Is it good

6 replies to this topic

#1 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

Does anyone have the Maverick?

I was looking around and I spotted that on eBay. It seems relatively new, but it is not in stores anymore. Any ways, it looks awesome. The revolver thing is really hitting home for my tastes, yet, does anyone know how it performs? Ans how would you mod something like that? I don't think you could make your own PVC clip(thingy). Could you possible put brass directly in there?
If it is good, that would be sweet *drools*
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:54 PM

Here's a mod for the maverick right on the site- search around a bit before asking.

Anyways, a brass barrel mod IS possible, I've done it. However, at least for me, the power leaves much to be desired. If you and your friend have a good amount of experiance modding, for a large power increase, try integrating a Nitefinder plunger into the Maverick. I'm working on it now, and it's hard, but it should be worth it.

~ompa

#3 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

It seems relatively new, but it is not in stores anymore.

That's strange, Maverics are plentiful at all my local stores that sell nerf guns and supplies.

--Diego
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

does anyone know how it performs?

I know I'm about the only one who cares about stock guns, but obviously it has great RoF and pretty bad range. Plus the darts it comes with suck major balls.
SexD Warves

#5 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

A NF plunger, eh? That sounds awesome. I was going to pick up a NF anyways, adn since there only 6 bucks, I'll grab another. I hear that there plungers are really pwerful from the reading i have done on NerfHAven.

I don't know if I can pull it off, put I will try. My friend is pretty good at modding. Is a dremmel necessary?

Do you think I should try brass and the NF replacment, or just the NF. Brass is nice, but not all to cheap and hard to find where I live. Do you think the brass is at all worth it, or should I jus stick to the NF mod?
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:41 PM

The NF replacement is difficult. Brass is pretty good, but I think SCH80pvc is an adequate replacement. A dremel is highly recommended for the NF replacement. You can perform the NF mod without a dremel.

~ompa

#7 parmaster320

parmaster320

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

If you are picking up Nitefinders, I recommend the older blue/black version over the newer blue/orange N-Strike version. The older ones seem to have a more powerful spring and would work better for your replacement mod, if you so choose to go that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users