Are You An Old Nerfer?

Top Ten Ways to tell.

78 replies to this topic

#1 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:20 PM

The Top Ten Signs that you're a Veteran Nerf Warrior.

10) You think that a "SS2" is blue not red and should be banded.

9) You think that ALL SM 3000's suck regardless of their color but think the 2500 was great.

8) You have no less than 3 home-made holsters made of denim, tape, and coat hanger.

7) You not only know Stealthblade, but have also seen her in full camo.

6) You still think of Goo as a Newb.

5) You still get a bad taste in your mouth when you hear the name Eric, or see pirate boots.

4) You know what PMS really stands for.

3) Your remember thinking that the original Maxforce line was "hardcore".

2) You remember when Larami was Nerf's competitor.

1) You remember what original Sharpshooter darts look like, and might have one somewhere in your room.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#2 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:50 PM

11) You remember who made the tampon dart.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:57 PM

12) You remember when parents used to actually beat their kids, and wish they still did. (hint hint)

VACC

#4 Sacapuntas Cabesa

Sacapuntas Cabesa

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 05:05 PM

3 holsters?! Shit, I have 5 of those. Oh, and the Sharp Shooter is THE gun of the gods. I have about 3 or 4 different kinds of darts for it:

The original with the fins

The more normal dart with a pink suction cup

And two others that work for it.
If the world is so unfair, why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?

Dinobot smash!!!

#5 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 05:29 PM

11) You remember who made the tampon dart.

Ok, if at least 9 out of the 10 things listed don't squarely apply to you then please don't take it upon yourself to add to the list. I don't mean to ridicule or anything but the point of this list was to inspire a little nostalgia in the older readers and offer some perspective to the younger readers. The fucking Tampon Dart is not a sign of longevity, for christ sakes it's from the NO boards. If you people think that NO is old than you really have no comprehension as to the history of the NIC. If you don't recognize the term NIC than that's another sign. Sigh........ this tasks me. Now you see, that person, with the Grimlock avatar, he knows what I'm talkin about, so does Vacc, and still don't even think Grimlock person is that old. But at least he's not referencing Evil Angel as a founder of the community.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#6 Sacapuntas Cabesa

Sacapuntas Cabesa

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I only get 6 of those. Wait, do we have to know Stealthblade personally?

Dinobot smash!!!

#7 Paradox

Paradox

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 03:19 AM

[rant]The original max force line! What the hell? That was basically the beggining of the five-year long fall of cool nerf products. Total shift to cheap guns that were shaped funny with no redeeming qualities except maybe 20% of each line, until the LNL and BBB.
Now if you remember the ChainBlazer being hardcore, then yeah... I remember fighting with a few people over the CB's actual effectiveness in combat. Though I came too late to purchase excellent weapons from the Nerf Action line *sniff* and had to put up with the MF, MF2002, and most of the CyberStrike, and all the shoot-all-your-ammo-at-once-and-show-the-gun-magically-reloaded-somehow-commercials of the Lightning Blitz line. So I'm bitter as unholy hell.[/rant]

Huh... I geuss if you were a nerf newb when they were released then you might've thought they were hardcore... Oh yeah... Whatever. Now where IS my original sharpshooter dart? I think its in a bag with all my dead gun parts in the back of my closet somewhere...

Hmmm, well I got about 7 of those.

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 11:13 AM

Feh. None of those apply to me.

Probably because I gave up Nerf before the first dart firing gun was released. After spending several days trying to hit some friends who were 15 feet away on the other side of the living room and failing 90% of the time, I decided that Nerf wasn't for me. Or anyone really.

The year? 1991.

The arsenal? Two Slingshots and a Blast-a-Ball.

#9 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 11:16 AM

Though Maxforce did mark the beginning of a downward trend, at the time the Sawtooth, Warthog, Manta Ray, and (eventually though it was supposed to be in the original line it was released extremely late) Mad Hornet did all boast impressive features and their commercials dEffeminateted them being used as weapons of team combat as opposed to the Action Line which still marketed itself much like a watergun; something fun to do but not too serious. Now the actual performance of those guns was a different matter all together but I still stand by my statement that when the Maxforce line debuted, the previews for it held some of us in awe (ignore the fuckin Iron Raptor, just ignore it)
~Famine
of Mag-7

#10 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 11:26 AM

I feel like such a newbie, I came in when the old school 1500 and 750 were all over Toys R Us. And, like an idiot, I threw out all my cool guns when I thought nerf wasnt cool anymore (arrowstorm, sharpshooter 2, wharthog, and too many others)
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 01:27 PM

To be honest Famine's list is basically a "where you on the cent.org listserve" trivia quiz. So if you weren't, or you simply don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, just don't sweat it people.

VACC

#12 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 01:55 PM

To be honest Famine's list is basically a "where you on the cent.org listserve" trivia quiz. So if you weren't, or you simply don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, just don't sweat it people.

