Photo

New Website

12 replies to this topic

#1 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:32 PM

I haven't given credit for many of the images, yet its still in testing, but check out my nerf sites!

Edited by Viper, 13 January 2005 - 04:33 PM.

#2 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:15 PM

I don't really care for reveiws, you should get more stuff other than reveiws. Although, I love the way you used that bar graph for reviewing.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

I haven't given credit for many of the images, yet its still in testing, but check out my nerf sites!

Yeah, because I would rather see myself credited on your website for my arsenal picture.

It's not that I'm really angry, it's more that I feel disappointed that you wouldn't ask me before using my picture. Next time keep in mind that most people will allow you to use their images, if asked nicely and properly.

So please take down my picture until you have a caption underneath it saying something to the effect of "BlackWrath's SM5000".
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#4 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:27 PM

I like how you did your reviews with the graphs and all that, though I'm not much of a fan of reviews. Everything is scitter-scatter, in both IE and Firefox, you might want to try fixing that.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#5 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:03 PM

Most people really don't care if you take the pictures anyway, its not like we make a fortune off our nerf websites. I'm sticking with yakmans philosophy on it and letting anyone take my pictures without permission, because essentially there's nothing I can do about it. Sorry , though I lost the source on alot of files when I was putting thousands of pictures on to my computer. I got a ton from Johnson research's vanessa palaez. I talked to Vanessa about nerf caring about picture distribution and she laughed at how noone cares about what we do. So if you want, steal some pictures I stole or received and blame it on me, because I don't give a flying fuck. I think people protect their pictures so as they feel somehow "important" in what they do. I think, that as a community, we shouldn't waste our time with protecting pictures ownership, but the ideas behind them. This entire effort was as much about giving pictures away to people as about giving precise statistics on rare guns. Its very unorganized, I know I was trying to "stuff" as many foam gun reviews as I could. Feel free to take them and use them on your website, modified to your tastes or not and DO NOT ASK PERMISSION.

Edited by Viper, 13 January 2005 - 08:09 PM.

#6 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hey, i thought the website was pretty cool. It had alot of detailed reviews i enjoyed. Stop riding Vipers ass. He has a nice website. Reviews DO help in alot of ways anyway.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#7 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:13 PM

Thanks 3nerfiteers, I wholeheartedly agree. I'll try and get the patent drawings up as soon as I can.

Edited by Viper, 13 January 2005 - 08:34 PM.

#8 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

You just gave everyone permission to use my pictures as they please? Gave them permission to modify them as they please?

Take my picture down. It's the one of the black SM5k, with "SB" in silver. It's in the SM5k/ST2000 section.

I honestly didn't think you'd be a dick about giving me credit for my pictures, but now I have to be a dick about it too.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:34 PM

Well, trying to ignore the Black Wrath/Viper argument, I like your reviews. All Nerf reviews should be done in that style. It's very easy to understand. Good job, Viper! :D
SexD Warves

#10 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

I liked it,,,,AND I"M HAPPY you took ANY pictures that I posted and recycled them to your site.

#11 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:11 PM

I didn't mean to offend you blackwrath, I made it sound like it was directed t you but it was not. Your mod, by the way is the most brilliant ever and I think you only deserve further advertising for it. Some people I got pictures from were also people I bought the actual gun from. What I really want is someone else, maybe a "blue chip" nerf site to take my reviews and use them or make a similiar effort. Nerfcenter was my main standard for what to compare to, but still I found errors and viewpoints in their reviews that I directly disagreed with. The mods are pretty bad, I know but paint was all my website would hold. The best thing I think I brought to the table was the integration of mods,stats,descriptions, and the inventors of the gun. The hydro harpoon crossbow was a pump gun by the way. Good news, I just won the zap snaps prototype! I can't decide to review it or to just leave it in the package.

Edited by Viper, 13 January 2005 - 11:41 PM.

#12 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

I didn't mean to offend you blackwrath, I made it sound like it was directed t you but it was not. Your mod, by the way is the most brilliant ever and I think you only deserve further advertising for it. Some people I got pictures from were also people I bought the actual gun from. What I really want is someone else, maybe a "blue chip" nerf site to take my reviews and use them or make a similiar effort. Nerfcenter was my main standard for what to compare to, but still I found errors and viewpoints in their reviews that I directly disagreed with. The mods are pretty bad, I know but paint was all my website would hold. The best thing I think I brought to the table was the integration of mods,stats,descriptions, and the inventors of the gun. The hydro harpoon crossbow was a pump gun by the way. Good news, I just won the zap snaps prototype! I can't decide to review it or to just leave it in the package.

Oh, an advertisement for my mod on this site would be nice, if Cx allows it.

The main concern I have with you having my image, is that I am working on my own website and I would like to use old and new images, and the one you have is an older image I'd like to be able to use. It's just my own stuff, and it doesn't seem right to have my content on too many sites at once; or else people start arguing over who's picture it is.

Don't bother opening those Zap Snaps... I bet they're so god awful that they'll burn your hands.

--

#13 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:41 PM

I changed it to 1 of my sm5k's. You bring a good argument. Freewebs is down, but I'll load it onto the site 1st thing when it gets back up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users