Photo

Homemade Mac 11

10 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:06 PM

For the last couple weeks I've been working on a homemade mac 11 type thing.
Pic. of Mac 11
So far all I've really been able to work on is the handle which will hold the airtank tire valve for C02 and rf20 valve.
I used 1" pcv and a piece of 1' pcv for the handle but these pics are a little outdated and since then I have cut a deeper piece of 1'pvc for the back to cover up the tubing and such. I've also have plans for the action but will have to make them up in paint. Yes I am planning on using brass shells, 1.5" darts and at least a 5 shot clip/magazine.

Here are some pics of the handle before I cut the new piece of pvc for the back of the handle:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

click thumbnails to enlarge, please feel free to post in comments, concers, or questions.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

I'd worry about the CO2 blowing out nearly all the connections- unless you use a regulator or something.

~ompa

#3 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:21 PM

Yeah I'm starting to worry about that too, I'm planning on adding a psi gauge to the airtank if I can find a way. I think I read that 60 psi is the max, nerf brand parts can take, if anyone could verify that or tell me different that would be great.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

The cheapest reg I've seen at a hardware store was around $32 at ACE. Just ask for pressure regulators. It SHOULD fit inside the back of the gun with some creative dremeling.

~ompa

#5 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:33 PM

$32 for a regulator? My hardware store has them for $7! The regulators I speak of are a little bulky because they have a gage on them but they should work.

No matter how nice your pvc case is, it'll never match the popsicle-stick Mac 10:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hey rusty, these regulaters you speak of , could you possibly find the link to what your talking about online because like Ompa said the cheapest ones I've been able to find are around 30-50 dollars. Heres an update: I just went out and bought the brass so I should have a paint pic. up soon, plus my dad found an old pressure gauge in the basement that If i cant find a regulater I will be using.

thanks for the comments

#7 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:12 PM

Rusty, that's awesome.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#8 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

Heres an inline regualter, If i bought this could i screw it directly into a pcv female adapter and what size would it be? I'm guessing 3/4" or 1". Any answers would be great

#9 earl the bunny

earl the bunny

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:03 PM

Paintball regulators use different threads called ASA threads. To make a sure leakproof connection, you will need to buy a ASA adaptor or verticle adaptor, which changes the threads to 1/8" NPT. They cost around $15 However, you can probably get away with screwing it into a 1/2" NPT coupling with using some epoxy.

http://www.spudfiles...o/co2_setup.php explains about different co2 setups.

#10 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

Alright I finally have pictures of the regulator, and guage that comes with it:
Posted Image
The box says:
-Precision instrument gauge reads up to 160psi
-Solid Brass constuction air regulator, easy thumb screw adjustment
-Metal housing gauge, accurate ball bearing dial, and glass face plate protector
-Regulates air pressure on any air tool with 1/4" NPT
-Air inlet: 1/4" NPT Air Outlet: 1/4" NPT

I admit that I know nothing about how regulators work but, this one has a tiny ball valve inside, and I assume it regulates air by increasing/decreasing the amount of space the air can pass through.

Edit: Pic Resize

Edited by rusty, 11 February 2005 - 03:02 PM.

#11 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:32 AM

As I scrolled through the posts, I kept thinking you should use paintball parts, and thank god you did. It has always been my belief you could make a killer homemade almost entirely from paintball parts.

Edited by PissBacon, 21 February 2005 - 03:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users