#1 Ames

Ames

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

In case you can't get that image, go to http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~ames/links

Hey all, again,

Thought I'd share this modification to the Secret Shot 2 that I did over the winter break. A lot of the barrel modification is from this site by Silastic Armorfiend, which is a GREAT SITE, but where he adds a second PVC barrel swung-down and triggered by the second trigger (like the original wimpy barrel), I choose to obliterate the second barrel altogether.

Instead, you know that little arm that releases the second barrel (if you dismantle the SS2, you know what I mean)? I cannibalized its spring, and glued it between a part of the second-trigger assembly and the valve assembly, allowing the second trigger to be pulled and spring back in to place.

Then, I put a solder point on the trigger assembly and a solder point on the valve assembly in such a fashion that when the second trigger is pulled, the points touch (obviously!). Then I extended wires from those solder points to a battery case (below the ammo holders, see picture) and to a cannibalized laser pointer in such a fashion that the second trigger, when touched, fires the pointer. It's AWESOME, and it works well.

Fairly basic mod, actually, too. This was my first. Ever. I hope you enjoy this mod. And remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ^^

EDIT:
In combat, this gun leaves a lot to be desired. Its re-load time is abyssmal, like most pump-action, single-shot guns. Further, since I plugged the plunger holes (per Silastic again) to allow a longer effective pump sequence, I've started to blow out the plastic pipes connecting the pump to the valve. Per a friend's suggestions, I'm going to look in to replacing the wimpy plastic tube with braided, paintball-quality plastic tube that sure as hell won't blow out. Add some superglue, and the Secret Shot 2 will be active once more.

Despite these flaws, though, this gun is WORTH IT. Its range is simply ridiculous in a gun its size, especially with micro Stefan darts, and given its reload time, it's best to treat it as a "hand cannon" or light artillery. It won't get you out of a tight bind in combat, but it'll hit anything you point it at.

EDIT:
...for obsessively spell-checking, and to credit my girlfriend with figuring out how to solder the Infiniter pointer effectively...

Edited by Ames, 31 January 2005 - 12:25 AM.

#2 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:40 AM

Nice idea. Do you have a way of attaching the pointer to the gun?

I suggest getting a longer barrel on there tho.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#3 Ames

Ames

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:14 AM

I tried to clip the pointer to the ammo holder; three problems with that.
1. The wiring is almost too short. Almost.
2. The pointer is too thin.
3. Accuracy from the side? Not so much.

So, what I did, was I fixed it to the top by looping some tape through the oval hole in the gun's top. That worked for me.

Have you tried it with a longer barrel? Any results to report?

#4 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:55 AM

I used a brass barrel on my SS2. I can't remember the exact length, but I want to say like 12". Ths SS2 is an amazing gun.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a complete moron. You did that already.

Edited by >Fuse<, 31 January 2005 - 08:12 AM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users