VACC

I would contest that numbers 1, 2, 3, 9, and 10 are pretty universal. So half of his list is a "Were you on the Cent.org?" list. Oh, and my addition:

You used to print out your own mail-in order forms for purchasing ammunition directly from Nerf.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#13 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 02:10 PM

I would contest that numbers 1, 2, 3, 9, and 10 are pretty universal. So half of his list is a "Were you on the Cent.org?" list. Oh, and my addition:

I thought number 8 was pretty fair too....... but yeah, a better title would've been "Top 10 signs you're an NIC Veteran" or something
~Famine
of Mag-7

#14 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 12:45 AM

13) You've gone through many bags of Nerf ammo.

Shit, that always sucked for me.
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#15 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 10:27 PM

8/10

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 11 December 2003 - 08:44 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#16 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:56 PM

::is put in his place::

Dang. That's alot of stuff I don't know.

Signs you're still a newb:
1.)Ratchet blast? What's a Ratchet blast?
2.)You consider Evil Angel among the nerf gods.
3.)You're not entirely sure why they call them stefans.
4.)Your posts per day exceeds the number of nerf wars you've been in by a factor of ten.
5.)are there n e other nerfers in NJ? Pleaze respnd? Helwo?
6.)The net weight of your clan is lighter than Spoon. (<After this past summer my nephew went back home raised an army of unholy five-year-olds with supermax guns. Scary)

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#17 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:09 PM

::is put in his place::

Dang. That's alot of stuff I don't know.

1.)Ratchet blast? What's a Ratchet blast?
3.)You're not entirely sure why they call them stefans.
4.)Your posts per day exceeds the number of nerf wars you've been in by a factor of ten.
5.)are there n e other nerfers in NJ? Pleaze respnd? Helwo?
6.)The net weight of your clan is lighter than Spoon. (<After this past summer my nephew went back home raised an army of unholy five-year-olds with supermax guns. Scary)

Hmm.. those are signs of n00bocity. I can see why I don't apply to any of those. I've been around for half a year. I remember applying to a few of those. It needs some more, though.

7. You've created your own dart or modified one.(meh, this doesn't always apply, but it does a lot of times)
8. You've never modified a gun, and you play mostly with unmodified guns.
9. You want old guns re-released because:
A: Your guns suck.
B: You don't mod your guns.
C: You are a moron.
10. You think you could nerf on the moon.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#18 Sacapuntas Cabesa

Sacapuntas Cabesa

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:48 PM

Anyone remember the Pheonix and Pheonix 2? I'll give you a hint: Balth

Remember a topic named "Weird" on NC?

You know what NoobCentral is/was.

You remember when the sight of a Ballzooka struck fear into your heart.

You knew of/owned a Crossbow before you found the NIC.

Dinobot smash!!!

#19 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:32 PM

Dude, those can almost all be attributed to NO or at least an NO era occurance, and that is not the sign of an old nerfer. I mean, that reaches back a whoping 4 years. Now if you had said "You've done the "destructer variant" and the ss2 STILL doesn't fire 70 ft." Well then I'd have to say you were one grizzled son of a bitch.

VACC

#20 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:11 PM

That's as much a sign of the Apocalypse as it is a sign of being a newb. :D
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#21 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 06:39 PM

One more for the old nerfer list

"If you bought your crossbow at a retail store for more than $5."
-=JiF=-

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people."

#22 DarkCow

DarkCow

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:00 PM

heh heh heh............ i remember getting my crossbow back in '98 at target. Such a newb i be...............

#23 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:27 PM

Dude, those can almost all be attributed to NO or at least an NO era occurance, and that is not the sign of an old nerfer. I mean, that reaches back a whoping 4 years. Now if you had said "You've done the "destructer variant" and the ss2 STILL doesn't fire 70 ft." Well then I'd have to say you were one grizzled son of a bitch.

VACC

OMG hearing "Destructor Variant" again brings back so many memories.....I don't think ANYBODY's SS2 fired 70 feet back then, or even now for that matter.....

I remember when I'd root through every box (yes, box) of megas at TRU trying to find "Magnums" for my SS2. I recall when I first fired a Ultimator I thought the world was ending or something.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#24 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:42 PM

Boy am I glad I'm of my Generation! We got it made. Our gen got most of the good stuff, and saw the old school stuff as well. We grew up in Nef mods and some better variations of good guns. We got to see various types of battles with losing style to, auto style, even to pistols. From that, we've learned that some old guns, work really, really well, and I still think alot of old nerf lines should come back out again, because, DANG, modding some of those was the greatest! Our geeration's got it good to over the fact that we got to learn from past experience from you guys (VAAC, Spoon, Kevin, Evil, etc.) cuz you guys posted everything. It snice being the Nerf Generation we are. Cuz we get all fun stuff! And alot of old school stuff. :D :lol:
www.Gainsae.com

#25 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 12:37 AM

I just wish the new generation would use the old English, not the new stuff.

m4d n00b's r sub-optimale lol.

*sigh*

(Not a personal hit against you, Batman. You have shark repellent, so you have my respect :lol:)
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users