Photo

One Of The Best Guns

18 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:09 PM

I think one of the best guns out is the mavric rev 6. it has greatrange for a storebought gun. The RoF's friekin great too! I sugest this gun to any n00by.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:20 PM

No offense, but try to not post best-gun topics, they aren't really looked on with respect here.

And try to make sure you read over your posts beforehand to avoid any simple typos.

The Maverick is a great gun, and with extensive modification, can be an even better one.

~ompa

#3 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:59 PM

These are going to be the responses you recieve from alot of the uneducated mass of society:

"ur gay, that isnt teh best gun, the gun that is better than yours is mine because i modded it and it shoots like 200 ft. and never misses!!!1111!"

If translated it may look like this:

"I believe you are homosexual. Well, as educated as I wish I was, I cannot comprehend the fact that many guns have their weakness's and strong points. I believe that with my superior talent, I can achieve better statistics than you, because the gun I am using is just an all around better performer. Let alone the fact that you may not excell in the area of modding experties. Oh, and I lie about my ranges and accuracy percentages."

But from a person who understands, and has maturity, and holds your opinion in the utmost regards:

"While I think that this gun has many strong points, and they outweigh the weak points, your opinion is just as important. We may favor differant perspectives, such as mine may shoot faster, but yours will shoot farther, but it all depends on how you use the gun. My modding talents excell my gun to further levels, and I can get good ranges and superior accuracy then when un-modified. You may have this talent as well, but it all depends on how you use it, not necessarily what it is, or if it is better. I am glad that we can both assess that each gun has its strong point, and weak point, and are when used in the correct situation, can have a better performance than one that excells in a differant area."

The latter, sadly, is not much heard now, so we tend to avoid these topics. If you start a topic about expressing your views but still accepting others, that would most likely be ok.

Anyway, to my real response. I like the Maverick aswell, its RoF surpasses any other pistols, and still retains a relativly good range. When modified though, you are correct, it can get alot better of ranges. While going akimbo with these may still be fun, I prefer more of rifle type gun, with maybe a few shots rather than 6. Plus I would wish the distance to exceed around 65 feet. I agree with your opinion though, the Maverick is a good peice of work, and hopefully shows that Nerf will continue with good products like it from here on. I am glad that Nerf is providing us with better and stronger guns, so it shows signs that Nerf still lives on.

-TLM

Edited by The Large Moose, 09 February 2005 - 06:00 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#4 faine

faine

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:24 PM

:D he funny moose. LOL

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:41 PM

:D he funny moose. LOL

That made no sense. Never, ever post something like that again. It had to have broke:

Don't post unless you have something to say

Avoid AIM-style spelling (lol, u, ne, ppl, etc)

Use capitalization and punctuation correctly

Don't double-post - use the edit button.

Don't post in months-old topics unless you have something significant to add

Don't ask questions that have been answered already - use the built-in search function and try Google first

50% of the rules written in the Code of Conduct. Try to follow the rules.

~ompa

#6 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:03 PM

Sorry, but I did not intend to be funny. I was explaining what can become of this thread. If you found that "funny", you may fall under the category of the first of my three comments. Its really a fact that may help you all live a happy life at this forums. be nice, and we shall be nice.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#7 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

Still have no mav, but I'm glad to hear that yet another person is having good results with it. Can't wait to get one, and I hope more people try the nf plunger mod/integration (not sure for which it qualifies.)

Other than that...
No disrespect to anyone:
Ompa has a title, Introductinator
He did his duty. Done deal. The appointment of Ompa to Introductinator was so no more than he, kindly as he does it, takes a chunk out of someone. I for one was glad this was done, as it has cleared up this board and I sincerely thank Ompa for doing such a great job. Being Ompa, and thus appointed to this title, he needs no second in command.
To me, this lowers the forum's temperature by a good 20 degrees (C or F, take your pick).
So if you want to jump on someone, remember, keep the thread in the cool; and wait for Ompa to...
I don’t know...
gently poke them with a stick?
Yeah, sounds like Ompa.
And TLM - good advice, but here’s the challenge:
For the people who still plague other boards across the web, attempt to make a translator. It would be quite the task, but hey, some boards I've seen elsewhere need it so bad they just might pay you for it!

Keep up the great work Introductinator!
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:59 PM

Nothing wrong with TLM's actions, he does have a point that I was just too busy to type up.

