How Do I Open An Old 750?

Seems like a nOOb qustion, i know.

10 replies to this topic

#1 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:55 PM

I recently brassed and silenced my 750 (old) just by sticking the barrel in through the front, and The silencer was good, it didn't make a peep, but ranges are NOT what I expeced, and are pitifully low. I would say around 35' on 5 pumps.I realized the problem was the restrictors. The way my barrel sat in the gun, Part of the barrel was blocking off about half the air flow.. I thought, oh, i'll just open the gun and drill the restricors, surprised I hadn't already done it, but when I went to open it, the orange part on the front stopped me. I'm afraid iff I just rip through it, I might be left with an unsightly crack, or even just a big hole where it used to be. Help , please?
Black Masks & Gasoline

#2 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

I cut and pried that part off on mine. If you sand it after it it won't look too bad. If you cut it right where the gun splits in half it'll still look nice

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:48 PM

I was able to take all the screws out, then actually pull the internals out without prying off the red piece. Then, you can just carefully slide the internals with barrel back into the gun.

~ompa

#4 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

Hmmmm...Intresting method, Ompa.(snickers) I'll try it, but wouldnt it be hard to set the internals back in the right places, without fully opening the gun? Ill get them out and see if I cant set em back in right when the work is done, and if I cant, well, it'll be easier to cut straight when the guts are gone. Thanks, I might post pics of the 750 when its done, its pretty damn cool lookin!I added a little piece of brass under the actual barrel just to get rid of the akward square feeling of it.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:18 PM

I won't even ask about the snicker.

It's actually really easy to slide it back in. The only problem I've encountered is getting rid of the red cap at the end of the pump preventing the pump itself from coming out.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 09 February 2005 - 09:49 PM.

#6 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:28 PM

I got a flat head and kept pring. I first started with a small one then got bigger and bigger ones. Took a long time and a lot of patience, but it eventualy came off.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#7 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

I have one of those nice, tiny little saws i can get rid of the pump cover with.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#8 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:22 PM

Snap it in half.

I have... excuse me, HAD, a nearly perfect straight line down the front of the gun when I just snapped it in half.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#9 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:06 PM

With all 4 of mine, I completely chopped off the front red/orange piece. It has a gap of air roughly 1/8"-1/16" between it and the rest of the purple case, which has a very nice surface that is flat, and has a hole almost exactly the same size as 1/2" pvc's OD. Which makes it awesome for anyone using homemade megas of whatever kind.
Brass looks nice too, though.
Posted Image
Yeah, it really does look nice.
If you can make a score (slight cut) along with the casing's natural half line, you have a much better chance of snapping it cleanly. After that, saw between the red and the case, that gap I was talking about. Each side you finish will leave you with a red half donut.
The parts that have the evil glue are the sides, and can also be removed, don't hurt yourself trying though, I jabbed myself fairly bad the first time I did this.
Hope this helps...
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#10 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:33 PM

Although I don't own a 750, I can tell you that much of the glue used on the exterior of nerf guns loses it's adhesive ability when heated. this is how I got the barrels off of my SM3K. And I'm hoping to find out if this is an easier way to remove the barrels on an AT3K.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#11 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

Thanks, jlego, I think I'll saw it off , then maybe set a piece of 1/2' pvc in the hole, just to hold in the brass nice and tight.If I ever get another, I might try just using the 1/2'pvc and use mega stephans, but since this is gonna end up being a loser-geared handgun, I think I'll use micros on this one for the range.Ill try to get pics up when its done, its gonna look sweet. I bought this kick-ass scope, ment for a cork gun, that I'm gonna put on it...It'll be shweet.
Black Masks & Gasoline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users