Bbb

Why do people like it?

18 replies to this topic

#1 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

It seems everyone likes the BBB. My friend had one, and he nor I really liked it. Why do people like it?
It seemed to me the accuraccy wasn't very good, the range wasn't very good, and it is huge.
What am I missing? or am I thinking of another gun that looks like the BBB
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#2 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:14 AM

I don't know. You say you might be thinking of another gun that looks like the BBB, but you don't describe it. How are we supposed to know if you're thinking of a different gun or not?
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#3 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:16 AM

I don't know. You say you might be thinking of another gun that looks like the BBB, but you don't describe it. How are we supposed to know if you're thinking of a different gun or not?

What I meant by that was that my info about the BBB might be wrong.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#4 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:36 AM

Did you mod it? If you didn't, you're wasting our time.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#5 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:57 AM

You have to mod the BBB for its true potential to be realized. Although it makes a decent arrow weapon unmodded, properly modded, it rivals the Crossbow for effective losing and shotgunning (though, as far as I can tell does not surpass it). There are people on the boards who try their best to flame into oblivion, but I think it's a fine gun. Once I finally finish mine, it will probably be my primary.

There are plenty of mod descriptions around the boards and net if you look hard enough. The most common is to saw the barrel down to about 3/4 inch or so and put a coupler on it, then use multiple PVC barrels that can be interchanged between a loser and multiple pre-loaded shotgun shells; spring replacement and some other odds'n'ends round it out. I don't recommend banding, as it seems to make the gun unstable. I cut out part of the rear of mine and put on a PVC stock for mine, but I need to shorten it.

Later.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:20 PM

I have broken 2 just by trying to put all the shit back in.

#7 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

Thank you to those who helped. I never saw a modded BBB.

#8 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:11 AM

The internals are not that difficult, what exactly did you do that cuased you to break two of them?

#9 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

When I put them back together they just dont work for some reason I can't get the barrel and other parts in the right position, an internal pic would help if anyone has...

#10 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:04 PM

Did you place the springs with the orange pegs back into place?

#11 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

Yes I did that.

#12 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

That's one of the easiest guns to get back together...things can't fit in the wrong places.

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

That's one of the easiest guns to get back together...things can't fit in the wrong places.

Well they ovbiously did fit in the wrong places, or my gun would work, now wouldn't it?

#14 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:24 AM

How about going through the steps you did to put it back together, or tell us how it is not working, i.e. it is not catching or the trigger won't work. It is a start and may qive us some qlue as what went wrong.

#15 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:39 PM

Well they ovbiously did fit in the wrong places, or my gun would work, now wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. While the pieces don't go in the wrong places, that doesn't mean they put themselves there.

#16 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

So you're basically trying to tell him he's a craptacular modder instead of actually trying to assist him. Great post.
Indiana '11

#17 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:34 PM

Ender - Thanks for trying to help, but it's not a big deal, I don't like the gun a whole lot, after using a modded one, I realized it's not worth modding for my playing style. THanks though

Okto - Try and make sense with your next post please for us all.
And yes AA I know I am a shitty modder.

#18 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:00 AM

No no, you interpreted my post wrong. I didn't say you suck, I just was telling okto not to post just to bash you.

Hmm, we actually get quite a few BBB questions, I hope soon we get a mod for it on our site...
Indiana '11

#19 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:15 AM

Not a problem if you have any questions about modding your welcome to pm me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users