Photo

Double Posting

2 replies to this topic

#1 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:08 PM

As some may know, I am knew to the forum. I am a noob, but I am trying to not act like your usual gay noob and bother you all (I have read enough to know that you hate that).
However, in order for me to not do something, I have to know what that something is. That something is double posting.
What dictates double posting? If I want to say thanks, or tell someone I used their mod and it works, am I allowed to?
I had figured double posting was bringing up the exact same topic twice, however, it says that you shouldn't bump the post for no reason.

Thank you very much,
I am sorry for the trouble :ph34r:
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:11 PM

Double posting is posting something 2 times in a row in the same topic. Don't do that, just edit your first post.

What dictates double posting? If I want to say thanks, or tell someone I used their mod and it works, am I allowed to?

Try to only do it if the mod was recent.

I had figured double posting was bringing up the exact same topic twice, however, it says that you shouldn't bump the post for no reason.

If you have a question regarding an old mod, just bring back the old topic, it's fine. Just don't bring it up and say, "OMG this mod is awesome!".

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 15 February 2005 - 09:14 PM.

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:13 PM

Double posting is posting directly after yourself, instead of editing the post before. This usually demonstrates that you aren't thinking all too clearly, and that you have no remorse for post whoring.

Double posting, triple posting, and quadruple posting is usually just very annoying, and take up space on a page, where you could just compress it all into one post.

Posting after yourself, after say, a week or two as an update is usually regarded as a non-offensive practice.

Edit: See, I used the EDIT button to add to my post.

Edited by Black Wrath, 15 February 2005 - 09:15 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users