Photo

Nerf Training Poll

Should nerfers Train?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf Training Poll (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Nerf Training Poll

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nerfinator

Nerfinator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 09:28 PM

This may seem like a gay question, but we have a 22 person "clan" in South Dakota. We hold our own tournements by dividing into teams(we call them "factions"). My squad trains constantly, but my brother's squad and one other absolutly refuse to train. Some people don't need it, but I would like all your opinions on it.
Nerf Commandos -Check us out Nerf Commandos

#2 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 09:42 PM

I don't think training's needed at all. Sure a war here and there is good so you guys can learn to work as a team. (Something the LCM has troubles with at big wars, right Horsemen??) Training is ridiculous because I don't think nerf is a sport, it's just something to do for fun. Once nerf becomes routine and not just hanging out shooting your friends, it loses its "flavor" in a sense...

...But that's my opinion ^_^
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#3 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 10:55 PM

If your training, then your nerfing. If your nerfing then your training. Nerfing is the point of nerf, so i think your incredibly lucky to have 22 nerfers who your regularly nerfing with.

Is that a little much there warlock?
Happiness is a foam gun.

#4 SSWB

SSWB

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:10 PM

I'd have to agree with that: the best way to train is to nerf. Target practice doesn't work because in the heat of battle you hardly ever get to aim properly. Athletic training is always good to have for any sport, but I could never imagine doing it solely to better my nerfing.

By the way, not to diss you or anything, Nerfinator, but when people use "gay" to mean "stupid" it sorta bugs me. Let's say I didn't like black people, and a friend of mine did something stupid in public, so I said to him, "Dude, that was black." Would that be in good taste?
Souvent femme varie,
Bien fol qui s'y fie.

#5 Nerfinator

Nerfinator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:45 PM

I apoligize to any homosexuals who may have been offended by my post.I just loosely used the word to say "stupid."

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:53 PM

Vacc accepts your apology.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#7 Nerfinator

Nerfinator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:01 PM

I feel that training can help in certain situations, but is not always necessary. Some target practice and mock scenerios are good once in awhile, plus if you have a scheduled war that you would like to win(this would mean you knew the teams beforehand though, a problem for most people), training before that war can give you an advantage over an opponent who hasn't had a war in awhile. Just wanted to let you know where I was coming from on the training issue. :lol:

#8 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:17 PM

Are the twenty two people divided between you and your brother or are they just your group and your brother has his own group? Geeze that must be an awesome place to grow up!!!

Whats with these banner signatures???
Happiness is a foam gun.

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:33 AM

Vacc accepts your apology.

With all the coments we both make on these boards, doesn't that pretty heavily incriminate you as well?

VACC

#10 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 02:33 PM

Of course not. >puts his hands in a halo shape above his head< See?
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#11 Nerfinator

Nerfinator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 04:29 PM

Are the twenty two people divided between you and your brother or are they just your group and your brother has his own group? Geeze that must be an awesome place to grow up!!!

Whats with these banner signatures???

the people are divided between my brother, me, and one other friend.

#12 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:13 PM

Of course not.  >puts his hands in a halo shape above his head<  See?

I agree Spoon. You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass but, wouldn't you rather take Spoon's word on it ?
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#13 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 01:17 AM

You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass but, wouldn't you rather take Spoon's word on it ?

What the hell are you talking about? Translation for those of us who do NOT speak you're curious dialect?

#14 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 11:25 AM

Honestly I'm sorry. My little brother got on the site after I had forgotten to log out, and posted that right before I locked him in a closet with cans of open tuna fish. (Unusual, yes, affective, most) I'm sorry about that it will never happen again. I'd also like to add that this is the same little brother who got me kicked off of NO because of his trolling on my computor.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 05:22 PM

<Coughbullshitcough>

#16 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members