Proof Of Hasrbo Engineers Modding Their Guns

Interesting...

19 replies to this topic

#1 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:42 PM

I stumbled upon this searching for Big Bad Bow on google. It's an interview on Monster.com with an editor from Hasbro and he mentions the Hasbro engineers modding their guns and also talks about nerf a little.

"Monster: Have you ever been shot in the face with one of those Nerf Crossbows?

Hasbro Editor: No, but I once got shot in the back of the head with a Big Bad Bow, which is a lot more powerful. It has screaming arrows, so I could hear it coming before it hit me. Sometimes the engineers modify the guns to be more powerful than the ones we actually sell to kids, so you get smacked upside the head by a dart going forty miles-per-hour."

Cool stuff, check out the article here.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#2 Atticus

Atticus

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:55 PM

"Hasbro, Inc. is a toy manufacturing company based in Cincinnati, Ohio."

Sweetness. Hasbro is here in Cincy. The other interesting thing in the article is that they specifically mention the Crossbow, which seems to show that the Crossbow is semi-infamous for being an excellent Nerf weapon.

#3 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 07:20 PM

Thats really cool. I wonder ho they modiy them, and i they use new barells.

Does that guy have an email?

#4 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, I would like to know if he has an email, too. Imagine those guys-they probably can get all the free Nerf guns they want! Oh, and Hasbro isn't in Cincinatti, it's in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#5 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 08:20 PM

cool!!! If any of you get contact with that guy, throw in a good word about me wanting an X-bow!
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#6 Lord of the Springs

Lord of the Springs

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:02 AM

"Hasbro, Inc. is a toy manufacturing company based in Cincinnati, Ohio."

Sweetness.  Hasbro is here in Cincy.  The other interesting thing in the article is that they specifically mention the Crossbow, which seems to show that the Crossbow is semi-infamous for being an excellent Nerf weapon.

that may be true, but it also states that the Big Bad Bow is more powerful. MWUHAHA!!
One spring to rule them all, One spring to find them,
One spring to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Arrostorms lie...

#7 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 11:47 AM

Thats sweet. Thats so friggin cool. I never thought they'd mod they're own guns. THats really cool though, I'd really like to find if they have emails. I'd really like to talk with some of those guys. Especially the guys that make, and design the guns.
www.Gainsae.com

#8 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 11:48 AM

:P :D :P :D Thier moding thier guns thats holaries maybe we should ask to remake some crossbows or make moded new guns. ;)

#9 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:19 PM

It doesn't surprise me at all that the engineers modify the guns. Seriously, they would know more about how to do it than we would, and if you have the ability to make the guns more powerful, then why the hell not?

#10 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:59 PM

You know what this means don't you? We must organize a war against these supposed "engineers" who work for this "Hasbro". A reckoning must be brought forth. EVIL WILL BE DISPELLED!!

Hold on, what's going on? Get away from me.

I bet we'd kick thier pansy asses... or more likely their mods would rock ours and we'd go home feeling odd and stupid.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#11 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:07 PM

Yhe that would suck maybe we could pay them to make super guns.

#12 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:55 PM

Yhe that would suck maybe we could pay them to make super guns.

And you, sir, have said quite enough.

We apologize for the comments made and opinions expressed by certain peoples whose names will be ratained for safety reasons. The opinions expressed here are not that of the Nerf community, but that of an individual. We are pleased to inform you that the offending parties have been sacked, subdued, and placed in a cage with an angry coked out grizzly bear wearing pants.

Please ignore this minor inconvienence and continue on with your Nerfy ways.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#13 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 02:50 PM

that may be true, but it also states that the Big Bad Bow is more powerful. MWUHAHA!!

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that they use the same ammo that the gun originally came with. And they probably didn't do the barrel relocation for the x-bow. And stock, the BBB kicks the x-bow's butt. Yeah.

Well, I emailed Hasbro, and they said that there is no one named Gred Hadden that works there anymore. It would be extremely hard to find his email address, unless we can find where he currently works.
Wax in the Nerf universe, wax4213 everywhere else.

#14 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:24 PM

Wow.

You know, the engineers at Hasbro are probably some really 1337 dudes, but it's those fat, lazy ass CEO bastages that fuck everything up. "Nooo, it can't be that powerful, we gotta make money, and nooo, let's put some more sticker's here! I don't give a shit if we have pussy plane guns that shoot ten feet MONEY YOU BITCHES!"

I'd like to meet some of these dudes. Maybe we can team up and shoot up those CEO's.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#15 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 08:17 PM

You know what this means don't you? We must organize a war against these supposed "engineers" who work for this "Hasbro". A reckoning must be brought forth. EVIL WILL BE DISPELLED!!

Hold on, what's going on? Get away from me.

I bet we'd kick thier pansy asses... or more likely their mods would rock ours and we'd go home feeling odd and stupid.

It'd still be worth it to play like 'professional' Nerfers. There should be like actual Nerf Areans, like paintball areas. Now if that ever happens, that would be sweet.
Go Hokies!

#16 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:35 PM

...if there were professional Nerfers, we'd be the closest thing.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#17 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 02:15 AM

Can I get Hasbro's email?
www.Gainsae.com

#18 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:54 PM

No, now go home.

I would like to use this space to create an ultimate flying Digiwoox.

...--->

Thank you.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#19 Wads15

Wads15

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 09:13 PM

No, now go home.

I would like to use this space to create an ultimate flying Digiwoox.

...--->

Thank you.

Ash, what are you on right now? Sugar? Ether? C'mon, tell me. :huh:
Pant rifle, wind sock, and bacon wand are funny words, eh?

#20 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 11:52 PM

c'mon bucko. that, my friend, was uncalled for. this reply is uncalled for; but i feel the need to lay down the law. you waited twelve days after ash's post to ask him if he was on crack. that is weak sauce, i expect better from you young man.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users