Photo

How Co2 Regulaters Work

8 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

I know that many of you don't like the combination of CO2 and nerf but I was wondering just how paintball regulaters work. For those of you into paintball I'm looking for a cheap ($20) regulater that will regulate co2 flow at 60psi. I'm looking for one that I can screw right onto a male or female 3/4 or 1/2 pvc attachment and that the co2 canister screws right into the back. Any info would be great: heres one http://zephyrpaintba...m/product/AIM68
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:40 PM

Adjustable CO2 bike pump and tire valve.

Total: $14
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:07 AM

Adjustable CO2 bike pump and tire valve.

Total: $14

Awsome! I was wondering where I could get something like that, and only $14.

#4 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:15 AM

I did purchase one of those a long time ago but every time you want to let air into it you have to twist it. I want one that regulates the air flow automaticly.

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:22 AM

Wait... you turn the knob a little and it's 'on' with a low pressure output. You turn the knob a lot and it's 'on' with a high pressure output. How is that different from what you're talking about? As far as I can tell, if you don't mess with the knob it will keep delivering air at the desired pressure until the CO2 runs out.

I believe this is different from the ones with a push button valve and no pressure regulation.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:25 PM

Ok it sounds like I already have what I need, thanks cxwq. I would also like to know the cheapest place online to buy a psi measuring type thing I could attach to pvc just like a tire valve?

#7 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:09 PM

Ok it sounds like I already have what I need, thanks cxwq. I would also like to know the cheapest place online to buy a psi measuring type thing I could attach to pvc just like a tire valve?

hardware store. i don't know where you live, but i've found psi guages in osh, home depot, and ACE.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:08 PM

I believe 300psi gauges cost approximately $7? Around there.

~ompa

#9 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:38 AM

Ray and the Ompanator are right indeed; I found a dial type gauge (200 psi) at a True Value here for 10 bucks. It looks like it's been on the shelf awhile though, like maybe 10 years. This is backwater country, after all. It's a replacement piece for an electric air compressor/ tank.

I also had the good fortune to find another small, dial-type gauge (redline 100 psi) off of a salvaged small boiler unit here on the property. Ahh, the joys of facility access. I'm going to try this one out on the next homemade (tripod mounted noodle launcher), once it's accuracy is verified.

There was once a CO2 inflator with lever regulation called the Superflate; I've noticed it's not available anywhere (at least at Performance Bike and at Bike Nashbar), but the unit that cx suggested is as close to regulated gas as you can get. The ones that just unload all the CO2 into the tire sometimes take it all the way to bursting (happened to me once, never used CO2 again).

Hey, if you're desperate, you can always use a car/ truck tire gauge (get one at least 120 psi) and use that to check pressure--I am going to use that with my pump up homemades (currently I'm spoiled by a battery-powered inflator that has it's own built-in gauge.)

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users