#1 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 251 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:24 AM

I started this mod with the observations that the nf and at2k seem to be two of the most popular guns at the moment. And after inspecting the light compartment, I saw that It would be possible to combine these two favorites.

Well, it didnít turn out as pretty as I had hoped, but itís effective and Iím going to try again when I get another nf.
The pictures are fairly self-explanatory. Iíll document it better the next time around, because I knew this wouldnít work as well as I had hoped. This was the case and several modifications are going to be made on the next attempt. Just sit tight.

The first things are that it shall be quad barreled, and thus for space issues, the pump will come out of the bottom.
The other thing is that on this trial I didnít want to do any gluing, and I managed to avoid all gluing. On the next one, goop will be necessary, because the liquitron gauge will be completely removed, rather than just hacked off.
The next one will also have a revised trigger because as I bent this valveís firing pin, I realized that I had turned myself around and that I had to bend it back. And just like a paperclip bent back then forth, the pin broke. This called for a fugly trigger fix. I lost approximately (I was very tired and stressed from midterms and chucked the broken piece; it has yet to be found in my basement) ĺĒ of the trigger pin. If done carefully, the trigger should be relatively simple.

Just to explain the rationale behind keeping the liquitron gauge, I figured that it would be proof that this could be done with a semi auto at2k, making it incredibly nasty.
Just imagine, itís possible to have a spring pistol with 4 semi-auto at2k shots that mounts to your titan. Personally, Iíd mount it on my powerclip, but whatever.

Posted Image
Here is the side with the liquitron. It had to be hacked way more than I wanted to, but itís stable. Surprisingly.

Posted Image
Hereís a close-up of the fuglyest part of the gun. It sure as hell wonít be winning Ms. Nerf 2005.
Posted Image
Hereís the prettier side. Looks a good bit more badassed.
Posted Image
Hereís a close-up of the double trigger. Itís fairly comfy. The aluminum hard-drive ring makes a good trigger, but can be a bit of a pain to pull repeatedly. The original trigger was dremeled until when pulled back, roughly 1/8Ē was still sticking out. (ie Ė trigger isnít quite flush with the back of the trigger-guard-hole)

Well, the ranges are about normal, but due to how hard it is to pull the integrated second trigger back quickly to maximize performance, the at2k is barely sub-par, but could still leave a bruise (rules of thumb, or trigger finger Ė close range, nf; mid to long range, at2k)
This was my first integration, and I highly suggest something easier to start integrating.
I should get the next one done soon; in the mean time, give this one a go.
-Jlego

Oh, and possible paintjobs? other than black? black has become slightly worn out to me...
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

Cool. I integrated a SM750 into a NF. Valve at the front, pump in the grip. I'll post it if anyone want me to - I may even sell it... :huh:

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#3 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

That looks very nice, what are the ranges of the 2k? I think I will do that when i get another 2k, again very nice job. EDIT- please do post that TIG, it sounds pretty cool.

Edited by 1313, 01 February 2005 - 04:45 PM.

#4 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

That's awesome, you should do a Rasta paint scheme. I need to do this when I can pick up some at2k two packs*COUGH*

Next time you should try putting the pump inside the hand of the nite finder.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:38 PM

I have a disassembled Nite Finder, plus two spares, and I was going to pick up some AT2Ks if I can find any, I think I'll try that. Unless it's too advanced.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 01 February 2005 - 07:43 PM.

SexD Warves

#6 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

Is the at2k pump flimsy? It looks flimsy.

Thats an awsome mod though! Get the night finder that attaches to the titan, and use that to do the same thing as you did. This way their would be like 3 guns hangen off the titan.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#7 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:05 AM

I think I'll try that. Unless it's too advanced.

It can be quite a pain. I'd suggest trying something else first, or wait until you have better directions, sans (without) liquitron. The liquitron is one of the things that made this one so difficult.

Is the at2k pump flimsy? It looks flimsy. Thats an awsome mod though! Get the night finder that attaches to the titan, and use that to do the same thing as you did. This way their would be like 3 guns hangen off the titan.

Not as flimsy as it looks, I put e tape on the pump and cut it to fit. I have since put more e-tape on the front, as something to hold the pump to pump against the ammo holders (sorry, hard to word). I also plan to goop it after I paint the gun.

And for those who didn't find everything I was trying to say, here's a list of improvements I'm working on.
The possible improvements:

1-Quad barrel / at2k turret. I'm working on that like mad to enter into this contest.

2-semi-auto. With the turret, this thing would be a total beast.
OR
2-remove liquitron gauge, making the integration a heck of a lot easier. (although it only makes semi auto more difficult, not impossible)

3-trigger redesign. Secondary trigger is still a pain on occasions.

4-use the new nf. Then it could attach to the titan just for fun.

5-reposition pump in handle. Some people suggested it, I have already considered it, and it is integral (mmmm, pun) to quad barreling it.

There you are. Hopefully I will finish my second attempt and post it by Saturday, with good pics.
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

#8 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:59 PM

Award for best integration since groove's xbow-splitfire.

looks good and seems usable. nice job, ima try it soon. definately going to forget the liquitron though. nice job, you should write it up.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#9 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

Award for best integration since groove's xbow-splitfire.

looks good and seems usable. nice job, ima try it soon. definately going to forget the liquitron though. nice job, you should write it up.

Thanks! That means a lot to me (that xbow sf integration was hot!), and I am definitely going to write it up as soon as I can get another nf, preferably the new n-strike one. I hope to go to tru either tomorrow or Friday, if fencing permits. It's been colliding with my overfilled mod schedule.
Either way, even if I donít get to it until this weekend, it will get written up then, without the liquitron, and hopefully with an at2k turret, so that you get the full nastiness factor.

As I said before, I almost took the liquitron off, but I wanted to test for thirst-style semi-auto 2k plausibility. I might try that in the future as well.
Back to the Bat-Cave!
-Jlego
p.s. I need a new camera... maybe after the ram..
~Jaxon of the LGLF

#10 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:28 AM

I hope to go to tru either tomorrow or Friday, if fencing permits. It's been colliding with my overfilled mod schedule.

Too weird. You fence as well? I fence foil.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#11 SnIpErX125

SnIpErX125

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:14 AM

That's pretty cool, dawg.
CAUTION: These plastic BBS sting like a mother when you get hit by them, so don't go shooting at the cat with it.

www.geocities.com/darkmessenger125/NerfRetreat.html

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

PRETTY cool? That thing's downright beastly!

Edited by NerfMonkey, 20 February 2005 - 05:10 PM.

SexD Warves

#13 Streetz

Streetz

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:45 AM

Put some red, blue, green, yellow, or white on it. Lol. Only suggestion since you asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users