Photo

Supersoaker Xp270 Mod

12 replies to this topic

#1 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:59 PM

My friend has a supersoaker Xp270 we are modding. For those of you who don't know what one looks like http://www.epinions....Soaker_-_XP_270 I think i saw somebody with one on the armmegedon video. Now since this is my friends i really have to connvince him for there to be a reason to open it it up. Im assuming there is an overpressurise release valve in the supersoaker that needs to be plugged. But im not sure. Right now we've cut off the nozzle and hot glued a crayola barrel on it but it takes 50 pumps for maybe 45 feet. The other thing is that the water storage tank in the back has busted. But im thinking it doesn't really play a big role anyway. Is it worth the trouble of modding?

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 07 February 2005 - 08:00 PM.

Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

First off, you need a MUCH longer barrel. Second off, it's going to take even more pumps once you have the overpressure release valve. If you're just looking for an extremely long-ranged gun for shits and giggles, go ahead and mod it. As for practicality in a war, I'd suggest you spend your time elsewhere. And the water storage tank is important, you should probably try to fix that. The air goes into the tank, which then pumps the water + air into the secondary tank, which fires the water. Hence, air can leak out of the water tank. However, I'm not the expert on super-soaker workings, although I'm fairly certain how it works. Doom is the super-soaker expert around here.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 07 February 2005 - 08:06 PM.

#3 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:08 PM

Well, not exactly the best news in my friends case. His water tank has litterally a giant opening that im assuming can't be fixed. Doesn't look very promising. Unless there is some way to avoid tending with a broken water tank.

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 07 February 2005 - 08:28 PM.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

Just buy one of those $6 supersoakers, like the Liquidator, and use that for your mod.

~ompa

#5 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

Guys, super soakers do not need to be million-pump long range impractical weapons. You jsut don't use the water tank at all and you're good to go. The valve itself in XP guns is similar to an at2k valve, and it alone is usable as a gun for integrations. You jsut hook up an old nerf pump you got lying aroud and use that with the SS valve. Southpaw (Lefty) does this for a ton of his integrations. YOu can get 100 ft. out of a SS valve alone. No need to mess with the water tanks.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

Hm, that's odd- but now that I think about it, some supersoakers do use that kind of valve. However, several do not. Like the liquidator, which is the gun I have experiance with. However, you ARE right. Getting my XP70 gun out, the valve is similar. Sorry about that mistake.

~ompa

#7 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:13 PM

My friend (Ploofull, the one who did the Nite Finder mod) has an XP something-or-other and it seems like the airtank is the same thing as the water tank? So how do you fill one but not fill the other if its the same thing?
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#8 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:04 AM

ompa,
what kinda mods have you done with the liquidator? I used one of those when i got into nerf last spring. I always had problems with my goop seals blowing (on my reduced tank).

Edited by Drano, 08 February 2005 - 11:05 AM.

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

My friend (Ploofull, the one who did the Nite Finder mod) has an XP something-or-other and it seems like the airtank is the same thing as the water tank? So how do you fill one but not fill the other if its the same thing?

If that's the case, you can't do anything but try to reduce the tank size by filling it with stuff (avoid the openings mind you).

Drano, I just did the basic plug the overpressure release valve and barrel mods, nothing else really interesting. As for seals, that's the reason I just scrapped mine.

~ompa

#10 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

I also noticed something else on Ploofull's SuperSoaker. When you pumped it, it wouldn't hold the pressure for very long, because the air was leaking out the barrel thing. I don't know if this is because there was no water in it or what, but that was another weird thing. Is that with all SuperSoakers?
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#11 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:57 PM

Well I modded a Liquidator and it had a very good barrel seal for me and without water it would shoot fine, no leaks so that might just be Ploofull's gun.

3nerfiteers- im still working on convincing byran to open it up.

#12 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:39 PM

Well I modded a Liquidator and it had a very good barrel seal for me and without water it would shoot fine, no leaks so that might just be Ploofull's gun.

3nerfiteers- im still working on convincing byran to open it up.

Yeah well, I can see this modd happening now. According to him his trigger jammed so im assuming he'll let me open it and probably replace the spring behind it. But now according to other people on this post would it maybe make sense to plug the overpressure release valve. Good idea anyone?

#13 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:11 AM

Many squirt guns will have leaks when you are just using air because air escapes easier than water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users