also for NH

13 replies to this topic

#1 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

http://www.nerfhq.co...opic.php?t=9243

That's my idea. You can be put on the list in this thread.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#2 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:13 PM

Kewl.
~Halfling

#3 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:16 PM

Sorry, not interested.

-Terminator
"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#4 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

Interesting story that kinda is along these lines. Me and my friend were out in the woods once and found this plastic 5 gallon container. The front said gps cache. I suppose it was some sort of scavanger hunt for people with GPS equipment some nerd with alot of free time made up. Anyway, there was a journal that people could record their name in and the date ect. I guess the cool part about it was that they had little treasures like a deck of cards or a koosh ball that you could take but it said that you would have to replace it with some sort of toy or nicknack. To make a long story short we took all the little toys and wrote some funny things on the journal. This whole idea of a nerf journal is a good idea but i really would only prefer it if it was used Via email if you asked me.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#5 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

Interesting story that kinda is along these lines. Me and my friend were out in the woods once and found this plastic 5 gallon container. The front said gps cache. I suppose it was some sort of scavanger hunt for people with GPS equipment some nerd with alot of free time made up. Anyway, there was a journal that people could record their name in and the date ect. I guess the cool part about it was that they had little treasures like a deck of cards or a koosh ball that you could take but it said that you would have to replace it with some sort of toy or nicknack. To make a long story short we took all the little toys and wrote some funny things on the journal. This whole idea of a nerf journal is a good idea but i really would only prefer it if it was used Via email if you asked me.

Wow, way to be a douche. I have been, and know people who go geocaching a lot. It's a big let down to hike a mile and a half only to find the container empty and have demeaning things written in the journal. Just leave things like that alone.. No need to make fun of people with hobbies, because we're just as "wierd" as they are.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#6 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:17 PM

I do appologize to anyone i've offended by this post, but to me this happened a while ago and it was pretty meraculouis to find a tube full of little nick-nacks. I didn't know things like this were that widespead. I'll be sure to leave these things alone if i ever find something like this ever again. (which is very unlikely mind you.)

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 03 February 2005 - 09:20 PM.

Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:38 PM

You stole all the goodies from a geocache?! What an excellent retard you are.

Thousands (if not tens of thousands) of people participate in geocaching. You do have to have half a brain and a bit of common decency though so I'd suggest you not join the fun.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:48 PM

Ok, as a cacher and an influential member of this community, I would like to say that guys like you don't deserve the very air you breathe. Widespread or not, what the fuck kind of person are you? What if it had been just something locally someone was doing? Does it make it any more right that you took the shit that wasn't your's and obviously was something that someone did for enjoyment. And calling us nerds with free time is pretty absurd. I attend all the local Geocaching events, and at 21 I am the youngest single member of the group. This is something most people do with their families douche bag! And as far as hvaing the right to call anyone a nerd, your on a fucking forum where we talk about the modification of childrens toys....now who's the geek asshole?

Jesus, it's people like you that remind me why alcohol is so popular.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:08 PM

And a reminder of the popularity of alcohol among pregnant women.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#10 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:36 PM

Ooooo.

That was a particularly nasty one, Janga.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

Guys, guys, he made a mistake, and he's been ripped apart by 2 very powerful members. I think he's sufficiently sorry, and I doubt he will ever do it again.

Just wondering though, for geocatching, how do you keep the container from rolling away or whatnot in a storm?

And if I offend anyone with this, I'm not sure if I really care- but we're all geeks here. If you take the time to sign up for a nerf forum and have over 10 posts, I think it's safe to say you're pretty much a geek, or at least a closet geek. I myself, am a full-fledged geek, at least as soon as I learn basic/mediocre programming over the summer. Then, combined with learning D&D, I can safely say I could be the biggest geek in the school. But remember, geeks rule the world. Funny story for all you computer gurus:

Me: "Did you fix your computer yet?"
A friend: "Yeah!! We sent it to some computer genius who deleted programs!!"
Me: "Wait... you PAID someone to delete programs off your hard drive?"
A friend: " Yes! It was soo slow and had soo many problems!"
Me: "Please don't tell me you paid this guy over $50..."
A friend: "I think we gave him like $300"

Now, for those people who know where the control panel is on a windows-operated computer, that just shows you an example of a get-rich-quick scheme. Well, that and who knows the joys of spybot/norton antivirus. Now WHY she never ran a virus scan even though she had norton installed on her computer is beyond me.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 07 February 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#12 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:07 PM

Just wondering though, for geocatching, how do you keep the container from rolling away or whatnot in a storm?...

~ompa

Well, thanks to cx and JSkater, I am now a geocacher. Magellan GPS 4000 XL from the early days. And yes, there are caches on our little island. Fascinating.

Anyway, if you go to geocaching.com they'll give you the whole skinny.

Most geocaches are watertight, fairly durable containers (Rubbermaid or Tupperware, ammo boxes, 5-gallon buckets with watertight lids), and are usually buried or partially buried under rocks, pine needles, brush, etc. Which makes it particularly fun and exciting to go "treasure hunting". The cache owner is pretty much responsible for keeping the goodie box from rolling/ blowing/ drifting away. Not much you can do for human intervention, intentional or accidental.

Here in Hawaii, the coastal geocaches tend to be susceptible to getting wet during the high surf/ winter storm seasons, but many also survive and keep it's contents and logbook intact and dry. Not many right there on the beaches, most are fairly away from direct impact from the elements.

And ompa, I look at it this way. Some people catch their jollies in front of a computer, in a computer generated world, doing computer generated things, and basically the computer is their world, though it is completely a fabrication. A facade. A counterfeit, even.
I like to get out into the real world, with real mountains, real surf, get a real good workout, and find real "treasures" from around the world, all by using a GPS. Get out and PLAY. Fresh air and all.

And I still like to Nerf.

Sorry for going so far off topic...this is almost as much fun as fixing up blasters.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#13 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:25 PM

I love going outdoors too- except the mosquitoes. Good GOD the mosquitoes... Take away the mosquitoes I'd be OUTSIDE doing my modding and whatnot.

That geocaching actually seems pretty interesting... I'll check that out.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 07 February 2005 - 09:25 PM.

#14 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:03 PM

I was wondering when geocaching was going to pop up. Some people even leave insect repelant in geocaches so you might get lucky there Ompa.

Seriously it is great fun and you can have a great time hiding things in challenging ways for others to find. You can make puzzles and have people solve clues, it's a good excercise in creativity plus you get to find places that you wouldn't normally go.

If you can borrow a GPS unit for the weekend I'm sure that you'd have fun. You can even contact some of the local active geocaching members in your area and someone might be willing to take you out and show you things. Geocachers are usually very friendly and are always interested in recruiting new people to play as new people place caches and then they have something new to look for:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users