Shoot Stefans With An Nf

My darts or the gun?

9 replies to this topic

#1 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:55 PM

I recently made a batch of Stefan micros, and when I tried putting them into my NF (unmodded) they would not work. I was wondering if it was my darts-I followed the instructions on NerfOnline as closely as possible-or if it was my gun. Would I need to take out that little pole inside the barrel to shoot micro Stefans or do the mod on this site? If anyone has answers, please help. Thanks.
SexD Warves

#2 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:15 PM

Would I need to take out that little pole inside the barrel to shoot micro Stefans

Yes, you would, unless you have holes in the back of your stefans made by a straw or something.

or do the mod on this site?

That would help also with your range and such.

#3 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:57 AM

This wasn't a particularly bad question, I guess, but it wasn't the greatest either. I don't mean this in a harsh way, but: honestly the best thing for you to do before asking these types of questions is to look at the gun for a good half hour, open it up, inspect it, see what you can or can't take out, and then if you really can't figure it out, ask online.

Anyway, yes, the little "pole" is part of the device that the stock micros use (see how they are hollow in the back?). Behind the pole is one of the air restrictors, the kind that makes it so that if there isn't a dart in there then the air doesn't really come out forcefully. Just look at it to see what I mean.

Regarding the pole, if you look at the mod on our site, we don't remove the pole piece entirely, we just rip off the pole part and keep the circular part there because it's still needed.
Indiana '11

#4 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:13 AM

The best way to make a whole in the darts (in my opinion) is to heat up a screw driver, and push it into the stephan dart (creating a hole). Their really isn't much pushing, because the heat melts the foam. Make sure the screw driver isn't very big.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#5 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

To put the wholes in the steffans, I warm up a big nail over a candle and use that.
~Halfling

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:38 PM

Thanks. I do put holes in my Stefans, they must just not be big enough. I have been using a small screwdriver that is not heated. I also tried a nail, and a straw. The screwdriver works the best. I will try heating it up with a candle or something. I did open up the Nite Finder, but it was a while back and I didn't do a sketch of the innards of it. Once again, thank you for all your help. :) By the way, I just made a blowgun. It's sweet! :D

Edited by NerfMonkey, 13 January 2005 - 06:16 PM.

SexD Warves

#7 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

I was woundering the same thing, but could I make the end of the NF cocker thing, to have a flat end? so it could shout it with out the little hole.

Edited by Tarius, 15 January 2005 - 03:15 PM.

Who am I to let you win this War.

#8 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:05 AM

Just do the mod.

Don't fret to much, it's an NF, a relatively inexpensive sidearm, and a good introduction to modding. Follow the instructions, don't cut unless you know you really have to cut, and try to be neat.

Don't worry, my first mod was an SM5K, and I did just fine. :D

Tarius, what are you talking about?

#9 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:54 AM

Oddball is correct the best option is to modd your NF and remove all the air restriction. All you need is a phillip's screwdriver and a drill.

Open it up, take the two parts that connect the plunger tube to the barrel and drill a hole through them so the air can pass unimpeaded to the barrel and remove the peg that sticks into the barrel. Put every thing back together and you'll be a much happer nerfer.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#10 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:04 AM

The fireing mechanisim, can it be extended? if not I have problems.

Edited by Tarius, 15 January 2005 - 03:15 PM.

Who am I to let you win this War.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users