Help With Maverick Mod

Need one thing clarified

1 reply to this topic

#1 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:23 PM

Alright, I'm really confused how this mod works. I already screwed up one time and all the pieces went flying, so I tossed that Maverick and am working with one of my spares. I get every part fine up until the foam backer rod insertion. Either I'm not reading this right, or it's just wrong. To my understanding, I'm supposed to remove the front half of the barrel assembly and pull out the air restrictors and little three-pegged thingies from the back half of the barrel assembly. The mod never mentions what to do with the six springs inside. Then, I'm supposed to replace that area (where the restrictors and three-pegged thingies were) with 1 inch foam backer rod bits. This is where it all goes wrong. Now all air flow is restricted. I'm also confused as to what the "barrel stubs" are. Someone please explain.

Edited by CaptainCC, 08 January 2005 - 05:29 PM.

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:09 AM

I'm not sure. I haven't seen any mods around personally, but I might be able to help;
These barrel stubs I believe are the "post stubs" like in the RF20 air-restrictor mod -- you cut off the poles and stick the discs back in to the turret. I think this is how it's done wiht the Mav. I think you can just remove the springs and maybe you have to put something back.

Please PM me about this.

-TIG.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users