time.

Talio.

#10 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:40 PM

Yes, that means brassed 2k's and other super micro shooters are out of the question. Also, I list the Titan under my banned list for wars I run, Horseman rules or otherwise. The regulars are ok cause I know almost everyone is using PVC with Mega's. For the newer guys, general rule of thumb, if it's more powerful then Freds 1500, it's not going onto the field. Thats pretty much how I'll be judging it. Twins, leave that bitch cannon of your's at home and use an actual Nerf gun.

There goes 99% of the philly guys guns...........

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

Mac, go pick up nite finders. They cost 6 bucks. I assure you, it will still be fun. You know what really amazes me, this never really becomes an issue once you get to the wars, because you end up doing pistols most of the time anyway.

All up in your grill,

Talio.

#12 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

I want everyone to be claer that this date is non negotiable. If there is two people there, we will be nerfing the 20th.

Talio.

Hehe, I'll be there.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:41 PM

Ladie and gentlemen, we have a nerf war. Evil, worst case, we get sloshed and play drunken Halo 2.

Talio.

#14 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

Ladie and gentlemen, we have a nerf war. Evil, worst case, we get sloshed and play drunken Halo 2.

Talio.

I don't care if its a two man Nerf war, cocktails or no cocktails. Wholesome fun is wholesome fun.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#15 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:55 PM

MAC, have no fear I can probably outfit your entire clan and still have shit left over. I dunno how much time I will have to work on stuff between now and then, so if anyone needs ammo, let me know ASAP. Also, if Rambo's coming, do you still wanna do the Xbow thing?
I hate you.

#16 caffeine

caffeine

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:53 AM

Ladie and gentlemen, we have a nerf war.  Evil, worst case, we get sloshed and play drunken Halo 2.

Talio.

Getting sloshed and playing Halo 2...... That's a weekly activity for us Illinois guys.
Wholesome fun, no doubt.
Unfortunately, ALL of my guns have been fitted with 1/2" PETG.
I'm not about to start sawing off barrels.
Is Fred using micros w/ the 1500? If so, how about a 750? Pump has NOT been plugged; I only achieve stock pressure w/ this one.
Worst case... I could pick up a NF.
And yes, I'm willing to travel.

-Caffeine-
.:Trading Forum:.

Let's do business.
---------------------

#17 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:32 AM

You said you were in Illinos? That's a hell of a drive.

Let me clarify something, you may use micro's. However, if the gun shoots better then a pvc (not cpvc) 1500 it's out. Maybe I won't use the rules all day, but trust me, it's more fun and challanging when there isn't a weapon gap.

Talio.

#18 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:38 PM

For even further clarification, Fred's sm1500 has a pvc barrel mod set up for Mega Stefans. We've rangetested it several times, with widely varying results, but if I conpensate for dart skip, a slight arc, and a tendency to hold it higher off the ground when range testing......
90-100' maximum range (i.e. where the dart impacts the ground when the gun is held perfectly flat at shoulder hight.)
55-70' maximum effective range (i.e. the max distance at which a human target could be hit without factoring in incredible luck)

I'll bring it to compare ranges to if Fred doesn't show.

Edited by Langley, 18 February 2005 - 07:39 PM.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#19 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

So....

Who's hosting the "How can Fred puss out of (incert name of war) War" betting pool this time. I call getting kicked in the head by the horse of a royal canadian mounted policeman (cause that's the most likely thing I could come up with off the top of my head).

Also, to everyone in attendance, don't forget I will be able to lend you something to play with for the day. I have plenty of "blasters" to arm everyone.

Edited by One Man Clan, 18 February 2005 - 08:27 PM.

I hate you.

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, seriously guys, don't be concerned about the gun part, it's not that big of a deal.

So unless there's any real arguement, sounds like we're having it at Tindall. Figure we're do a regular 11am start time. Have lunch around 1. Play till about 4. We'll probably do Guiness hill seige (one team in the parking lot, other team gets 5 minutes to position themselves on the hill), warm up rounds on the obsticale course (in which I'm going to enforce the no wall climb rule. Not only was it gay, there's also a sign on it that says you're not supposed to be up there anyhow.), pistol rounds on the court regular death match or arena (Three people in the arena from each team, 4 darts plus one in the barrel for each player, darts can be picked up, if you die in the arena, your body stays there, you may tap out of the arena to let someone else from your team in) and probably some straight death matches with the entire park open (always quite Effeminate, or gay depending on how much the other team runs away.) What do you guys think of the free for all tenis court pistol matches? I wasn't a big fan really.

So there's the setup, we'll be doing 3 15 all day unless we feel like having a longer round and we'll pop it up to 4 20. I'm not really looking to have a strenuous day, just something light so we can have some good fun and try to shake off the winter hibernation. I'm looking forward to it.

Talio.

#21 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:29 AM

just out of curiosity, would a short-barrel (3.5") CPVC 2K be banned?
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#22 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:47 AM

Never seen one shot, so I don't know. Bring it along and I'll take a look at it.

Talio.

#23 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:08 PM

Could I get directions to Tindall, from, say the Garden state plaza? Ive never been to that park.

Also, I hope someones bringin a truckfull of megas, 'cuz im about out of em.

Edited by last_man_standin_, 19 February 2005 - 01:13 PM.

Black Masks & Gasoline

#24 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:26 PM

Never seen one shot, so I don't know. Bring it along and I'll take a look at it.

Talio.

Well, I can't come, My spring break doesn't start until, I think the 25th or something. I was just curious.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#25 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:30 PM

I'll put directions up tonight.

On tennis courts- The only reason we could play on the tennis courts is because it was pouring rain. The tennis courts are usually full on the weekend, especially a saturday.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users