Photo

Dremel Problems

2 replies to this topic

#1 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:20 PM

Ok, Im sure you all know how to get the bits out of a dremel. You hold that button on the side and use a wrench to loosten the tip. Well, I think the peice that the button latches to broke on mine. No matter how hard I hold the button the peice that its holding always pops loose.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for loostening the tip or how to fix it.

EDIT:

I opened it up, and the way it works is there are two holes in the cylinder that the button pokes into, and they have somehow gotten stripped a little. Oh well, I wonder what the warranty on these things is like.

Edited by >Fuse<, 29 January 2005 - 02:30 PM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:26 PM

Well, you can get a special Dremel Chuck accessory so you don't really need to use a spanner, but then again, this isn't going to solve your problem. I know what you're talking about though, and I thought you could get replacements of those. The button on mine is fairly rigid, but you have to depress it as much as possible. At first, it might feel really hard to do it, but after some practice, it's easy. The only other thing I can think of is go out and buy one of those El Cheapo Rotary tools and just take out the button piece and pop it into your Dremel. Or, if the Dremel unit is less than a year old, take it to a harware repairer, and they'll have a new part sent in. Or you could simply write to Dremel and explain your issue.

I hope this helps in some way for you.

-TIG.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#3 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the help. Trust me, no matter how hard I push this punk isnt going to lock down *looks at blistered thumb*.

It's well under a year old, and the book says its warranted against defects for two years. Im calling this a defect and just going to send it back.

Edited by >Fuse<, 30 January 2005 - 12:05 PM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users