Problems With The Secret Shot 2

Valve Leakage!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ames

Ames

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:12 PM

Hey, I've noticed a large problem with the Secret Shot 2. Although it is extremely powerful when modded, it's useless in battle because the valve leaks and can't hold pressure.

That's not my problem exclusively; a friend of mine with an unmodded version leaks pressure in the same way. The repeated pumping just to maintain a shootable pressure is ridiculous.

Is there a way around this problem?

#2 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:03 PM

Sure there is a way around this problem. Take out the internals of the gun and fill up a sink of some sort with water. Then submerge the internals (not the pump) into the water and start pumping the gun. I you did this correctly (really not that hard to screw up) you internals will start to bubble therefore showing where your leak in the gun is. You then just have to buy a sealant (plumbers goop is my choice) and just goop where the hole is. The leak will now be sealed!
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

Not all SS2s do that though. I have personally modded four of them. None of witch came with any leaks.

#4 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

Ss2's are known for leaking. Its pretty common to see a Secret Shot 2 leak after it ages slightly.I myself have owned 2 different leaky ss2's.

Try spraying wd40 down the barrel. Apparentley that helps..

#5 Ames

Ames

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:44 PM

I'll try the WD40 solution. I already did take apart the valve, and tried to improve the seal between the sealing mechanism and the barrel. To no avail. How could WD40 hurt? I'll try it and post results ^^

#6 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:43 AM

How would WD40 fix a leak?

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

It just greases up the points that need to have good seals. It's like why you lubricate plunger heads in plunger guns.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users