I don't know what is wrong

11 replies to this topic

#1 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

Hello,
I am just starting to get into Nerf (I'll say it, I'm a noob) and I came across a Nerf Expand-a-Blast. I opened the sucker up and took out all the Expand-a-Crap so I only had the simple gun left. Afterwards, I went to a friend's house, and he helped me do a simple PVC mod on the gun so I can use stefans. I was expecting it to be good, however, it only shoots 15-20 ft. We mad sure the seal was tight, using electric tape at first and then hot glue. The gun itself seems powerful, and all of my friends say it should work much better, yet it doesn't.
Can anyone give me a few tips to fix it.

Also, I am soon getting my hands on a BBB, can anyone give me any good mods, or links. I can't find any links. I am hoping to eventually brass both.

Thanks
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:45 PM

CX has a cool mod in the mods section and I believe it was his primary for a good while.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:51 PM

A huge problem I've found is plunger head deformity. If it's deformed, your gun won't shoot worth shit. If it IS deformed, you can try wrapping masking tape around the head until you get a decent seal- it should improve performance.

For your BBB, just chop off the stock barrel so it's like 3/4 an inch long, then stick a one inch piece of 17/32 brass in there, then a 1/2 pvc coupler, and use a 9/16 9 inch brass barrel in 1/2 pvc. Your basic nested brass mod. I believe those numbers were from Cx from a question I had along time ago.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 14 February 2005 - 07:52 PM.

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:01 PM

Replace spring and make sure the darts fill the barrel but not tightly enough that it restricts them in any way. You want them to be just loose enough that you can load the gun by dropping a dart in and waiting for it to settle down to the bottom of the barrel.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

Is the plunger the black thing, or the orange tip that the black thing is covering?
Also, I just got 1/2 inch PVC. I don't know the specific type, but it was the white kind. My darts go in fine, but I do have to push a little. I can't let them slide, llet alone drop thme in, but they are not really hard to push in. Hopefully if that is the prblem, brass should fix it.

Thank you very much
PS Thank you very much about the BBB mod ompa, That will probably be my primary, so I want it to be awesome.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:07 PM

The plunger is the orange ring-type thing on the back of the gun.
SexD Warves

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:34 PM

Is the plunger the black thing, or the orange tip that the black thing is covering?
Also, I just got 1/2 inch PVC. I don't know the specific type, but it was the white kind. My darts go in fine, but I do have to push a little. I can't let them slide, llet alone drop thme in, but they are not really hard to push in. Hopefully if that is the prblem, brass should fix it.

Thank you very much
PS Thank you very much about the BBB mod ompa, That will probably be my primary, so I want it to be awesome.

Black thing. I meant plunger HEAD.

Oh, and you want SCH80 pvc (grey) for stefans. I'm not really sure how well SCH40 pvc and stock darts work- but that might be your problem. Try switching to stefans, as the BBB mod I gave you was for stefans as well.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 14 February 2005 - 09:40 PM.

#8 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:22 PM

I use stefans, howover I did not get SCH80, I got the stuff that says J-M Pipe 1/2 inch on it. I didn't realize that wuld make a difference, my friend told me to just get 1/2 inch PVC so I did. Could I fix that without damaging the gun, as it is hot glued in there?
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:34 PM

Pull hard.

~ompa

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:08 PM

The hot glue will just fall apart. That could be part of why it's not working well if there isn't a good seal.

What size are your stefans?

Your best bet is to take one of your darts to the store with you and select a barrel material that fits it well.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#11 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

Ompa, I just tried to fix my EaB by fixing the plunger head. I don't know if this is what you meant exactly, but I noticed space between the plunger head and the, I want to call it air chamber, I do not know what it is called.

Anyways I figured that the result of that space would be to allow air to flow out backwards from the air chamber. I used electric tape to snug it up, but not slow it down. I definite improvement. Not so much in range, but much more powerful. I accidently shot myslef in the toe, I won't do that again.

Cxwq- I use the 5/8 Inch FBR.

Edited by tenesee23, 16 February 2005 - 10:13 PM.

Go Team FuckBuddy!

#12 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:42 AM

I had a deformed plungerhead, here's what I did.
http://www.freewebs....ds.htm#33046391
I thought it was a pretty complicated mod, so if you do plan on doing this, make sure you know exactly what I mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users