Photo

Water Gun To Nerf Gun Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

Recently I have made my Storm 760 water gun into a nerf gun that... doesn't shoot. I plugged the over pressure release and put about a 4" PVC barrel on it and went to try it out. Once I got a dart to go a foot, but that doesn't count. I'm sure there is something I need to remove to make the air come out fast enough, but I have no clue what. Anybody know?

Edited by CTA then and now, 14 January 2005 - 03:38 PM.

Ecstasy is all you need
Living in the big machine

#2 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:12 AM

Did you try cutting the orange nozzle at the end of the gun because the orange nozzle has a smaller hole which limits the amount of water and air flow exiting the gun, when cut the air flow increases significantly which makes an ideal mod if ur converting a water gun to a nerf gun. Yakman.i8 is a good website to get the idea on how to convert water guns into nerf guns.

But be cautious when cutting the orange nozzle, if you cut too much of it you will cut the valve seperating the barrel and the air tank thus screwing up the mod.

Edited by underservice, 13 January 2005 - 08:15 AM.

The matrix is real...

#3 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:11 AM

Actally, all you need is a longer barrel. A MUCH longer barrel.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#4 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:01 AM

I've never modded storm guns just because of all that nasty led stuff in there. If its like any other water gun mod you have to pump the hell out of it because the pressure design it the opposite of a nerf gun, low air pressure for a long time

Hope that helped
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#5 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:46 PM

Cutting off the orange nozzle and getting a longer barrel barrel sounds like it will work, so I will try that when I get a chance. Thank you.
Ecstasy is all you need
Living in the big machine

#6 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:38 AM

If you don't want to pump like 50+ times for one shot you could get rid of the bladder/watertank. If this gun pressurizes the bladder/watertank open up the gun and either pull apart or saw off the attachment to the bladder. Fill that hole up with plumbers goop or epoxy. Now the air will pressurize only at the airvalve which should be enough to shoot the dart. I think 6-8 in. would be a good barrel length. Now your gun should still shoot fine but only take like 3-8 pumps as opposed to 50+. I have never opened up at storm 700 but most of the new water guns are about the same. If someone else has opened one up and knows that my idea won't work please say so.
Sup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users