Mavrick And The Scout

dual pistoling

11 replies to this topic

#1 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

My friend recently bought two Mavricks at Target. While I was looking at them, I noticed that on the cocking mechaism theres a hole in the back, similar to the one on the scout. So I thought of an idea of putting a string between them, tying it up and putting it around your neck. Then, when you have dual Mavricks all you have to do is straighten out your arm to cock your gun. You can tie the strings onto a saxophone neck strap so you don't have to choke yourself everytime you do it. It looks getto, but it works and I just thought I might share it with you guys. The only problem is that you can't hold the gun straight out when you shoot. I was hoping someone could think of an idea to solve that problem. :nugget:
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

The only problem is that you can't hold the gun straight out when you shoot.

Well, if anything, it's at least a way to carry twelve extra shots. Cool idea.
SexD Warves

#3 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:10 AM

You wouldn't have to wrap it around your neck or whatever; as long as you have enough arm strength, you should be able to pull to cock them easily enough. It is a good idea, though.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#4 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:07 PM

Ah. My friend did theis to his NF, and I kind of copied ont my turreted TTG. The only difference is that I used a bookbag strap, and it went around my shoulder, and doubled as a strap. Yeah, it decreaed the guns range a bit (about 5-10 feet) unless you held it really close to your body. There is no way to fix this. Deal with it.
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#5 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:59 PM

Why not just attach the string to your arm just above the elbow so that all you have to do is flick your wrist to cock the gun.

#6 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

Or you could have the strings Just long enough so you could cock it on your upper leg.

#7 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:47 PM

You could make a wire hook on a strap or belt so that you hook the guns via the hole on the slide cock them and then take them off the hook, eliminating the need for the string and the need to hold the gun close. Also a hook might double as a holster, though I don't know how effective it would be if you were running around a lot.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#8 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

Not to stifle new ideas or anything, but why don't you just cock it? The strap on my TTG gets in the way alot and decreases range. Since the Maverick fires as fast as you cock, wouldn't it be faster to just cock it?
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#9 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

Not to stifle new ideas or anything, but why don't you just cock it? The strap on my TTG gets in the way alot and decreases range. Since the Maverick fires as fast as you cock, wouldn't it be faster to just cock it?

The goal is to go all Jon Woo with them. You know, one in each hand. Dual mavs would be awesome.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#10 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

The goal is to go all Jon Woo with them. You know, one in each hand. Dual mavs would be awesome.

cough*Gunkata*cough

Ok, I'll throw that idea, right into the trash, forever.
Promise.

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:15 PM

Sorry to bring up a (sort of) old topic, but what about having a holster on the lower half of each leg, then tying a string through the hole on the backs and having it go through the belt loops on your jeans? Then it would use one string and they wouldn't flop all over when you tried to move. You still couldn't extend your arms fully when you have the Mavericks out of the holsters, but it would solve some problems.
SexD Warves

#12 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

Or you could thread ultra-strength floss in your teeth and have the mavs hanging down from those. Then you could jerk back your head everytime so you'd look like a savage monster everytime you took a shot.
Indiana '11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users