Photo

Atomizer Slingshot Mod

12 replies to this topic

#1 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

Recently I got an atomizer slingshot and a ball refill for my birthday from a friend. Of course, I knew it was going to suck, but the refill gave me an idea to have a higher ROF.

You will need
A small screwdriver
2 inch wide tube of some sort
(12 inches should give you about 5 extra balls.)
Tape

The first thing you need to do is look at the top of the slingshot. See that knobby like thing? That's what is keeping the balls from falling out normally. There is no need to cut this off though. If you look at the back of it, you will see a screw. Unscrew it and the knob will just fall off.

Now for the next step. Put the tube on top of the slingshot.(There is no need to make an angle on the tube) It shouldn't go over it or inside it. Now get tape. Use lots and lots and lots of tape to make it sturdy as possible.

Not done yet. The tube I had a convenient cap. If yours doesn't you could fashion yourself one, or another knobby like thing, or just use the one you unscrewed and put it there.

This mod increases the ROF a lot. This gun/slingshot still isn't very good at all. If it does happen to fall into your hands, I reccomend doing this. It also kinda makes it look like a sword...

I'll have pictures up later. Sorry, if it's hard to understand, I've never explained a mod before, just ask me and I will try to clear things up.

-CTA

Edited by CTA then and now, 14 February 2005 - 08:51 PM.

Ecstasy is all you need
Living in the big machine

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:09 PM

Has anyone seen the Slingshot mod that allowed it to shoot micros (I'm not sure which Slingshot it was), it looked pretty good. If that was the same version, you could do that, but it would totally eliminate the point of this mod. EDIT: I found the site. It was Nerf City. It should work on the ASS (Atomizer Slingshot).

Edited by NerfMonkey, 14 February 2005 - 05:12 PM.

SexD Warves

#3 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:25 PM

That's cool, Nerf Monkey. You're right though, this would elimanate the point of my mod,
but since these things are really cheap, I could buy one, mod it to shoot micros, and incorporate the idea of this mod into that one.
Whoa...
Ecstasy is all you need

#4 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:42 PM

Here is the picture.
I have a name for it now, the CTA swordsling.

Posted Image

Edited by CTA then and now, 14 February 2005 - 07:00 PM.

Ecstasy is all you need

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

Pretty awesome. That's nearly almost enough to make me get off my ass and buy one.
SexD Warves

#6 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

Thanks.
Ecstasy is all you need

#7 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:45 AM

What did you say about ranges? I have never shot one of these before so I don't know what to expect.

#8 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:22 AM

Ranges? Hmmmmm... Hold on. I'm gonna go find out...

-CTA
Ecstasy is all you need

#9 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:38 AM

Including bouncing/skipping whatever, I got:
1. 10 ft 1 in
2. 12 ft 1.5 in
3. 15 ft 10 in
4. 15 ft 10 in
5. 16 ft
I was indoors, so that means that the range of the range is 0ft (it happens) - 16.5 feet
The averarge from my trials is about 14 ft.
PissBacon, I don't think there are any mods to increase range. My mod only increases the ROF.

-CTA

Edited by CTA then and now, 20 February 2005 - 09:38 AM.

Ecstasy is all you need

#10 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:40 AM

thanks. I'm not that surprised though, since it's just a slingshot after all.

#11 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:09 PM

I've done that exact same thing on my ripsaw, except later on I decided to trade teh tube for a 3-liter pop bottle. Now it holds 20-30 balls instead of 3. Plus teh ripsaw actually has good ranges of 40-50 ft. Good mod but I would suggest doing it on a ripsaw if you can get ahold of one. Best... ballgun...ever
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#12 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:36 PM

If you made that thing a little longer and wrapped it in foam, you could use it at as a hand-to-hand weapon -- oh wait, 14 feet you say? Nevermind, it already is a H2H weapon...

Hey, are the Nerf slingshots powered by a bungie? If so, I assume it's weak. Has anybody ever thought of replacing the bungie with a more powerful one, and/or adding more bungies to it? Also, you could add a small barrel to the front to make the shots more accurate.

Has anyone ever thought of using a REAL slingshot? I think they're way too powerful to be used safely with micro or mega darts, but they would be great for balls! I mean, seeing as what they can do to paintballs, I don't want to get hit by a dart coming out of a slingshot... Anyways, how awesome would it be if you aimed one of these babies at someone, and it shot the ball like 50 feet?! That would awesome! Okay, I've used the word "awesome" too many times...

Posted Image
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#13 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:52 PM

Yes, the Slingshots are powered by rubber band type things. But another problem I've heard is actually trying to just hit the ball itself through the hole, so I don't know if a barrel would really help all that much.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users