Yes, I will get harsher if people don't fix themselves, so don't worry about that.

Thanks though.

Sorry I didn't mention this before- Nerfnewbie, the site is mostly geared towards modded guns- while reviews may be nice, most of the people that frequent the site don't really care about them (no offense to your opinion, I happen to agree). So as a general rule of thumb, don't post reviews unless it's a new/extensive mod.

~ompa

#9 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:18 AM

Holy shit, you guys really need to get out more.

Eh, I like the Mav, and although I haven't done much with it yet (waiting to see who has the best mod, haha) it reeks of inefficiency. I still like my NiteFinder because of how...how do I put it...modifiable? it is.

It just doesn't seem like something I will use in wars unless it's pistol only (then NF and Mav combo looks slightly intimidating), due to the fact that it's slightly clumsy, not easily holsterable, heavy, even though the ROF is very appealing to me. Until then...I must have a splitfire (grumble*Ihateompa*grumble).

As far as a "n00by" weapon? On my list it's still the AirTech2000 and the NiteFinder = you can get this for less than 15 bucks and they are both relatively simple mods with great ranges. They also give you the most simple internals for each type of gun - you can't mess up an AirTech2000 unless you got a defunct one...

Maybe our forum can work a bit on turning dumb posts into ones with a point instead of having to flame every time. When Karma is implemented I doubt you'll gain points by simply flaming every new user.
Ok, must finish homework...

AA
Indiana '11

#10 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:17 PM

Heh! A translator! Excellant idea, but for a programmer. Like "i r teh best kid here" would translate to: "I don't have any talents other than staying home with my mother and watching Oprah"

But I couldn't make a program like that. I took CP last semester, but not for me. Anyone who can, and does, though, will get a special white chocolate cookie.

I know Ompa is the introductiner or whatever, I really wasn't introing him into the forums, I was just giving him advice that could make his stay here more enjoyable.
If I did step my boundaries though, I am sorry, I just am trying to keep the forums as nice as possible.

Edited by The Large Moose, 11 February 2005 - 10:18 PM.

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

Holy shit, you guys really need to get out more.

You get out less than I do, you REALLY can't talk.

For a translator, I'll always provide an adequate translation if the person has been warned repeatedly and ignores the warnings given. And you didn't overstep your boundaries, I really don't mind.

Hey now, I watch Opera...

Just kidding, I'd rather eat a live cow. I personally can't stand the show- I'm not sure why, I just hate it.

~ompa

#12 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:56 AM

I have stepped in on it a few times, but it didn't hold my interest, like that wretched Dr. Phil. Rawr.

Ohh and I don't mean to offend anyone with the oprah thing, it just seemed like the weirdest show to watch. What else? The Wiggles?

#13 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:26 PM

Yeah nice spelling of Oprah, ompa.

And ok fine you win (about getting out more) but you get the point..
Indiana '11

#14 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

Has anybody tried to make the clips interchangable? similiar to the pc.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#15 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:57 AM

I have never heard of anyone doing that, but I thought it might be cool when I got the gun. It might be kind of hard, though. Would it weaken the seal between the turret and the part where the air comes out if you made them interchangable?

Edited by NerfMonkey, 13 February 2005 - 10:58 AM.

SexD Warves

#16 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:02 AM

Someone on Nerfhq has been making interchangable clips, but it requires some "wiggling" on the part of the operator to get it in. The REV-6 is a great gun either way.

#17 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:22 PM

I bought a mav, and while i'm lovin the semi-auto goodness, i must say im still a little dissapointed.It only gets maybe 25-30' range, and is extremely hard to mod, other than a basicair restrictor mod...Maybe someone should try trimming the shell so there is enough space to actually put barrels ON the turret...
Black Masks & Gasoline

#18 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:38 PM

Technically, it's still single shot, but pretty darn fast!
SexD Warves

#19 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:18 PM

I bought a mav, and while i'm lovin the semi-auto goodness, i must say im still a little dissapointed.It only gets maybe 25-30' range, and is extremely hard to mod, other than a basicair restrictor mod...Maybe someone should try trimming the shell so there is enough space to actually put barrels ON the turret...

My friend actually put the barrel inside the clip, it theretically should work, but not all the bullets actually do work.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users