Primary Weapons

What are they these days?

27 replies to this topic

#1 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hey, I've been out of the Nerf Scene for the past couple years. What are the usual primaries nowadays? Are they still the Uruk-hais, Air Techs, PCs and junk? Or are there some super duper pooper scooper weapons out there that I need to know about.

~Thanks,
Alex
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#2 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

Oh how i've missed that sig! Welcome back!

Use the search function [i'm at school and bells about to go] and look up The Unity Power System, The Big Salvo, possibly The Maverick [a sidearm] and, yeah, that's just a few of the latest ones...
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:05 PM

Rapid Fire 20s are quite popular, at least among my age group it seems. Guess it depends on what you like, though. That's one of my personal favorites.
SexD Warves

#4 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

Rapid Fire 20s are quite popular, at least among my age group it seems. Guess it depends on what you like, though. That's one of my personal favorites.

Personally I dont like rapid fires. They are un-reliable and break easily.

I think the usual primary's vary. Try making a poll or something.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#5 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:40 PM

Air Tech 3000 and 2000, Max Shot, Crossbow, Lanard Blast Bazooka, Titan AS-V1, and Hornet AS-V6.

Secondaries are: Nite Finder, Maveric REV-6, Air Tech 2000, and First Shot.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:51 PM

...Titan AS-V1

You mean modded, right?
SexD Warves

#7 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:28 PM

I think he means modded for all the guns he mentioned.

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hey Maniac...

Also, everyone and his brother has been scooping up these Crossbows that have been popping up on eBay.

Heck, by now everyone that was hard up for one has picked one up, so what the hell, you might want to get one too. The seller seems to have an endless stash.

Oh, and welcome back. Good to see folks get the bug again.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:08 AM

...I don't have one yet.... :huh:

-TIG.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#10 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:23 AM

I had a crossbow once and didn't like it very much. The shell is awsome, but it doesn't fire as well as I had hoped.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:22 AM

Modification is helpful.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#12 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

I still dont feel right paying $50 for a x-bow. They are good, but not the best thing since sliced bread.

Personally, my NFs are my new main guns. Freaking awesome. We'll see how the Mavs I just got (Thanks Inferno!) stack up.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#13 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

I got mine for $25, which is pretty fair since they were $20 or so when they were new on the shelves...

And yes, proper modification is neccessary.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#14 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:25 PM

I think they were originally $25.99

#15 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

I pesonally like homemades as primarys, but lots of people think they are "un-nerflike." My friends like maxshots, sm1500s, nfs and splitfires are pretty good too. I love my duel nfs because you get two shots and they are really light and easy to carrey(sp).

#16 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

You forgot about my crossbow. I'd reccomend getting a N-Strike set, they are great.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, but I wish you could buy the Hornet, Scout and Titan separately. I don't always have $35-40 laying around. Anyway, I usually use a Hornet (unmodded) and a Tech Target (modded). I am new to modding, though, so I usually carry at least one stock gun.
SexD Warves

#18 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:24 PM

I pesonally like homemades as primarys, but lots of people think they are "un-nerflike." My friends like maxshots, sm1500s, nfs and splitfires are pretty good too. I love my duel nfs because you get two shots and they are really light and easy to carrey(sp).

How far does your homeade shoot?

#19 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

His homemades shoot pretty far, but not like the craxy ranges everybody else is getting. Okay maybe a bit lower on some guns than others, like the double barrel Solenoid activated cannon *snicker*.

#20 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:39 PM

His homemades shoot pretty far, but not like the craxy ranges everybody else is getting. Okay maybe a bit lower on some guns than others, like the double barrel Solenoid activated cannon *snicker*.

Shut up. That thing shot like 5 feet, found out the problem though, too hard to fix it, so I won't

EDIT: Forgot the real question. Some of them shoot around 100 sometimes. Depends on the barrel and darts. I hope to make a "real" solinoid rifle w/ backpack soon.

Edited by WEASEL, 01 February 2005 - 10:42 PM.

#21 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:57 AM

I seriously like the Hornet from the N-Strike Trinity (it dosent say on the box but the inventory list at Target calls it the "trinity"). The Big Salvo is also pretty good, only problem is that its hard to use. You really have to train you trigger finger for that thing.

Edited by Drano, 02 February 2005 - 12:16 PM.

#22 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

I seriously like the Hornet from the N-Strike Trinity (it dosent say on the box but the inventory list at Target calls it the "trinity").  The Big Salvo is also pretty good, only problem is that its hard to use. You really have to train you trigger finger for that thing.

I think you've been watching "The Matrix" too much. It's actually called the N-Strike Unity Power System. I'll agree with you though; the Hornet is a great primary weapon. I'm going to integrate an AT2K on/in one just for good measure :lol:.

SuperMAXX 1500's are great. The Hornet and the SM1500 (old version) are the two most powerful stock guns I've ever used. I'm pretty sure AT2K's are the exact same thing as SM1500's, though they have a smaller case and seem to have a worse seal with the turret?

RF20's and WildFires are so much fun... does anybody know if you can fire the RF20 without emptying the turret?

Good Sidearms:
Nite Finder, Lock 'n' Load, SuperMAXX 750, SharpShooter II.

Edit: Added more guns.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 02 February 2005 - 07:16 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#23 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, nf's and sm1500 are in the hall of fame right now, and its not that rare to see a guy dual wielding x-bows either , thanks to an unusual abundance in them.But I dont know why so many people are lovin hornets now, mine SUCKS. as soon as i get my hands on some cpvc ill mod it, but for now, mine gets 30' flat.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#24 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

What unmodded gun deosn't suck. The horned actually gets good ranges for unmodded guns.

#25 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:10 PM

Last_Man_Standin_, maybe you got a dud or something. Try some airjet micros or Stefans in it. I put some red airjet micros in my stock Hornet and I was in awe when I found out my range was doubled.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 02 February 2005 - 07:11 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users